StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest craigdabbs
I had random resets on 180 and 181 like you and it was due to perfmod I think and going to stock 2.2 then back was the only way to fix it. If you're getting reboots on stock, it probably is unrelated and due to the battery cover issue someone else mentioned. When I had stock that used to happen. I fixed it by putting a cut out piece of of business card over the battery connector area under the back cover to keep it nice and tight.

Well going back to stock then back onto steves new beta looks to have done the trick with the random reboots, 1day 14hrs uptime now, sure beats 4hrs :(.

First time i have used the new dell stage ui aswell, its actually not that bad and certainly looks the part and fills up all that screen space nicely :D. Could do with a few more widgets tho like SMS messages, Gmail, working facebook, and a settings panel would be most welcome.

Guest frankquattrone
Well going back to stock then back onto steves new beta looks to have done the trick with the random reboots, 1day 14hrs uptime now, sure beats 4hrs :(.

First time i have used the new dell stage ui aswell, its actually not that bad and certainly looks the part and fills up all that screen space nicely :D. Could do with a few more widgets tho like SMS messages, Gmail, working facebook, and a settings panel would be most welcome.

Glad it's working. All credit to Fards who beat it into my head that I had to do it and Hans A. for the great instructions. Stage isn't everyone's cup of tea but it does what it's supposed to do. For settings, you should try Widgetsoid. It's awesome. The only thing that doesn't work on it is the flashlight function. Method 2 works but it turns on both the LED as well as the screen.

Guest disco77

DJ Steve has made it possible to have what seems like a new handset every month for which myself and many others are VERY grateful. I have contributed and I hope everyone else who benefits do also.

However, my eyesight is failing due to age.....to all those who have a similar issue can I recommend Steve's 1.6.1 with HTC Teetermod, coupled with VNC's Honeycomb UI it makes for a fantastic looking setup and large enough for those like me a joy to look at. Frankly it amazes everyone I show it to. There is the occasional dropped signal issue after a phone call but keeping a VNC reset icon on your menu makes an instant fix possible..... if only I could screen shot I would show you all.

Guest alert_bri
Hi guys... Somebody know when next update will come ?

I'm fairly sure Stephen would say 'when it's ready' - my guess is soon...

I can't wait... Wonder what difference Dell have made with their latest release.

Cheers

Brian

Guest HOkay
DJ Steve has made it possible to have what seems like a new handset every month for which myself and many others are VERY grateful. I have contributed and I hope everyone else who benefits do also.

However, my eyesight is failing due to age.....to all those who have a similar issue can I recommend Steve's 1.6.1 with HTC Teetermod, coupled with VNC's Honeycomb UI it makes for a fantastic looking setup and large enough for those like me a joy to look at. Frankly it amazes everyone I show it to. There is the occasional dropped signal issue after a phone call but keeping a VNC reset icon on your menu makes an instant fix possible..... if only I could screen shot I would show you all.

You can get ShootMe off the market and use that to screenshot it...? I'm curious to see how this looks, despite liking the standard 160dpi :D

Guest superutp
I'm fairly sure Stephen would say 'when it's ready' - my guess is soon...

I can't wait... Wonder what difference Dell have made with their latest release.

Cheers

Brian

ha ha...the ' when its ready' !!!:D

Guest macex

Hi All,

My StreakDroid is going Bonkers very frequently:

I am running streakdroid 1.6.1, with streakmod.

The problem i am having is, in last 2 weeks i have had to re-flash everything from at least 4 times.

Each time to 1.5.1 and then to 1.6.1.

The 161 works fine for a day or 2 and then the whole thing starts disintegrating.

In this process i lose all new msgs, numbers, call log etc., (any way to keep a live backup of these??)

crashes in messaging, adw, aldiko, settings, etc etc., quadrant doesnt run; wifi never turns on, etc etc

everything goes bonkers after a day or 2, even overnight.

I have even tried nandroid.

Now after the last attempt now even 1.5.1 is not booting up.

Can someone help me? Would really really appreciate your help.

Will 1.8.1 help? I did think 1.6.1 was more stable than this one.

If this repeats, i have to sadly return to stock builds.

Apologies for too many noobie questions, i am totally freaked out. Wherein i wanted to enjoy android, i am only feeling harassed with it off late.

Sorry again..no offence to anyone; i really do like streakdroid and just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

m

Guest macex
I have even tried nandroid.

Sorry, full nandroid restore took me back to 1.6.1.

I had made the backup just after finishing installing all stuff.

But still i cant understand why it goes crazy after some time.

Guest Hans A.

I'm not sure I am understanding your question?

A lot of people have gone from stock 2.2 to this release 1.81 with no problems.

You have to update your recovery.img to streakdroid, then flash 1.81.

I've tried usining Z4 root, superoneclick, and continue to google anything on rooting a streak with the official 2.2 and I have found nothing as of yet. All of the links that I have found are for builds 1.6 through 2.1. Info on my phone are

Baseband: 34031-US

OEM: 34031

Build Number: 14844

Would really love to get back to Steve's custom Rom's but it's looking pretty bleek. If anyone here has gone from the US 2.2 update to one of Steve's Rom's I would be more than thankful if you hit me with a message to a link, or just let me know what you did. Thanks in advance yet again.

Guest Hans A.

That was happening to me when I was using perfmod. Make sure you are not using it.

Sorry, full nandroid restore took me back to 1.6.1.

I had made the backup just after finishing installing all stuff.

But still i cant understand why it goes crazy after some time.

Guest Hans A.

So Dell released a 2.2.2? Anything to look forward? Even though the Android interface is not as smooth and snappy as iOS on Iphone 4, I absolutely love this device. I can't put it down. I can't wait for the dual core version of this phone.

Guest alexmoi

Anybody know what is the best type of microsdhc class 10 to use as internal memory?

Also will using an 8gb cause a problem?

Edited by alexmoi

Guest haynesteve
Hi guys... Somebody know when next update will come ?

Steve's on beta 5 of v1.90. Follow him on twitter (#DMonsterProd) to keep up to date

Guest macex
That was happening to me when I was using perfmod. Make sure you are not using it.

I was just using plain stock 1.6.1, no or empty install.txt.

Even after nandroid restore the s*** kept hitting the fan..

I couldnt get wifi up consistently so tried to install some wifi analysers. That failed with package invalid errors.

So cleared market cache and tried again..then all hell broke lose again.

I got so frustrated, so i restored to back to old stock froyo hand-pushed-cart.. :D

only problems is wifi is very inconsistent and quadrant is around 700-800 while in 1.6.1, i got a score around 1900

But stock is quite stable now.

Guest XsCode

Come into the IRC channel if you want to run the beta's... if not wait for the announcements

Does anybody know where to get the new version 1.9 to download

Guest eowyn0821
I was just using plain stock 1.6.1, no or empty install.txt.

Even after nandroid restore the s*** kept hitting the fan..

I couldnt get wifi up consistently so tried to install some wifi analysers. That failed with package invalid errors.

So cleared market cache and tried again..then all hell broke lose again.

I got so frustrated, so i restored to back to old stock froyo hand-pushed-cart.. :D

only problems is wifi is very inconsistent and quadrant is around 700-800 while in 1.6.1, i got a score around 1900

But stock is quite stable now.

What's more important to you ? Quadrant scores or stability? Why not try 345? Not all streak are made the same, remember there are lemons too.

Guest macex
What's more important to you ? Quadrant scores or stability? Why not try 345? Not all streak are made the same, remember there are lemons too.

Well the quadrant shows how slow the stock froyo is. I actually only want the standard apps to work normally and not crash all the time.

Will try 345, but will wait for 1.9 to come out.