StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest icediced

Thanks for another awesome build Steve.

But been having problems with the new music player (no probs, I'm using winamp for now until there's a fix =] ), and my vibration settings seems to be messed up - I on;t have haptic feedback anymore and the notifications vibrate are gone!

Other than that, good job!

Guest The Fixer
couldn't get wifi working last night...

would say it was connected but couldn't load a webpage or use the connection for anything.

Had full signal, 5 feet from my router.

anyone have similar problem?

I have no wifi at work to test any changes :huh:

US160

Bios

volnoppt

Have same exact problem. 3G Works, Wifi doesn't. I can ping IP address, but not DNS names. I tried a static IP address and my internal DNS server, but still no luck.

Guest Luxusxda

Great rom! Everything works (coming from 1.6.1, no FR). Can overclock to 1.5 Gh - however quadrant scores do not reflect this (the highest score (2600 with prefmod, cpu score 7000) was with 1.3Gh). The lockup on menu press on lockscreen issue which was present on 1.7.0 is gone - hurrray!

Guest anthscorner
Nobody a solution for this?

Hi,

If you read some of the earlier pages, people have been performing a factory reset (FR). They then either update to 1.7.0 and then 1.8.0 or straight to 1.8.0.

I haven't had any issues on my update.

If you provide some detail, people may have a better idea. i.e. current build, contents of install.txt etc.

Thanks,

Anthony.

Guest PipoXtreme
Hi,

If you read some of the earlier pages, people have been performing a factory reset (FR). They then either update to 1.7.0 and then 1.8.0 or straight to 1.8.0.

I haven't had any issues on my update.

If you provide some detail, people may have a better idea. i.e. current build, contents of install.txt etc.

Thanks,

Anthony.

I`m actually on 1.7.0 build . When I go to Streakdroid (after I do a factory restet on white screen ) and update to 1.8.0 and reboot it stay on dell logo .

my install.txt have

volboost

adwlauncher

density140

tabmail

Perfmod

@ moment it works just fine with 1.7.0 and I don`t like to setup everything new on my streak ( apps )

What I have to do additional without to lose my app config ?

Edited by PipoXtreme

Guest 35354464

So, the 3d test quadrant shows that it has a 37FPS lock. If i am not misunderstanding your words, it refers to the overclocking.

How about you include oc as an option in install.txt before you find a way to tackle the problem?

it is because the difference of 45FPS and 37FPS is significant in gaming.

Guest ShinyBallBoy
I`m actually on 1.7.0 build . When I go to Streakdroid (after I do a factory restet on white screen ) and update to 1.8.0 and reboot it stay on dell logo .

my install.txt have

@ moment it works just fine with 1.7.0 and I don`t like to setup everything new on my streak ( apps )

What I have to do additional without to lose my app config ?

I'm not sure this will work for you but it did for me; i was discussing this issue earlier with Steve: in my case, it looks like removing the density140 string from install.txt worked; we thought it was a bit strange but i guess you could try and let us know.

if it works you can then simply edit the density setting in build.prop to 140 later

Need some advise.

Trying to use the tablet email client.

Can set the imap up for the gmail account but it doesnt pull across any emails.

When i try to update to get the mail it FC's

Anything i can do to sort this?

Clearing the data worked for me on 1.7 with an Exchange account. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Email > Clear data. Can't remember if I forced a stop and restarted, but probably worth a go while you're on the screen.

I'm not sure this will work for you but it did for me; i was discussing this issue earlier with Steve: in my case, it looks like removing the density140 string from install.txt worked; we thought it was a bit strange but i guess you could try and let us know.

if it works you can then simply edit the density setting in build.prop to 140 later

I can confirm, taking density140 off the install.txt file lets you install the update.

Guest baastien

No major problem with installation.

Just two questions/issues I have :

- First one is with Autokiller app : even after reinstalling autokiller, whatever settings I select, pushing apply button force values to 0,0,0. Maybe current kernel take over those kind of settings now ?

- Second issue is a message in the notification bar : 'message has not been sent' (I got it in french...). This message was gone with 1.7.0 (already happened with 1.6.x)

Thank you for the help !

Cheers

Edited by baastien

Guest andycqos
I've done all of that but they factory. I was trying to avoid that because I did not want to reinstall my apps.

If you do a factory reset to clear a bad app, cache or problem XYZ out. Is there a safe process to backup apps and restore them without risking recreating the problem condition? nandbackup seems like a total backup and that it would restore you OS and all to the point in time it was taken? I feel like I don't hear good things about Titanium ability to backup and restore apps between rom updates? Is there a safe process?

Anyhow, I've read up on things that seem to be causing issues for people and reinstalled setcpu to clear it out and removed Widget Locker (lock screen) and so far I've went 2 1/2 hours without a reboot. I assume a factory reset is really just clearing things out, if you're able to find the culprit - thats just as good. I'll report back later today if this seems to have gotten it for me. If not, I'll head the factory reset direction.

Bruce

I've had nothing but trouble with titanium myself when trying to backup and restore apps between roms, so no longer use it.

Trouble is, there's no alternative solution, as far as I know.

I use the Dell Backup app and never had any problems with it. Far better than Titanium IMO

Guest pompeyboyz
I can confirm, taking density140 off the install.txt file lets you install the update.

I am going to try this.....is it just the 140 density or is it all? Can I try 120?

Guest PipoXtreme

Thx guys for this info.. yeees this works now .. :) :huh:

Guest pompeyboyz

changed density from 140 to 120 and it worked.....

Somethign for Steve to work on.... :huh:

PS ran quadrant without perfmod and got 1643.......is that good?

Edited by pompeyboyz

Guest bassandroid

Just wanted to say... fantastic job. Huge performance improvement over 1.7 on my streak, and a lot less buggy (even though I've returned to perfmod for 1.8). I look forward to the next steakdroid/honeycomb rom

Guest Brucealeg

@andycqos - dell backup - thank you for the recommendation. I'll try that next time.

Update - I was able to successfully upgrade to 1.8.0 with no issues (that I've noticed) and without losing data. As I reported before, I upgraded and had an issue with Wifi crashing phone. A factory reset fixed it, but it meant restoring all my apps and settings and titanium was a failure. So I got tired of it and use restored the whole phone back to my 1.6.1 save. I was great again, then in a flash decided to upgrade to 1.8.0 again. It went in perfect and and seems to be working great.

I have one issue, but it's not the upgrade - it looks to have been there since 1.6.1. I can only use Swype and in general that's ok as that's my default. However, some times I want to switch for certain tasks. When I change input method my other KB show, but it wont use them. It just goes back to Swype.

In Language and KB settings the layout is missing options. Most KB have an enable and settings entry. The default and swype do not, my extras do. I assume that might be from them being preinstalled. Not sure. I have made sure the extra KB are enabled and when i choose input method they do show.

Anyone know of a way to reset what might be wrong with this? Not earth shattering, but I'd like to resolve this.

Thanks a bunch all for being so helpful,

Bruce

Guest bassandroid

@Brucealeg had similiar issue with KB, I use thumb keyboard rather than swype, but opening thumb keyboard led to crash. Uninstalled, then re-installed, all been fine since :huh:

Guest rockymtnbri

OK, I was concerned about doing the upgrade after the 1.6.1 problems that I had (I reverted back to 1.6.0), but I downloaded 1.8.0, flashed it, left the Streak alone on my nightstand, and it worked! Two things tipped me off that it would be successful:

*DJSteve's "signature" flashing on and off instead of sitting steady

*The Streak screen turning off after 2 minutes (my timing)

So far so good - the only thing I had to do was log into Market. I used it in my car this morning in Car Dock mode with Navigation and AudioGalaxy, and they worked fine. I have tried GPS and regular data and they work, but I will have to wait until I get home to test wi-fi. No FCs like I had with 1.6.1 at all!

On to Honeycomb! BTW, I downloaded the latest SDK and built a 10-inch display for Honeycomb. It's a definite step in the right direction as far as a true tablet OS, and it feels very Windows desktop-like, especially with the soft keys and the activity tray on the bottom.

Edited by rockymtnbri

Guest carlos_batista

Just FYI ...

Minor details:

- in your instructions you make reference for install.cfg and install.txt

- When you apply the update-1.8 were it says "Welcome to StreakDroid ..." it still says version 1.7 ( instead of 1.8)

Guest popetodd

OK, got some crazy weirdness happening here.

Didn't notice it at first but when I went to update my apps I opened the Market app, went to my apps and what to my bewildered eyes should appear (no, not a fat man on a sled with some mangy reindeer) but a dozen or more apps that are installed bouncing back and forth between showing installed and showing the installation progress bar!

AND, to make matters worse I can't install anything as this seems to be hanging the app.

I've already cleared my cache's and deleted everything in /data/dalvik-cache and rebooted: no love.

Any ideas?

Guest alert_bri
OK, got some crazy weirdness happening here.

Didn't notice it at first but when I went to update my apps I opened the Market app, went to my apps and what to my bewildered eyes should appear (no, not a fat man on a sled with some mangy reindeer) but a dozen or more apps that are installed bouncing back and forth between showing installed and showing the installation progress bar!

AND, to make matters worse I can't install anything as this seems to be hanging the app.

I've already cleared my cache's and deleted everything in /data/dalvik-cache and rebooted: no love.

Any ideas?

I guess the next step would be to reflash the OS...

Cheers

Brian