StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest popetodd

:huh:

Yeah, it's like rebooting Windows right?

Everything else works fine.

It's a market issue and something in the market caches that aren't clearing up after updating.

I seriously doubt a reflash is going to fix it.

Any one else? Perhaps something that addresses the issue specifically?

[EDIT] Never mind, worked it out.

Went to Menu->Settings->Applications->Market and cleared the cache AND uninstalled updates

Going back to Market and updating then worked fine.

Edited by popetodd

Guest alexmoi
Just FYI ...

Minor details:

- in your instructions you make reference for install.cfg and install.txt

- When you apply the update-1.8 were it says "Welcome to StreakDroid ..." it still says version 1.7 ( instead of 1.8)

Probably a typo because in the phone info in the settings stat it being 1.8.0

Works great thanx Steve

Guest Knob Kylan

I lose all data connectivity every time I turn on/off wifi unless I reboot first. This has been an issue for me since

1.7. I've factory reset, gone back to 1.5.1, cleared caches.... totally confused. This is the first time I've posted on here since I purchased the phone in October because I can usually fumble my way to a solution, but this time I'm stumped...

I lose all data connectivity every time I turn on/off wifi unless I reboot first. This has been an issue for me since

1.7. I've factory reset, gone back to 1.5.1, cleared caches.... totally confused. This is the first time I've posted on here since I purchased the phone in October because I can usually fumble my way to a solution, but this time I'm stumped...

I was experiencing the same issue! Props to fards on this one; try flashing the 309 recovery image, then the 322 official dell build, factory reset then flash 1.8 - worked for me :huh:

Guest alexmoi

Video for camera freezes it says "Activity Camcorder (in application Camera) is not responding. It work great for me in past versions. Then when you try reopening it it gives me "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". It seems to be with the 720p option. All other options work.

I know that i saw somewhere fixes for the 720p problem but it never happened in past versions.... why now?

Guest the.mister.D

Hello Folks!

Mr. Hyde, thank you for the new build. Its working out great.

I do have a small problem though. Here is what my install file looks like:

adwlauncher

volboost

tabletphone

us140

After flashing 1.8 (from 1.6), after every 3-4 hours, Streak would not wake-up. Nothing changes even if I keep power button pressed for over 15-20 seconds.

The only way I can start the Streak is removing the battery and putting back in. I did not had this trouble with version 1.6.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Thank you folks!

Guest User Error
Hello Folks!

adwlauncher

volboost

tabletphone

us140

After flashing 1.8 (from 1.6), after every 3-4 hours, Streak would not wake-up. Nothing changes even if I keep power button pressed for over 15-20 seconds.

The only way I can start the Streak is removing the battery and putting back in. I did not had this trouble with version 1.6.

Thank you folks!

are you over/underclocking?

i had that issue when underclocking, if setcpu profile for screen off was set to less than 245mhz it would not wake.

Guest the.mister.D
are you over/underclocking?

i had that issue when underclocking, if setcpu profile for screen off was set to less than 245mhz it would not wake.

Hi, No i am not over/under clocking. In-fact I am not using setcpu at this moment. However it is installed on the Streak.

Guest jpluedtke
Hello Folks!

adwlauncher

volboost

tabletphone

us140

Thank you folks!

I have a different install.txt, (launcher pro, tabmail), but exactly the same issues. And for the first time since 1.51 when i started using steve's roms.

Guest frankquattrone
Hello Folks!

adwlauncher

volboost

tabletphone

us140

Thank you folks!

There's a couple of posts a few posts before yours that said that 140 density doesn't work. Did you try removing it from your install.txt already?

Chances are this was fixed in a previous post a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been able to find it.

My wall papers are all only showing the very tops. Is this fixable?

Guest the.mister.D
There's a couple of posts a few posts before yours that said that 140 density doesn't work. Did you try removing it from your install.txt already?

I will change density to something different and see if that works. But I think density = 140 was problem for some of the folks because they wanted some games to work or something ( I could be wrong)

I will update this post later and see if changing density fixes this problem.

Thank you

Guest Neugene

Thanks for the update Steve. The Honeycomb Music app would not work on my streak so I deleted it from system/app and replaced it with the one from 1.7

It disappeared from my applications list and the add shortcut menu. I tried to re-install it and got the app not installed message.

Any ideas on how I can get it back?

Guest tv-arnd
I was experiencing the same issue! Props to fards on this one; try flashing the 309 recovery image, then the 322 official dell build, factory reset then flash 1.8 - worked for me :huh:

Also lost data connectivity since 1.7.0. Did the above (quite some work!). Seems ok now.

Baseband history 31500-EU -> 31800-EU -> now 32211-EU

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest baastien
Thanks for the update Steve. The Honeycomb Music app would not work on my streak so I deleted it from system/app and replaced it with the one from 1.7

It disappeared from my applications list and the add shortcut menu. I tried to re-install it and got the app not installed message.

Any ideas on how I can get it back?

You don't need to 'install' 1.7 music.apk. Once music.apk copied in system/app just turn authorizations into rw r r (just like the other .apk authorizations in the same folder) and reboot.

Guest whostorm05

Anyone having problems with the Galaxy email client? It says I have mail but when I click on the inbox nothing is there - no mail is displayed.

Is there anyway I can go back to the default without reinstalling 1.8.0?

Guest baastien
Anyone having problems with the Galaxy email client? It says I have mail but when I click on the inbox nothing is there - no mail is displayed.

Is there anyway I can go back to the default without reinstalling 1.8.0?

Gtab email client never worked for me.

To go back to the default client :

Just pick the Email.apk from /system/app/ in the Update-1.8.0.zip copy it in your SD card.

Put it in /system/app/ of your streak.

Apply authorizations rw-r--r-- (same as all other apk in this folder)

Reboot.

You're done.

Edited by baastien

Finally got time to flash this release!!! Funny how it's only density140 that ends up in getting stuck at the Dell logo!! Removed that one line from install.txt and it's all good now. Looking stable so far. Haven't encountered any problems.

Guest sharptv

can't oc past 1.19ghz(even without perfmod), i was able to hit 1.26ghz in 1.7.0, seems to be a problem with the kernel.... i really wanna run my streak @ 1.5ghz.

Guest Stephen Hyde

some devices wont handle above 1.19 now as those clock speeds actually work (on 1.7 clock speeds above 1.7 actually didnt overclock - bug in my code in kernel which is now fixed, though i am not convinced that clock speeds above 1.267 work at all.) ill see if i cant come up with a 181 release to fix some bug later