StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest sharptv
some devices wont handle above 1.19 now as those clock speeds actually work (on 1.7 clock speeds above 1.7 actually didnt overclock - bug in my code in kernel which is now fixed, though i am not convinced that clock speeds above 1.267 work at all.) ill see if i cant come up with a 181 release to fix some bug later

glad to hear that, i look forward to your next release.

Guest popetodd
can't oc past 1.19ghz(even without perfmod), i was able to hit 1.26ghz in 1.7.0, seems to be a problem with the kernel.... i really wanna run my streak @ 1.5ghz.

It's a crap shoot when it comes to overclocking.

Depends on the processor and how lucky you got in the cpu lottery.

Mine won't run over 1.2, it just locks up.

My wife's won't run with ANY overclock at all without immediately locking up.

If you are curious about overclocking and want to know more you should Google up the term and read some of the threads over at Overclockers.

They are all desktop specific but the principles are the same and the caveats apply.

One more thing, NEVER run an uncooled CPU at the highest speed it will run without locking up, you will severely shorten the life of your device.

As this does not have cooling integrated, that means you can have it occasionally bounce up to that speed but don't set it to run performance at that speed or you will in time burn your cpu.

Take this as advice from a guy who knows, I am running a 3Ghz P4 at 4.75Ghz on air cooling with a GIANT copper heat sink.

It took many attempts and a couple of CPU's to get there.

Edited by popetodd

Guest alert_bri
couldnt put that better myself, also running a 2.4 ghz cpu @ 3.8 here (athlon x2 ) but using stock cpu cooler + 4 case fans

Wow, that must sound like a jumbo jet taking off :huh:

Cheers

Brian

Guest PipoXtreme
couldnt put that better myself, also running a 2.4 ghz cpu @ 3.8 here (athlon x2 ) but using stock cpu cooler + 4 case fans

Myone runs with 3.99 (core I7) but with H70 cooler on it. :huh:

Guest Amdathlonuk

Bit if an odd one this one.

Flashed 1.8.0 from 1.7.0 and I got loads of FC's.

So I wiped and reflashed, seemd to go a dream.

However when I go into the market I have to accept the terms and conditions EVERYTIME?

Is this a one off bug for me and does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I'm not that bothered TBH but wondered if anyone else has suffered.

Guest pompeyboyz
1.8.1 is up folks :huh:

Has it fixed the 140 density issue?

Be a little miffed as literally just done the change via editing build.prop(which works for those that need it) :)

Guest whostorm05

Question about flashing the baseband. Yesterday I went from 1.4.6 to 1.7 then to 1.80 and now 1.81. Should I flash the baseband with the new file? If so, anyone have instructions on how to do it?

Guest pompeyboyz
Question about flashing the baseband. Yesterday I went from 1.4.6 to 1.7 then to 1.80 and now 1.81. Should I flash the baseband with the new file? If so, anyone have instructions on how to do it?

You can flash straight in without having to redo the baseband.

Guest alert_bri
Bit if an odd one this one.

Flashed 1.8.0 from 1.7.0 and I got loads of FC's.

So I wiped and reflashed, seemd to go a dream.

However when I go into the market I have to accept the terms and conditions EVERYTIME?

Is this a one off bug for me and does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I'm not that bothered TBH but wondered if anyone else has suffered.

Yes, I did a complete reset and install of 1.8.0 and had everything looking great apart from the Market issue you've described. I trie tried uninstalling updates and clearing the cache in Application manager and that seemed to improve things, but flashing 1.8.1 over the top seems to have brought back the problem.

Could this be a general problem with the market? or does everyone get the same problem?

Cheers

Brian

Guest frankquattrone
I will change density to something different and see if that works. But I think density = 140 was problem for some of the folks because they wanted some games to work or something ( I could be wrong)

I will update this post later and see if changing density fixes this problem.

Thank you

Did the 140 help? I'm guessing it's not that because I'm now running into the exact same issue and I'm on 160. Wondering if you got it to work or at least pin pointed the issues. I was thinking it was Tabmail because that's the only thing I've installed differently from 1.6.1 and 1.7 but you don't have it. I think we have no overlap on the install.txt. Mine is: noapps; tabmail; perfmod;novolnoppt; 161font. The only other change I've made is to do Facebook sync and wondering if this is the culprit. Do you use that too? I also use gopu's battery meter although that never caused any problems before. Otherwise, maybe 1.8.1 will fix it.

For other folks about the market having to accept T&Cs everytime, I have that issue too. Not a big issue but annoying.

Guest alexmoi

Iv'e tried many different ways but just can't get my Parrot ardrone to the ad-hoc network. It sticks on "obtaining an ip address". Is it a problem with the streak or is that the ad-hoc network doesn't work right yet on android?

Guest frankquattrone

Steve, do you happen to have a list of bugs that you fixed in 1.8.1? Would be helpful so we know if problems we had with 1.8.0 are known and fixed or if there is something else going on. And could you confirm if Fards' libskia files are updated in the latest ROM? Thanks.

Guest Mobile Guy

I just flashed 1.81 over 1.8. Works fine. HD in my camcorder disappeared. Don't feel like doing a factory reset to fix it. I just got a quadrant updateover 1500. If dj steve only changed the system font and said it fixed bugs I would update.

Haven't tried the wifi/3g issue. But I have learned to deal if it is still there. No worries. Very happy

Guest 35354464

i uninstall setcpu when 1.8.0 and can't install it since then(1.8.0 and 1.8.1).

it keeps on saying free space. Any ideas?

p.s. free internal : 1.09GB

free external : 9.01GB