StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde
i uninstall setcpu when 1.8.0 and can't install it since then(1.8.0 and 1.8.1).

it keeps on saying free space. Any ideas?

p.s. free internal : 1.09GB

free external : 9.01GB

thats a weird one,

as for ad hoc i suspect you need to set an ip as adhoc does notnormallyhave a dhcp server to give ips out

Guest BiboTheClown
Iv'e tried many different ways but just can't get my Parrot ardrone to the ad-hoc network. It sticks on "obtaining an ip address". Is it a problem with the streak or is that the ad-hoc network doesn't work right yet on android?

Had the same, even if 1.8.x wpa_supplicant shows correctly the adhoc network, the wifi stucks on DHCP, and even with a static address configured :huh:

I just made some few test yesterday and found that the problem seems to appear even with an other AP configured on 192.168.0.X/24 range... Any other IP range seems to work perfectly(tested with 192.168.1/24 and 192.168.100/24), but the streak seems to be unable to connect on 192.168.0.X network.

I'll look a bit deeper on that point asap, but as the AR Drone software only works with 192.168.0/24 range there is no way to solve this just by changing the iwconfig in the drone itself.

Any other people had issue while connecting by wifi on 192.168.0.XX networks ?

In 1.8.1 font161 didn't work.

Yes I had the same experience so I did the unzip, replace /fonts with those from 1.6.1, rezip (all as per previous posts in the 1.7.0 Thread) and omitted 161font from the install.txt

The Wikipedia browser fc issue remains

see this thread for fix

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ikipedia-pages/

RootExplorer does it for me.

Guest alert_bri
Steve, do you happen to have a list of bugs that you fixed in 1.8.1? Would be helpful so we know if problems we had with 1.8.0 are known and fixed or if there is something else going on. And could you confirm if Fards' libskia files are updated in the latest ROM? Thanks.

The libskiaGL file isn't updated in 1.8.1 - I fixed mine manually in 1.8.0 and found it had been lost in 1.8.1... Easy enough to fix manually, but worth noting for the next build.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Deinehoelle
Flashed fine thanks. GPS is still doing that thing though where you select/deselect it and when you go back into menu its not changed.

Tried the ATP tour tennis app and thats not working still either.

Fards seemed to think it was something to do with the lib skia?:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/331...-post/page/360/

posts 368 onwards....

Hi I think this can be caused of your apn settings check the last two parts when you edit it. I had a problem that internet connection turned off when GPS is enabled

Guest Neugene

I'm still getting random re-boots. I have factory reset, cleared the cache partition and dalvik cache and everything else I can think of but none of it has worked. Everything is fine if the unit is charging or in use but when I leave it unplugged it re-boots randomly.

I have reverted to 1.7 for now but would love to get back to 1.8.1 so if anyone knows of a fix other than the methods listed above I would appreciate your posting it.

I'm still getting random re-boots. I have factory reset, cleared the cache partition and dalvik cache and everything else I can think of but none of it has worked. Everything is fine if the unit is charging or in use but when I leave it unplugged it re-boots randomly.

I have reverted to 1.7 for now but would love to get back to 1.8.1 so if anyone knows of a fix other than the methods listed above I would appreciate your posting it.

flash one of the stock roms then reflash 181 to try it ?

Anyone having problems with the Galaxy email client? It says I have mail but when I click on the inbox nothing is there - no mail is displayed.

Gtab email client never worked for me.

See earlier reply

Clearing the data worked for me on 1.7 with an Exchange account. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Email > Clear data. Can't remember if I forced a stop and restarted, but probably worth a go while you're on the screen.

Guest alexmoi

So for the record. Is the streak useless with the ardrone or is a matter of elbow work to get it up and going?

Alot of sites talk about just adding static ip and it will work. People with galaxy tabs have had success. If i use there static settings:

Ip:192.168.1.2

gateway:192.168.1.1

netmask:255.255.255.0

DSN1:192.168.1.1

but if will connect really fast, but connect to nothing. The drone still flashes it's lights indicating it's still searching for pairing. When i return to "non-static" it just searches for ip address. It's a piss off because that "toy" streaming on the huge screen of the streak would of been so cool

Edited by alexmoi

Guest BiboTheClown
So for the record. Is the streak useless with the ardrone or is a matter of elbow work to get it up and going?

Just cannot imagine that... I mean the Streak with its 5'' screen is certainly the best portable device for AR Drone purpose... Just to find why the streak seems to not like the 192.168.0 network... Guess it could be an issue with routes or something... The logcat does not give more information about the issue, so it would take a bit time to test&try...

Guest alexmoi
Just cannot imagine that... I mean the Streak with its 5'' screen is certainly the best portable device for AR Drone purpose... Just to find why the streak seems to not like the 192.168.0 network... Guess it could be an issue with routes or something... The logcat does not give more information about the issue, so it would take a bit time to test&try...

Would gaining access to the drone with a pc or iphone and associates and editing the ip "stuff" so that the streak static connection connect or am i way off?

Guest nystreak
Yes, I did a complete reset and install of 1.8.0 and had everything looking great apart from the Market issue you've described. I trie tried uninstalling updates and clearing the cache in Application manager and that seemed to improve things, but flashing 1.8.1 over the top seems to have brought back the problem.

Could this be a general problem with the market? or does everyone get the same problem?

Cheers

Brian

My market is doing the samething and FC's when i try installing an app. Also getting tons of reboots. I went back to 1.7 for now but still getting some random reboots.

Guest mrmrmrmr

I was using 1.6.1 and today my screen density somehow got changed.

Launcher Pro couldn't show everything on screen.

As a solution I installed 1.8.1 but screen density isn't as it was yesterday.

How can I fix my screen density ?

Guest RSullivan

Does anyone know where the data backup file exists for migrating off the perfmod? Asking because when I flashed from 1.7.1 -> 1.8.0 it restored my outdated data from my last flash (1.6.1 -> 1.7.1), and I would like to avoid that for my next upgrade.

Guest rahulkadukar
I was using 1.6.1 and today my screen density somehow got changed.

Launcher Pro couldn't show everything on screen.

As a solution I installed 1.8.1 but screen density isn't as it was yesterday.

How can I fix my screen density ?

If you have root explorer, open and navigate to /system/build.prop file and you should see a row with screen density, go and change that row's value

to 160. The name of the row is ro.sf.lcd_density

Guest mrmrmrmr
If you have root explorer, open and navigate to /system/build.prop file and you should see a row with screen density, go and change that row's value

to 160. The name of the row is ro.sf.lcd_density

it is already set to 160

what else can I try ?

Edited by mrmrmrmr

Guest TimoBeil
in fact, I just realized that density is correct.

however, placement of icons and space between icons are wrong.

how to fix that ?

Which launcher are you using?

In the settings of ADW or LauncherPro it is possible to change the space between icons by changing the number of rows or columns. I'm using 7 columns and 4 rows. So the icons are near by.

@density 180=

post-774356-1298929288_thumb.jpg

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest mrmrmrmr
Which launcher are you using?

In the settings of ADW or LauncherPro it is possible to change the space between icons by changing the number of rows or columns. I'm using 7 columns and 4 rows. So the icons are near by.

ok that seems to be the problem.

but Launcherpro does not keep this settings.

after I change the columns number it asks for a restart.

I restart it but the setting goes to previous state

what's the problem ?

:huh:

Guest alexmoi

There is an infrastructure mode option. I'll seem like a noob but in what way does this work and will it work with the streak?

Guest TimoBeil
ok that seems to be the problem.

but Launcherpro does not keep this settings.

after I change the columns number it asks for a restart.

I restart it but the setting goes to previous state

what's the problem ?

:huh:

Sorry, no idea. For me it works perfectly

Try it with another launcher. ADW for example.

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest TimoBeil

maybe I should clear Dalvik cache.

How can I do that ?

I know 2 ways:

using TitaniumBackup (there is a menue "clear dalvik cache") or

using streakmod recovery

Edited by TimoBeil