StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Hans A.

Thxs for your hard work.

The email client (I installed the Galaxy one) is not working. My mailbox is empty and when I say refresh or load more messages I get a FC "The application Email (process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Pleasy try again."

I have a stock 2.2 Froyo Streak directly from Dell.

When I first tried to apply 1.61 I didn't read the instructions carefully and didn't realize I had to install 1.51 first. So I first flashed 1.61 and got a bunch of errors. I then tried a factory reset and that didn't go too well. Looping reboots.

I finally managed to install 1.51 and then 1.61. Email didn't work under 1.61 so I installed this latest one hoping it would fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest mrmrmrmr

is there a known problem running 1.8.1 with perfmod which prevents LauncherPro from running ?

when I start LauncherPro it says "The application Launcher Pro (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly"

what can I do ?

Guest mrmrmrmr

too bad.

1.6.1 didn't save me.

I still get "The application Launcher Pro (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly" message and LauncherPro closes.

How can I TOTALLY remove launcherpro ?

I want to make a clean install of it.

I am using perfmodon 1.6.1 and want to remove everything about LauncherPRo.

Please help me.

Guest alexmoi
too bad.

1.6.1 didn't save me.

I still get "The application Launcher Pro (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly" message and LauncherPro closes.

Please help me.

extract the zip file of 1.8.1 and 1.6.1 each in seperate folders go in 1.6.1 and get the file Launchpro.apk and put it in the same place in 1.8.1 and rezip the series of folder back into the 1.8.1.zip file. My launchpro works great with the earlier version that worked in the past and i'm using perfmod and version 1.8.1

Edited by alexmoi

Guest mrmrmrmr

that doesn't help me.

I even installed 1.8.1 (and 1.6.1) with no LauncherPro selected.

then I install LauncherPro from apk file but it does not run.

Imust have some rubbish setting on my data folder.

How can I delete everything about LauncherPro ?

Guest alexmoi
There is an infrastructure mode option. I'll seem like a noob but in what way does this work and will it work with the streak?

I borrowed an ipod and it connected with no effort. So the prob is in the connecting. Is there anything i can do to the drone from the ipod to fix the connection?

Guest Roperband
I made no changes between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1. Now I get random reboots. Once when it was just sitting there.

Co-sign, I was just going to post the same exact thing. I wish we could slow down on the updates and make a more stable ROM. This is my only phone/mobile device and it's becoming pretty unreliable lately.

Guest Hans A.

okay, i have figured out how to flash roms using streakmod. works pretty well. can someone explain an easy way to erase everything and start from scratch with Dell's official froyo release?

Factory reset didn't do the trick.

I want to get back to ground zero and then upgrade to 1.8.1.

I don't care about any of the installed applications.

Thanks.

Guest strvmarv

I was on 1.70, 1.80, and 1.81, but I experienced issues with all three in regards to using Cell Data (just turning it on - APN's were set correctly) and Wifi. My baseband was GAUSB1A130500-US and it seemed a little odd. I tried the 340 flash from CW/SM, factory reset, flash 1.80 and everything seemed fine until I started messing with the data switch again (I constantly move in and out of wifi all day at work, so I thoroughly test this on each update) and the switching between wifi and cell required me to reboot each time. I considered a full restore to 1.6 ATT stock, but even the 5 min on 340 made me a sad panda, so a jump to 1.6, and the possibility of epic failure convinced me otherwise. Just thought I'd share, this put me on baseband GAUSB1A134031-US and appears to have cleared up the Data that wouldn't enable without a reboot...so far:

1. extracted the decoded ATT 2.2 340 pkg from here...it's the dropbox link BTW! (dropbox link)

2. grabbed the amss.mbn and dsp1.mbn (if you don't want to do step one you can get the already extracted files from here)

3. went into fastboot and flashed both of them

Edited by strvmarv

Guest strvmarv
okay, i have figured out how to flash roms using streakmod. works pretty well. can someone explain an easy way to erase everything and start from scratch with Dell's official froyo release?

Factory reset didn't do the trick.

I want to get back to ground zero and then upgrade to 1.8.1.

I don't care about any of the installed applications.

Thanks.

My two-cents:

1) Grab the ATT 2.2 340 decoded pkg from here...it's the dropbox link BTW! (dropbox link)

2) Save it to your SDCard as a zip

3) Reboot into StreakMod or ClockworkMod recovery

4) Flash the zip

5) Reboot, let it sit, it likely won't boot past Dell logo screen 2, give it at least 5-10 min

6) Pull the battery

7) Boot into recovery, this time just the first Dell Recovery (white screen)

8) Select Factory Reset, should be the very first option

9) Let it fly...it should boot into stock after, if you want to return to StreakDroid just reflash your StreamMod or ClockworkMod recovery using Fastboot and then immediately flash a StreakDroid Rom (the stock ROM has a recovery flash script that reverts to the stock recovery on every boot if modified)

Edited by strvmarv

Guest mrmrmrmr
too bad.

1.6.1 didn't save me.

Please help me.

This is no more a 1.8.1 issue for me.

I can't run LauncherPro no matter what I do.

why the process android.process.acore stops when I start Launcherpro ?

any ideas ?

Guest BiboTheClown
I borrowed an ipod and it connected with no effort. So the prob is in the connecting. Is there anything i can do to the drone from the ipod to fix the connection?

Nop, don't think so... I was able to connect with an iPad, a Moto Milestone and some other devices... All were connecting fine.

Then you should find a way to connect your streak to your iPhone through another ethernet connection (because you need another network than 192.168.1 or the streak won't connect).

So this mean that you must have another wifi card in the iPhone and configure it to act as a router (only a router in my mind will be able to link the Drone network to another one...)

This would be the same with a PC, but probably not impossible...

I've just seen this post : http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html

Perhas that could work, it seems that even with an IP address on 192.168.48.x range, the software can connect to the drone :huh:

Won't have the time till this evening, please post the result if you try.

Edited by BiboTheClown

Guest kentt

Also having a problem with voice commands using bluetooth. It doesn't work, but worse after trying then calls fails and using the regular voice commands will fail. After restarting then calls and voice commands works so long as I don't try using voice commands using bluetooth. This issue wasn't present on stock builds.

Co-sign, I was just going to post the same exact thing. I wish we could slow down on the updates and make a more stable ROM. This is my only phone/mobile device and it's becoming pretty unreliable lately.

+1

Bug fixes are the most important thing to me too.

Guest prawnballs
This is no more a 1.8.1 issue for me.

I can't run LauncherPro no matter what I do.

why the process android.process.acore stops when I start Launcherpro ?

any ideas ?

Have you tried a factory reset yet? It should give you a blank canvas

Guest anthscorner
that doesn't help me.

Hi,

Have you looked on the sdcard?

.android_secure/

android/data/

Both hold information for apps, if you want to do a clean install try deleting all the content in both. Please note you can't clear .android_secure from the phone, you need to mount on the PC.

Ta,

Anthony.

Guest niallmoran

surprised people are complaining about the speed of steve's releases - i have had issues as well with 1.8 and 1.8.1 but it's really cool to get the option of being at the bleeding edge (warts and all!) and i'm always checking steve's twitter feed to find out when the next release is out.

If stability is important you're prob best lagging a wee bit to see if there are any serious issues before flashing :huh:

Guest anthscorner
surprised people are complaining about the speed of steve's releases - i have had issues as well with 1.8 and 1.8.1 but it's really cool to get the option of being at the bleeding edge (warts and all!) and i'm always checking steve's twitter feed to find out when the next release is out.

If stability is important you're prob best lagging a wee bit to see if there are any serious issues before flashing :huh:

+1 totally agree with you

It's good for people to feedback but don't be critical, no one is forcing people to use Steve's build. I've rebuilt my streak countless times, both intentionally and out of necessity. :)

I'm happy testing the new builds and feeding back, it's the only way to develop the Rom. Otherwise we'd be stuck with the development led by Dell !!! (and don't get me started on that!!)

Guest Roperband
+1 totally agree with you

It's good for people to feedback but don't be critical, no one is forcing people to use Steve's build. I've rebuilt my streak countless times, both intentionally and out of necessity. :)

I'm happy testing the new builds and feeding back, it's the only way to develop the Rom. Otherwise we'd be stuck with the development led by Dell !!! (and don't get me started on that!!)

True! I always assume that the newest release is the most stable but I guess that's not really how it works. My impatience is my own dillema! :huh:

Guest majinvega

Just got a new streak (old one died r.i.p.) updated with the new official dell 2.2, but I want to come back to Dj Steve's roms. What should I do? Is it possible to just update straight to 1.8.1 or do I need to follow another route? If it's posted somewhere already, would someone just point me in the right direction please. Thanks in advance.

Guest madd_dog
that doesn't help me.

1. Launch ADB and type

adb uninstall launcherpro. Make sure you type in the exact name for launcherPro as you see in applications.

2. Restart your phone