GopaBattery Meter for steve's 1.8 and 1.81

Guest Gopu

Hi Gopu, I'd like to put in a request for a customization if it's not too much trouble. Thinking a combination of #1 and #3. I love the visibility of the large numbers on version 1 but the colors are mismatched with the other Gingerbread colors. Is it possible to take #1 but add change the colors so the outline of the battery is gray and the green is changed to the shade from #3. Also, the blue color sticks out and I don't think you really need to differentiate the colors when the battery is over half full so it's be great to just make it all the the Gingerbread green from 50-100. Thanks mate! Great work on this stuff anyway.

I am currently out of station. however will look into most of the requests when i come back. Unfortunately i wont be back till next week end.

( i am sure steve is going to cook another version before that )

Guest frankquattrone
I am currently out of station. however will look into most of the requests when i come back. Unfortunately i wont be back till next week end.

( i am sure steve is going to cook another version before that )

Thanks mate. No hurry so whenever you can get to it. Have a good trip.

Guest marvin02
what format, pixel size, etc....

I'll totally do it... it's a simple graphic, that's why it's an icon, not a picture.

Anyone happen to know the Hexadecimal for the Gingerbread green icons?

Extract the zip file, then extract the apk file it contains (it's just a zip with the .apk extension). Look at the icons named stat_sys_battery_xxx.png in the folder drawable-hdpi-v4.

I am sure that as a graphics designer you can get the info you need from the graphics.

Some searching will probably get you more info on the requirements for inclusion in the framework for Android. There are some neat icons here and I am sure there are more to be had here at Modaco.

Guest ClippinWings
Extract the zip file, then extract the apk file it contains (it's just a zip with the .apk extension). Look at the icons named stat_sys_battery_xxx.png in the folder drawable-hdpi-v4.

I am sure that as a graphics designer you can get the info you need from the graphics.

Some searching will probably get you more info on the requirements for inclusion in the framework for Android. There are some neat icons here and I am sure there are more to be had here at Modaco.

yup, thanks... I especially didn't know that part about the .apk file

I'll try and get something thrown together this weekend... can I just repackage the file as a .zip, change the extension back to .apk and be good to go?

Also, I'm assuming the other Icons (signal, vibrate, etc. will be in there somewhere as well?

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest marvin02
yup, thanks... I especially didn't know that part about the .apk file

I'll try and get something thrown together this weekend... can I just repackage the file as a .zip, change the extension back to .apk and be good to go?

Also, I'm assuming the other Icons (signal, vibrate, etc. will be in there somewhere as well?

Now you've gone beyond my knowledge. But I bet if you make some neat icons you'll find someone who will use them. :huh:

I do think that the apk files are stored and not compressed (that's how bootanimations are)

Guest Roperband
unless theirs a bug i dint usually change frameworks between minor versions only major ones ie 1.7 to 1.8

Hey Gopu, just letting you know that I dont need those icons anymore. I'm back on 1.6.1 for now and the UOT themes still work.

Guest Roperband
unless theirs a bug i dint usually change frameworks between minor versions only major ones ie 1.7 to 1.8

Hey Gopu, just letting you know that I dont need those icons anymore. I'm back on 1.6.1 for now and the UOT themes still work.

Guest ClippinWings

Damn making these takes time...

Been tied up with work and crap...

Massive kudos to Gopu for taking the time to do it

Damn making these takes time...

Been tied up with work and crap...

Massive kudos to Gopu for taking the time to do it

Framework file added to people who want to cook their own images...

Framework file corrected. - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHFW1XHN for people who want to cook thier own images

first post also updated

Guest OmegaStalker
Will it be possible that somebody can change the color of wifi , cell and 3g to blue as well ?

I would be so grateful if someone could do this I like blue so blue wifi, cell and vibrate icons would rock so much...

Guest Dragon7

Gopu, many thanks for framework and cooking link! Finally managed to get what I need.

Still, one big question remains: how to make upper taskbar as it was in 1.6 - i.e., white one with black clock?

In fact, I like "the desktop" from 1.61, including buttons, colours, fonts etc. Had to upgrade to 1.8, because the system suddenly started to eat a lot of power in sleep mode (earlier managed to tune it to just 2% per night). The system itself got better (and reverted to about 2% per night).

BUT! ... With 1.8 there is no choice of stlye - only the black one. And - oh the horror - my native russian language was cut off!

Oh well! ... Is there a way to make the bar white, and get back all those buttons and things from 1.6?

Guest feemer
Works for me

I have applied the gingerbread zip 3 times now, and after every reboot, I still see the original battery meter on my 1.8.1 taskbar.

Gopu, many thanks for framework and cooking link! Finally managed to get what I need.

Still, one big question remains: how to make upper taskbar as it was in 1.6 - i.e., white one with black clock?

In fact, I like "the desktop" from 1.61, including buttons, colours, fonts etc. Had to upgrade to 1.8, because the system suddenly started to eat a lot of power in sleep mode (earlier managed to tune it to just 2% per night). The system itself got better (and reverted to about 2% per night).

BUT! ... With 1.8 there is no choice of stlye - only the black one. And - oh the horror - my native russian language was cut off!

Oh well! ... Is there a way to make the bar white, and get back all those buttons and things from 1.6?

In the step for notification bar, try to edit to make the color white.

However do not change the carrier

I think it should work.

I have applied the gingerbread zip 3 times now, and after every reboot, I still see the original battery meter on my 1.8.1 taskbar.

that is surprising... Can u download the file once more and try...

If u already tried it , let me know... i can cook it once more

Guest prasadKnew

I flashed it on StreakDroid 1.8.1 and is working correctly uptill now.

Probably need to create my own to match the green color of other icons or need to change all :(

Also wanted to mention that I can see a charging icon also has changed after I flashed, was that also modified, don't see it mentioned.

afterbattery.jpg

Edited by prasadKnew

Guest Roperband

The updated framework file works great in UOT/1.8.1 Gopu...thanks a ton!

And please make one for each DJ Steve release. Thanks. :(

Guest OmegaStalker

So is that a no on anyone being able to change the green stuff into blue such as cell,wifi and vibrate?

i could try my self if anyone can point me in the right direction ive tried to look online in the forums and stuff on how to do them but it goes mostly over my head so i would really prefer somones help before i accidently set my phone on fire by my shitty skills...

Guest Roperband
So is that a no on anyone being able to change the green stuff into blue such as cell,wifi and vibrate?

i could try my self if anyone can point me in the right direction ive tried to look online in the forums and stuff on how to do them but it goes mostly over my head so i would really prefer somones help before i accidently set my phone on fire by my shitty skills...

Try UOT Kitchen:

http://uot.dakra.lt/

Make your theme on the website; load up Gopu's updated apk file at the end (the last link in the first post of this thread), and then flash the update just like you did 1.8.1. It's very easy and quite addictive.

Edited by Roperband