Distorted Headphones at any volume

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest gingertips
To me it sounds like a sort of tinny sound & every sound seems to vibrate like it is too loud and distorted.

Same here...had my vega for a couple of days - I even get it on watching videos...although for me the more annoying trait is when I get mobile phone data comms interference - usually driven from my blackberry when its sending and receiving data...its really annoying.

I will give this another day before making a decision but am leaning towards returning the vega & waiting until honeycomb devices are out. loathed to get an ipad2 - just dont like all the limitations & restrictions that you have to sign up to.

Guest stoolzo
Same here...had my vega for a couple of days - I even get it on watching videos...although for me the more annoying trait is when I get mobile phone data comms interference - usually driven from my blackberry when its sending and receiving data...its really annoying.

I will give this another day before making a decision but am leaning towards returning the vega & waiting until honeycomb devices are out. loathed to get an ipad2 - just dont like all the limitations & restrictions that you have to sign up to.

I was also concerned about a move to the IPAD, I hate apple and itunes. After returning the vega I decided to give the IPAD a go as I managed to get one for £299, I thought if I couldn't return it i'd be able to sell it for a decent price anyway (another IPAD advantage, they hold their value well).

After using it for a few hours I F*cking hated it but I persevered, jail broke it and started loading it with apps again games. Where itunes can be a pain as it feels like everything is locked down you start to wonder what all the fuss was about. If you install VLC player you can pretty much play everything you can on android, I didn't have any issues copying music over at all and the email client was also totally fine. That coupled with the fantastic screen and sound quality makes this a real bargain I think (ipad ver 1). Sure you cant do much with the way it looks beyond creating folders and changing the wallaper but this become irrelevant after a while as you are so engaged with the great apps and stuff.

I still hate apple and itunes but I love my IPAD, the software and apps really are a lot better than those you find on the android market, I think they will always be that way as well as Android gets more fragments and developers move away.

You should also check out the reviews for Bing for the IPAD, apparently its a gamechanger.

Guest ezynow
I was also concerned about a move to the IPAD, I hate apple and itunes. After returning the vega I decided to give the IPAD a go as I managed to get one for £299, I thought if I couldn't return it i'd be able to sell it for a decent price anyway (another IPAD advantage, they hold their value well).

After using it for a few hours I F*cking hated it but I persevered, jail broke it and started loading it with apps again games. Where itunes can be a pain as it feels like everything is locked down you start to wonder what all the fuss was about. If you install VLC player you can pretty much play everything you can on android, I didn't have any issues copying music over at all and the email client was also totally fine. That coupled with the fantastic screen and sound quality makes this a real bargain I think (ipad ver 1). Sure you cant do much with the way it looks beyond creating folders and changing the wallaper but this become irrelevant after a while as you are so engaged with the great apps and stuff.

I still hate apple and itunes but I love my IPAD, the software and apps really are a lot better than those you find on the android market, I think they will always be that way as well as Android gets more fragments and developers move away.

You should also check out the reviews for Bing for the IPAD, apparently its a gamechanger.

Its a phone os - just used my brothers yesterday. I was bored after a few hours. Web browsing was faster on the vega which probably constitutes 90% usage of these devices.

With improved android devices on the way i am sticking with the vega till something a lot better comes out. May consider a galaxy tab 8.9 which is thinner & lighter than ipad, just for bragging rights :)

Ipad is not that much better but if you like it good for you. (3g + 64gb push it up like 200 pounds more + proprietary connectors etc add to the cost)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mince alors 99

I came to this forum a few days ago initially to find a solution for the distorted noise when using the headphones on my Galaxy S. While reading other forums, I noted that someone suggested to push in the jack a little harder. I did that and I can say that my distortion issue has disappeared and the volume is louder.

Guest Sanddancer75

I never noticed how bad this was until I tried the Killzone 3 soundtrack through headphones. The intro music from the game is sounds like it's being played with bagpipes rather than a violin! The same headphones sound fine with my ZTE Blade. The Vega isn't sounding like so much of a bargain anymore.

Guest MotherSpyder
I never noticed how bad this was until I tried the Killzone 3 soundtrack through headphones. The intro music from the game is sounds like it's being played with bagpipes rather than a violin! The same headphones sound fine with my ZTE Blade. The Vega isn't sounding like so much of a bargain anymore.

I must admit, I've never had a sound-quality issue as you mention when using the headphone jack... but I have had two issues of a sort. On the CM7 04 ROM I had lost about 90% of the volume, from both

the built-in speakers and through the jack.. no setting I fiddled with, and no amount of wiping and re-installing of the ROM helped. I gave that one up as a bad ROM.. could maybe have been a bad download

in the first place. Either way, onto other ROM's and my volume through built-in and jack is perfect, as is the quality. The second issue I found was when plugging into my speaker system.. I could only get left

channel. But some careful and ultimately hard pushing on the jack finally got that one sorted. Not an issue I've had when connecting any other device though. I'd say that if you have your quality issue on several

different ROMS, then it's most likely a hardware issue - in which case take it back for replacement. Plenty of stories here of happy replacements.

Guest Sanddancer75
I'd say that if you have your quality issue on several

different ROMS, then it's most likely a hardware issue - in which case take it back for replacement. Plenty of stories here of happy replacements.

I'm running Corvus5 that I installed over the weekend. I'll be sure to check again the next time I flash it with something else. I rarely listen through headphones, so maybe it's always been there? It's not worth me taking the thing back, especially when I've had it for almost 5 months now.

Guest richyroolahs
Another good test for this distortion is Alicia Keys, Empire State Of Mind. At the very beginning of the track both the piano and the vocal are very obviously distorted. This become much more evident if you have an alternative source to listen to the same track on.

I notice the distortion on all tracks. My ZTE racer phone is running 2.1 and sounds loads better. Sounds like the bit-rate is really low on the Vega, maybe could be sorted with a firmware patch or something, i'm certainly not an Android expert, but i guess it could be fixed.

:mellow: