FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest ogilviea
Second time in one evening :( - same symptoms.

OK... here's a question for anyone experiencing these problems. Are you using Cache Cleaner NG or SetCPU ? My superuser woes seem to occur after using one or other of these apps. I'll do a little more experimentation to see whether this is repeatable.

Guest NorthRiding
It works fine with Clockwork 3.0.0.6. The problem is the version of clockwork provided through ROM Manager which doesn't work right on the blade. Use Sebastian404s version or Tom_Gs instead.

ROM Manager worked fine for me when I upgraded from fl9 to 10.

General comment is that at first I had a couple of lockup of apps (MyBackupPro, BluetoothFileTransfer,Titanium Pro) but each time a reboot solved those and EVERYTHING has been stable for 24 hours now.

Other than that, I can see no difference or improvement to fl10 over fl9. No difference also to wifi - I run Repgon and Blade wi fi fix (I just re-installed all my apps and they were part of them- not a deliberate addition) and it works fine switching on and off when I want it to.

Once again, thanks for all your work.

ps Do you ever sleep?

Guest Gigahurtz

Using r10b with extras all working well but Wifi still has same problem i.e. will not stay connected even when sleep policy is set to "Never". It will reconnect fine when screen on/unlock but when charging and sleep policy is set to "Never" it will remain connected?

I have tried removing all protection from router i.e. WPA etc and it still will not stay connected (unless charging). I tried r8 and still same problem and so tried Nightly CM7 v12 and the Wifi connects fine and stays connected with sleep policy set to "Never" and screen off? Please help as I have been a fan since "Pulse" and want to use and enjoy your ROM.

Once again great work you do and we are all better off with your hard work.

Also I have experienced the "flicker" of last used app symptom too.

Edited by Gigahurtz

Guest AsusFreak
Is there a german language support (German menus and so on) on this ROM?

Go to settings-Language&keyboard-Select language and chose Deutsch as default language.

Guest Simon O
Using r10b with extras all working well but Wifi still has same problem i.e. will not stay connected even when sleep policy is set to "Never". It will reconnect fine when screen on/unlock but when charging and sleep policy is set to "Never" it will remain connected?

I have tried removing all protection from router i.e. WPA etc and it still will not stay connected (unless charging). I tried r8 and still same problem and so tried Nightly CM7 v12 and the Wifi connects fine and stays connected with sleep policy set to "Never" and screen off? Please help as I have been a fan since "Pulse" and want to use and enjoy your ROM.

Once again great work you do and we are all better off with your hard work.

Also I have experienced the "flicker" of last used app symptom too.

Wifi will always disconnect when the screen is off. This is intentional and part of the phones design. Unless I completely rebuild the froyo rom from source this issue isn't going to be resolved, sorry.

Guest devzor

Wifi still has some problems in r10b. Static ip configuration does not work, connection says obtaining ip address and wont connect. Superuser is not perfect either. One time it made my vm heap tool fc at start, after a reboot its working again as it should. It might be the apps fault though.

Edited by devzor

Guest Simon O

If you have issues with superuser then open the superuser app and clear it's data. You will have to allow access to root apps again as they are requested but in most cases it will resolve the issues.

Guest Lew247

I installed r10b yesterday along with Frankish power widget

My facebook auto refresh isnt working

anyone else notice this or know how to fix it?

had a read through the posts here and its not mentioned

Its now 08:20am and the last item the widget shows is at 13:42 yesterday

even though when I manually go into the FB app it's working properly

Guest Roo13
If you have issues with superuser then open the superuser app and clear it's data. You will have to allow access to root apps again as they are requested but in most cases it will resolve the issues.

Hi,

As i have the same issue, i've already cleared datas of superuser and reinstalled autostarts, which is particularly randomly functionnal, and made it again and this time it's like it doesn't even ask root permission...but Titanium Backup does and works.

Should i give a try to the patch for r10 to r10b switchers..?

Thanks again for the rom and for the feedback about this.

Guest Anjan Tek
Wifi will always disconnect when the screen is off. This is intentional and part of the phones design. Unless I completely rebuild the froyo rom from source this issue isn't going to be resolved, sorry.

I have always been under the impression that this issue exists because ZTE have done something stupid with the hardware, as described in the following quote from here

For the ZTE Blade, it is because of the radio firmware. The AR6002 theoretically supports low-power WiFi keepalive, but by an unknown purpose it was disabled by ZTE Engineers, and was replaced with a mechanism what switches off WiFi totally.

Am I right in understanding that this issue does not exist in CM7?

@flibblesan - Are you saying that this issue CAN be fixed through software and it is NOT a hardware firmware problem?

I thought that firmware of the wifi chip is separate from the Android ROM image.

Guest Salsaholic
Go to settings-Language&keyboard-Select language and chose Deutsch as default language.

Not even necessary, it usually detects this automatically (depending on the GSM network, I assume).

And YES, FLB contains German as a language :(

Guest Lew247
My facebook auto refresh isnt working

Weird - 20 mins after posting that it decided to work and refresh again just my luck - ignore the above!

Edit 20 mins laterand its now showing the same post from yesterday at 13:42 and not the newer ones

is the widget itself faulty?

Guest AsusFreak
Not even necessary, it usually detects this automatically (depending on the GSM network, I assume).

And YES, FLB contains German as a language :(

This might be right. I'm currently using the Blade without a SIM card and then it has to be done manually.

Guest stefanokan

I have a quite strange issue.

Yesterday at noon charged battery till green led indication, then switched off the phone.

This morning tried to switch on but the battery was completely discharged. :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edit: this happened 2 days

Edited by stefanokan

Guest Lew247
@flibblesan - will you be including the fix to protect against DroidDream in the next release?

get one of the many anti virus programs and it will protect you way more than one simple fix for one specific virus.

Guest targetbsp

I upgrading from FLB 9a to 10 and then the 10b patch using Rom Managers 3.0.0.6 with no problems.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Simon O
Weird - 20 mins after posting that it decided to work and refresh again just my luck - ignore the above!

Edit 20 mins laterand its now showing the same post from yesterday at 13:42 and not the newer ones

is the widget itself faulty?

Using the widget that comes with facebook or launcherpro? Wouldn't surprise me if the app widget is playing up since it's a pretty badly written app.

Guest Luke2642

I don't mean to troll - I'm quite happy with FLB on my OLED san fan - but in my experience after a few days with it, the battery usage isn't any better or worse than Paul's R12... the the thresholds where the battery icon changes are clearly heavily skewed, which may have a psychological advantage...

Does anyone genuinely find it lasts 3 days with light usage or something?

Guest targetbsp

Yes - easily. But that's not to say this is better because I also do on all the other froyos - even Jellyfish which some people say is bad for battery life. CM7 is the only rom I have battery longevity trouble with.

Also I use the same theme on all my froyos so I'm not influenced by any differing style of battery reporting. :(

Guest Nyberg

GPS problem. I come from a 2.1 rom, I did a total wipe, including repartion of the memmory card, wipe everyting dalvik etc etc. Then I Installed 10B.

Installation whent perfect and all seems to be working. But GPS won't fix at all, outdoor or indoor. This was working very well in the 2.1 version.

I have a San Fransisco with Oled screen.

Guest Gigahurtz

Ok Thanks. Feel a bit stupid now. I will have to get ultimate juicedefender working then. Thanks again.

Edited by Gigahurtz

Guest dibbles
I don't mean to troll - I'm quite happy with FLB on my OLED san fan - but in my experience after a few days with it, the battery usage isn't any better or worse than Paul's R12... the the thresholds where the battery icon changes are clearly heavily skewed, which may have a psychological advantage...

At the moment my battery life is showing at 36% and it has been 3 days 50 mins and 36 secs since unplugged.

This is with quite a few phone calls and texts being used.

This is with a fresh build of R10 and I have the juicedefender running in default mode.