FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest toytown
Sometimes when you turn the phone off and back on the loading process stalls. It's just showing the boot up splash screen and stays there for ever.

I installed the latest today from a stock 2.1 rom, wiped before install and 2 boots out of 5 so far have given me the same bootup screen just sitting there......take out battery to fix :(.

Guest Miracle Boy

Hey All :(

I'm currently still running R8a. (Thank you Flibblesan!! Nice ROM!!)

I'd like to remove (delete) the following apps (apk's) from the System/Apps folder in R10b (and/or R10 Extras.zip) before I make the jump to the R10b ROM.

I would be grateful if anybody could confirm if removing these apps will cause me any problems?

Would I have to re-sign the ROM after removing these apps? If so, how?

I have no intentions of ever using them.

Notespad (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

(Google) Latitude

(Google) Listen

(Google) Talk (I'm pretty sure I can't remove that, from what I've read anyway)

Twitter (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

Facebook (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

Thanks!!

Edited by Miracle Boy

Guest Dashes

How to set min freq. to 122MHz? Tried /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freqecho 122880 in 80overclock, but didnt work.

Edited by Dashes

Guest Lord Kurisu
looks good to me and very helpful. don't forget these roms are free, developed by folks doing it, basically for nowt. that's free for us...so, maybe a little please and thank you might be in order there!

there is no button.adding the gingerbread theme will disable it.

thx flb. this is a great rom and will only be rivaled when the cm7 is stable with better battery efficiency.

two area's i'd appreciate help please:has anyone in the uk fixed the hullomail speaker issue-the sound only plays thu the speaker with this app and not the ear piece. works fine with cm7-rc1 and nightlies tho.is there anything i can do to resolve this,pls?

also,tvcatchup sound synch still out(tho it worked on r6 of this rom!). is this fixable?

thx.

Thank you for the information, i hope it works. I do really appreciate the work that the developers do and I feel that maybe my previous message came across more aggressive than I intended

Here you go.. Linky.

Psi

Thank you for trying to be helpful or funny which ever you were aiming for but a stock image is not really what i asked for at all, that would remove rather more than the notification power widget

Guest requies
That's a fault in the free version of Titanium. The paid for version uses a different (and faster) backup/restore method and it never hangs.

Well you can't say it's the fault of the app, since the app is working with other roms

Guest Roo13

You should keep:

LiveWallpapersPicker

Gtalk has something that, if uninstalled, makes the market failing et LWPicker in case you want a live wallpaper someday..! Others are good to delete.

Guest Roo13

Hi,

I can confirm it. Nevertheless, 32 MiB should work fine. Otherwise reduce the heap size in steps by 8 MiB, also 32 Mib, 24 Mib or 16 Mib. Reboot your device after every reduction TWICE!

Thanks, but reducing that much doesn't have side effects on performance..? I can live with the stripes as i don't use much the camera..

When people talk about white stripes on the camera, what do they mean? I have noticed that the camera suffers from interference, but I don't know if that's the same thing other people mean. In certain rooms with certain lighting, I see moving horizontal interference lines, and they are quite clear in the resulting photos and videos. Trouble is, I don't know if they are an error introduced in a ROM, or a hardware imperfection that was there all along. It was definitely a problem in all the 2.2 custom ROMs I have tried, but cannot remember if it was a problem on stock Orange.

Here what is like on the videorecorder (less but a bit wider on camera)

snap20110307065201.th.png

and yes they're black since i changed VM heap size from 32 to 24..!

Edited by Roo13

Guest Roo13
Hi,

Thanks, but reducing that much doesn't have side effects on performance..? I can live with the stripes as i don't use much the camera..

In fact stripes were white before modifying VM Heap Size and reboot, black after 1st reboot and now, after 2nd reboot, gone..! Thanks

Guest Miracle Boy
You should keep:

Gtalk has something that, if uninstalled, makes the market failing et LWPicker in case you want a live wallpaper someday..! Others are good to delete.

O.K. Thanks Roo13,

Are you sure I can simply delete the apps from the System/Apps folder before I instal the ROM? Without any problems? No re-signing required after modding the ROM?

Thanks!!

Guest danmanbad
To get the ball rolling I'd like some feedback about the wifi in r10. Does it work OK for you? If you have problems could you post with your phone type (San Francisco, Blade etc) and state if it's OLED or TFT and 3mp or 5mp camera. If the wifi was flawless in any previous version of FLB or another ROM then please state this also along with the rom version.

hi could some one help please i have the san francisco tft 3mp, wifi seemed ok r10b. is there a memory leak well i think its called a memory leak cuz when i first restart my phone and use task manager to shut things down that i dont realy use the memory usage gose down to between 80 mb and 105mb but when i have had my phone running for a while and i do the same thing use task manager and shut down the same apps leaving the same ones running the mem use gose upto 155mb is this a normal thing. Thanks for the great rom and the time you have put in to it

Edited by danmanbad

Guest Roo13
O.K. Thanks Roo13,

Are you sure I can simply delete the apps from the System/Apps folder before I instal the ROM? Without any problems? No re-signing required after modding the ROM?

Thanks!!

So far, i've never done any re-signing, if you want to be careful make a copy of the zip so you keep one full and into the other one delete apps you don't want.

Guest targetbsp
Well you can't say it's the fault of the app, since the app is working with other roms

All I know is I had hanging in all roms for months and buying it fixed it. :( There's also a whole thread about it in the main forum (rather than this rom sub-forum). It's worth it anyway for the speed up and auto restoring of apps. Manually restoring all those apps is a pain!!

Thank you for trying to be helpful or funny which ever you were aiming for but a stock image is not really what i asked for at all, that would remove rather more than the notification power widget

The only way I know of is to theme it with a theme from before Frankish added the widget to all the FLB themes. I kept the theme I use for future use just in case. :( It's gingerbread green battery circle. If you want it I can upload it somewhere. It's the only theme I have so it's no good if you wanted another or no theme.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Roo13

:( i tried to flash ZTE dialer, with latest versions on first page of this thread, it didn't worked and suppressed my permanent root..What's the best move from now: Universal AndRoot or whatever tutorial i've followed initially (which wasn't Universal Androot, otherwise i wouldn't have asked...) or even an other flash r9b over r9b without wiping..?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Roo13

Guest fcluki07

hi

i have flb r10b and i have big problem with all apps to sending sms, i use handcent, try go sms and stock program, always the same problem, i add person to who i want send sms and program crash and force closed, why?? please help i cant send sms

Guest targetbsp
hi

i have flb r10b and i have big problem with all apps to sending sms, i use handcent, try go sms and stock program, always the same problem, i add person to who i want send sms and program crash and force closed, why?? please help i cant send sms

Did you restore system settings from 2.1 using Titanium? That'll cause this.

Guest Simon O
Hi,

Low heap values can cause this issue so it's best to stay with 32mb increasing to 40mb or 48mb if you need to. The default value on the phone was 24mb but enabling hardware acceleration needed the dalvik-vm heap increasing to 32mb at least.

You could always disable the hwacc to see if this helps you. BladeBuddy should do this: http://droidgram.com/forum/6-Blade-Buddy

Guest Simon O
smart dialer addon is not working. i m getting force close message.

The smart dialer isn't working unless you have wiped the data partition after (factory reset). This is because the ZTE dialer cannot read the contacts database so it needs wiping and installing again.

You may be able to stop the force close by doing these commands through adb which will clear the database:

adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex
adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.contacts/shared_prefs
adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/shared_prefs
adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/database/contacts2.db[/code]

then you can just import your contacts again. I've untested this though.

Guest targetbsp
yes i used titanium to restore, so tell me how repair this?? without installed rom one more time

Your allowed to restore your user apps and data in titanium but not the system settings when going from 2.1 to 2.2 - even the ones marked in green which it says its safe to. So if that's what you did then you'll need to wipe again from clockwork and repeat your restore only with your apps this time. For backing up texts it seems safer to use an sms backup app rather than titanium.

Guest Simon O
Notification power control is absolutely awful, it is the ugliest implementation I have ever seen!!! where is the disable/remove option??

I do apologise for it not being to your tastes. :(

But seriously it will be updated in r11 so it blends into the notification pulldown better. Have a look at CM7 for an example of the sort of thing you can expect it to look like.

And I will produce a small add-on to remove this completely for anybody that doesn't like it.

Guest moxon
I do apologise for it not being to your tastes. :(

But seriously it will be updated in r11 so it blends into the notification pulldown better. Have a look at CM7 for an example of the sort of thing you can expect it to look like.

And I will produce a small add-on to remove this completely for anybody that doesn't like it.

I love the froyo rom but I want to remove the Notification power control because I dont need it I use quick settings instead.

Many Thanks for the rom

Guest mr_mufy

Hi flibblesan,

I'm traying install the HTC_IME mode off Jonas but doesn't work.

Can you had this APP like JJ has done?

Or can you see what's happning?

I really don't like the qwerty keyboard...

Edited by mr_mufy

Guest Miracle Boy
Hey All :(

I'm currently still running R8a. (Thank you Flibblesan!! Nice ROM!!)

I'd like to remove (delete) the following apps (apk's) from the System/Apps folder in R10b (and/or R10 Extras.zip) before I make the jump to the R10b ROM.

I would be grateful if anybody could confirm if removing these apps will cause me any problems?

Would I have to re-sign the ROM after removing these apps? If so, how?

I have no intentions of ever using them.

Notespad (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

(Google) Latitude

(Google) Listen

Twitter (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

Facebook (I think I can be sure removing that will be O.K.)

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply again Roo13,

I have been doing some web seraching on the subject of removing Google Latitude & it seems that if I remove it, the Google maps application will stop functioning correctly as google maps won't work without the Latitude app & vice versa.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks!!