FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Qwertzycoatl
sry but noob Q - currently runnning 9b & gb theme & circle mod, would like to try r10 to assist with wi-fi reconnects etc.

What's the best way to backup my current settings/preferences/apps before applying r10 and restoring them afterwards.

Or do I just apply r10 via Android root installer like I did first time (install zip from sdcard) ?

Also can I apply GBTheme & Cirlce mod afterwards OK ?

Thanks JonMaC

Going over the top of your existing rom won't change anything except the theme which you can just flash afterwards.

Always worth doing a Nandroid though :huh:

Guest jonmac73
Always worth doing a Nandroid though :huh:

Forgive my noob-ness - is this the same as backup to SD through clockwork mod ? I have that and Titanium Backup currently.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Forgive my noob-ness - is this the same as backup to SD through clockwork mod ? I have that and Titanium Backup currently.

Yup choose backup from within Clockwork :huh:

Guest leetron1

Many thanks Flib..just installed r10...lovely ROM my friend...been on JJ forever & noodling around with CM7

Gonna stick with FLB for a while...great that you're still supporting your ROM..thanks again :huh:

Wifi connecting every time so far... not failed to recon yet... signal strength showing better and im not getting the out of service error when data is on..

Very good..

Guest Simon O
Wifi connecting every time so far... not failed to recon yet... signal strength showing better and im not getting the out of service error when data is on..

Very good..

This is good to know. I really wanted to make sure r10 has the loss of 3g issue fixed and the wifi performing better.

Guest bunnygirl222
This is good to know. I really wanted to make sure r10 has the loss of 3g issue fixed and the wifi performing better.

I have intermittently had the issue with 3g turning itself off when wifi activated when phone unlocks from sleep on previous versions (r9 I think)

I will try this rom and let you know if it seems to solve the problem, although it may take a few weeks of testing to definitely give the all clear!

Not sure if this helps, but I only had that issue in certain rooms of the house, perhaps related to signal strength maybe.

Just like to add my voice to say thanks for all the hard work and I've really been enjoying this rom and the battery life is so much better than I had previously on 2.1 :huh:

Edited by bunnygirl222

I'm planning to make repartitioning, and there is one image with 136 MB system partition which I'm planning to use. If I do that, can I use gingerbread theme pack with this flb r10 rom? I mean is there enough space for that? Or do this theme pack even go to system partition?

Edited by Oyorf

Guest Simon O
I'm planning to make repartitioning, and there is one image with 136 MB system partition which I'm planning to use. If I do that, can I use gingerbread theme pack with this flb r10 rom? I mean is there enough space for that? Or do this theme pack even go to system partition?

Yes there will be enough room as the theme pack replaces some files.

Guest Simon O
Disabling Stagefright in build.prop and the green stripe in mp4 playback disappears.

yep, that's normal. Most of the time the green stripe happens with streaming video which is why the http part is disabled.

Guest MestariEetu

After installing r10 over r8 i can no longer download angry birds or many other apps i could download with r8....why?

I posted this to wrong topic first...

Have a strange problem.

Was on CM7 before.

wipe data and cache but when I flash r10 I have stuff like ADW Ex, AdFree, Fancy Widget installed I dont even had them on CM7 only on FLB r9.

I just want to remove them all.

Formated Sd, ext, system

trying to run no frills CPU control get message saying error running exec() . command{/system/bin/su} working directory null enviroment null. also applying gingerbread theme and makes no difference to look when reboot. anything I'm doing wrong installed via clockwork wiped cache and

data and installed R10 rom then extras rebooted shut down and then applied GB them

Guest Qwertzycoatl
trying to run no frills CPU control get message saying error running exec() . command{/system/bin/su} working directory null enviroment null. also applying gingerbread theme and makes no difference to look when reboot. anything I'm doing wrong installed via clockwork wiped cache and

data and installed R10 rom then extras rebooted shut down and then applied GB them

By the looks of it you don't have SU rights.

Check this in terminal

Open it up and type SU...see what the command prompt says.

Guest targetbsp

Anyone use Autostarts? No matter how many times I try - it seems unable to get root in the second v10 rom. I've even tried a wipe. Titanium seems OK so root access is working.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Have a strange problem.

Was on CM7 before.

wipe data and cache but when I flash r10 I have stuff like ADW Ex, AdFree, Fancy Widget installed I dont even had them on CM7 only on FLB r9.

I just want to remove them all.

Formated Sd, ext, system

I did the same, but with a restore of FLB8a from CM&.... now have ROM Manager and a couple of other things I only had in CM7....bizzare.

Will do a full wipe and clean install of R10 tonight I think when I have my wireless to hand :huh:

Great work flibblesan!

No major issues here aside from the fact that my network operator is coming up as "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" whereas previously it had just been O2-UK.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Cheers, Paul

Guest super san francisco

i have a question: i was on jj8 before used it for a good amount of time, was really great. then tried CM7 and reverted to my backup of jj8. which then was a bit messy, had that kind of trouble before, when restoring backups.

when calling the sound messes up after some time, like somebody put a metalizer effect on the voice. then the end call button on screen doesn't react after a while and the call drops although still being in line.

the other person has to hang up, otherwise it'll go on forever....

note, this has just happened to me on restored backups, on any rom though, even back on 2.1...

whatever, my real question is:) i used the backup and restore feature on jj8 to store my data online, which saved me a great deal of downloading stuff and so on, when setting up the phone anew. however when i tried r10 of your rom now and activated it in the according menu, it doesn't restore my settings and installs apps that were there before.

doesn't this work rom-independantly? how do i get my market "what had i downloaded" list back by this, as before?

it downloaded everything by itself before and set up the names and passes and stuff.

Guest bunnygirl222

Sorry to report that within about 5 minutes of using the new v10 rom I had a gsm issue where the signal icon went to X and I could no longer use mobile data or make calls.

This looks very similar to the previous bug, except I was used to only seeing that happen when I woke the phone up from sleep and then the wifi kicked in. This time it happened when I was using the phone normally. I'm not sure if this is conclusive but it does look to me like this same bug is persisting.