FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Where can i get different boot animations and how do i apply them. Thanks

You can download them from the net.

I used to use the Droid-eye boot animation.

You have 2 ways of replacing it.

Either replace the file in the /system/media folder with your new one then flash the ROM

or

Replace it on the phone.

You would need something like root explorer to mount the /system as RW or you could do it through adb :(

Guest stealthyboss
You can download them from the net.

I used to use the Droid-eye boot animation.

You have 2 ways of replacing it.

Either replace the file in the /system/media folder with your new one then flash the ROM

or

Replace it on the phone.

You would need something like root explorer to mount the /system as RW or you could do it through adb :(

Thanks can i use any or does it have to fit?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Thanks can i use any or does it have to fit?

Well it is meant to fit, but I've used a few now, just to mess about with and it really doesn't seem to matter too much!

I would suggest making a nandroid though before you try anything too drastic although I am 99% sure a non compliant bootanimation just results in a blank bootanimation being played before the phone boots normally anyway :(

Guest stealthyboss
Well it is meant to fit, but I've used a few now, just to mess about with and it really doesn't seem to matter too much!

I would suggest making a nandroid though before you try anything too drastic although I am 99% sure a non compliant bootanimation just results in a blank bootanimation being played before the phone boots normally anyway :(

Thank you i got a mario bootanimation :(

Sorry for not searching through the topic but is anyone having troubles with the default messaging app? I keep getting FC's :-(

GO SMS is extremely slow loading my conversation threads and handcent has problems sending Mms so I was trying to keep hancent and send mms through the default app, but I can't...

Rls10b here...

Guest droweed

tried out r10 today, all is good, but i stumbled upon a big letdown, after setting up vpn on it, it crashes the phone its about to connect to vpn server(GET_CONFIG) mode, :/ any help on this?

tried it on jj and works but when i try it on r10 it jush crashes..

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Sorry for not searching through the topic but is anyone having troubles with the default messaging app? I keep getting FC's :-(

GO SMS is extremely slow loading my conversation threads and handcent has problems sending Mms so I was trying to keep hancent and send mms through the default app, but I can't...

Rls10b here...

No FC's here.

Assuming you have all of your APN's set up properly for your network and MMS?

"Maybe" worth clearing the data for the messaging app? (not sure what this will do though)

Is this a clean install or an upgrade from an earlier version?

Guest twatter
I upgraded to r10b+extras yesterday (from r9, which was full clean install) on an OSF-TFT. I fully charged the device (which is 2 weeks old), then played with it for 15 minutes or so.

I put it to sleep last night and 14h later, with 0 usage, the battery was at 10%. Wifi was on when I put it to sleep (which I don't normally do). This seemed surprising.

I have 3g switched off and only use 2g. Barely any extra apps except Google Listen (which won't play anything that it downloads BTW - it does seem pretty crap, so that might be normal behaviour).

No other problems so far. I like it.

I had the battery drain pretty quick (i.e. just in standby)....deleted some apps for space reasons and moved all other apps to use internal memory

Battery drains seems fine now.....

I forced some apps (i.e. which did not have the option to run from uSD card) to the uSD card using an option in titanium backup...maybe this was the issue... I will try to determine and report back

Guest -Que-

Rls10b here...

Did you use titanium backup? I had similar problems when I restored wrong programs (or at least I think that was the reason for FC with messaging app). Had to do rom installation again and after that works perfect.

Edited by -Que-

Guest PeteBest
Did it request SU rights when you run it or doesn't it get that far?

Might be worth trying to wipe the stored values for SU then retry SetCPU

It works sometimes, that's the odd thing. So all SU rights have been added when I first ran it. I installed 10b, but on the off chance that the SU patch wasn't in the main zip I ran the patch in again and reset the SU permissions. Will see how it goes from here on, thanks!

Guest Rooster#1

Rls10b here...

I use GOsms, and its quick as a quick thing.... I guess something else is using the CPU, try a task killer...

Guest Roo13
It works sometimes, that's the odd thing. So all SU rights have been added when I first ran it. I installed 10b, but on the off chance that the SU patch wasn't in the main zip I ran the patch in again and reset the SU permissions. Will see how it goes from here on, thanks!

Is it the r10>r10b patch you're talking about..? Or an other one..?

Thanks in advance

Guest PeteBest
Is it the r10>r10b patch you're talking about..? Or an other one..?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, that's the one. The main install says 10b, but just to be on the safe side since I've got problems with SU by the look of things I installed the 10b patch as well

Guest muller37

been using r10 for a few days and seemed fine, but last night when going to bed i had 56% battery, but run flat during night (within 8 hours) with everything turned off resulting in my alarm not going off and being late for work!!! anyone else have similar issues?

also when using google nav i've noticed that, if wifi is on and you enable gps, it loses the wifi connection.

Guest IPB_Refugee

Hello,

I've tried r10b now, too! My very first custom ROM. :(

In my opinion flibblesan did a really great job. But unfortunately I had two major issues that forced me to go back to my 2.1 Nandroid backup:

1. Sometimes the connection to the phone company completely drops (3G and 2G). So you cannot make calls anymore.

2. I restored a lot of apps via Titanium, set up Go Launcher ex with 5 home screens and several widgets. I also rebooted the phone several times without a problem. But then I powered it down (via long pressing the On/Off-button). And when I restarted the phone, all restored apps were gone, including Go Launcher and my custom homescreens. I think even the market app was gone. This problem happened twice (!) to me...

Does anyone have a clue what could have gone wrong? :(

(I came from the stock 2.1 OSF/TFT ROM, used ROM manager to install ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6 and to re-partition the sdcard. And I wiped really everything and rebooted the device 3 or 4 times before the problem after powering off the phone occured.)

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest FurtadoCoelho22

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it's just happening to me, but i installed this rom (r10b version) and when it was suposed to show the first setup to configure and sync all my data with my google account, it was imediatly to homescreen. Once i don't even have the market app on the phone, I'm guessing this is hapening because i haven't installed gapps.

Anyone can post a link to gapps witch it's compatible with FLB-Froyo G2 r10b?

I tried install gapps, but i think that not work because i downloaded it from CyanogenMod.

Sorry my bad english...

Guest dazbaz996
been using r10 for a few days and seemed fine, but last night when going to bed i had 56% battery, but run flat during night (within 8 hours) with everything turned off resulting in my alarm not going off and being late for work!!! anyone else have similar issues?

also when using google nav i've noticed that, if wifi is on and you enable gps, it loses the wifi connection.

Yeah, had a similar issue myself last night, had 100% battery charge going to bed last night and I was down to 52% 7 hours later, I can't remember if I killed all the tasks before I went to sleep. I will check again tonight, I was using the kindle app just before I put the phone down, normally it would only drain about 2 percent.

Best performance I got was when I put it in airplane mode going to sleep, I still had 100% charge in the morning. I have the tft osf running 10b.

Guest devzor
Yeah, had a similar issue myself last night, had 100% battery charge going to bed last night and I was down to 52% 7 hours later, I can't remember if I killed all the tasks before I went to sleep. I will check again tonight, I was using the kindle app just before I put the phone down, normally it would only drain about 2 percent.

Best performance I got was when I put it in airplane mode going to sleep, I still had 100% charge in the morning. I have the tft osf running 10b.

I'm 99% sure the culprit is the wifi. If i boot the phone with wifi disabled, and do not use it at all, then battery life is great. When i use wifi, sometimes after i disable it the battery drain starts. In 1 hour roughly 5-10% lost.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hello,

I've tried r10b now, too! My very first custom ROM. :)

In my opinion flibblesan did a really great job. But unfortunately I had two major issues that forced me to go back to my 2.1 Nandroid backup:

1. Sometimes the connection to the phone company completely drops (3G and 2G). So you cannot make calls anymore.

2. I restored a lot of apps via Titanium, set up Go Launcher ex with 5 home screens and several widgets. I also rebooted the phone several times without a problem. But then I powered it down (via long pressing the On/Off-button). And when I restarted the phone, all restored apps were gone, including Go Launcher and my custom homescreens. I think even the market app was gone. This problem happened twice (!) to me...

(I came from the stock 2.1 OSF/TFT ROM, used ROM manager to install ClockworkMod 3.0.0.6 and to re-partition the sdcard. And I wiped really everything and rebooted the device 3 or 4 times before the problem after powering off the phone occured.)

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Don't restore 2.1 backups to a 2.2 ROM.

Try with a clean install and see if any of the problems occur....you will need to install all apps clean from the market.

Appbrain is really useful for that if you have stock apps that you use as it creates a list that when you connect you can sync and re-download :(

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it's just happening to me, but i installed this rom (r10b version) and when it was suposed to show the first setup to configure and sync all my data with my google account, it was imediatly to homescreen. Once i don't even have the market app on the phone, I'm guessing this is hapening because i haven't installed gapps.

I tried install gapps, but i think that not work because i downloaded it from CyanogenMod.

Sorry my bad english...

Link for the gapps is included in the extras download in the main thread where you downloaded the ROM from

Guest Rotmann
What do I have to do to force this ROM to restore apps/settings from the Google server? - I've added the startup wizard to the ROM and enabled it in build.prop - the wizard runs, but still no restore from the google servers. This worked for me moving from CM6beta on old Pulse to Jellyfish on OSF, it even restored my apps, wifi settings, even my wallpaper, but doesn't work with FLB G2.

Thanks

Settings-Privacy-tick the two options.

also,tvcatchup sound synch still out(tho it worked on r6 of this rom!). is this fixable?

thx.

Try playing with the Stagefright settings or delete the AAC or MP3 lib files, can't remember now which one, Flibblesan surely knows that

Because I'm getting sick of my Titanium backups failing. Now the phone is rebooting 1-2 times per day. I don't know which is worse, but this rom is so promising that I'm willing to hold on to see if r11 is an improvement. I have every confidence in flibblesan :(

Did you press Problems? in Titanium to install the latest version? Also try removing and reinstalling SuperUser.

When is this WIFI issue going to be sorted?I hate it when my phone goes idle,then boom! wifi disconnects,why cant it be on all the time??

Get Blade Wifi fix from the market or wifi keep alive.

Does anyone else see the H symbol showing the 3.5G signal?.... I dont seem to see it anymore since switching to this Rom..

Check the APN.

I'd like to use app2sd to have more app space available. I understand that that's somehow already enabled in this rom. I just need to create a second primary ext3 partition (512-1024mb?) and everything works? Or how can I enable this feature then?

Sorry if my question is noobish, I've read the FAQ post but it's gonna be the first time I am going to use this.

Thanks!

Use the standard Froyo Apps2SD in Settings-Applications-Manage apps

Where can i get different boot animations and how do i apply them. Thanks

Search the forum, there is a topic on this.

Hello,

I've tried r10b now, too! My very first custom ROM. :)

Kind regards

Wolfgang

I think your ext2 partition went kaputt. Had this a lot of times in 2.1, that's why I don't use ext2 anymore, for Froyo I always used move2sd enabler from the market with the whole card formatted as FAT32.

Hello everyone,

Sorry my bad english...

Try to wipe, download the ROM and flash again, GAPPS are definitely on stock FLB.

Guest Rotmann

Something kept your phone awake, if this happens again, check spare parts for partial wake.

No FC's here.

Assuming you have all of your APN's set up properly for your network and MMS?

"Maybe" worth clearing the data for the messaging app? (not sure what this will do though)

Is this a clean install or an upgrade from an earlier version?

Yes, all APN's are ok... The weird thing is, that I can send MMS through GO SMS, but not through Hancent, and as the default messaging app keeps giving FC's I can't try that one...

Did you use titanium backup? I had similar problems when I restored wrong programs (or at least I think that was the reason for FC with messaging app). Had to do rom installation again and after that works perfect.

Yes, I use Titanium Backup Pro to restores GO SMS settings and My Backup Root to restore all my text and MMS messages after a ROM flash with a data/cache wipe!

I use GOsms, and its quick as a quick thing.... I guess something else is using the CPU, try a task killer...

Quick? All my conversation threads above 500 sms's are slow as hell if I want the read a few messages back... I have one thread with over 4000 sms's, so... Hancent is almost instant in this, I just browse up and have a quick scrolling speed!

Maybe I'll try a data wipe a a fresh config to see if it solves anything...

Edited by _BG_