FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest rak007
is it possible to remove the widget for bluetooth, gps, wifi, etc. when you drop down the notification bar? i don't need it.

Just flash the gingerbread theme and it will be gone.

Guest rak007

Anyone facing issues with the superuser functionality ?

I guess the ROM had superuser installed but some apps like titanium backup and shoot me many a times say that they are not able to acquire root access. For this i again tried rooting my blade with Universal androot (which told me that my device is already rooted) but still the apps do not get the root privileges. Any way to update the superuser OTA ?

@Flibbelsan

Can you tell us when do you plan to release r11 of the ROM ??

Edited by rak007

Guest jhonny2

NO mp3 playback since I flashed r10b!!!!!!!!

How to play mp3 files beacuse when I try to play in poweramp it says mp3 playback failed, winamp or stock cant even see my mp3s.

Guest Mikeandme

I flashed from stock Orange to 10b yesterday and am impressed (3Mb camera). Limited time to try out everything but seems excellent. Battery seems good and WiFi working well but I think I have noticed something odd about the GPS though it may just be the appearance of the icon. A longer test in the open would be needed to tell any more.

As a newcomer to the patch I have tried to track down some queries I have by searches and lengthy reads of threads but the following remain questions I would be grateful for answers to:

I am used to using a SIM card PIN lock to safeguard my phone. I can't seem to get it working on the updated phone and note comments about problems with updated Roms. Can I get it working with 10b and if so how? (Simple explanations for a novice please!) [Edit - now move3d to version 11 but have safely activated the PIN lock.]

One of my main reasons for upgrading to 2.2 was the ability to put apps onto SD card but have so far failed to see how to do that. I thought it would be obvious but it is not to me. I assume I should be able to do it. How? [Edit - just found that I had been testing this on the wrong sort of apps. Now found one that works as I hoped and gives me the option when accessed via the applications menu. Sorry to have wasted you time on this.]

I like the keyboard but it would be great to have a £ sign rather than a $. Is there a simple way to do that?

When upgrading I used Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.8 and all seemed well but now note that 3.0.0.5 or even 0.6 seem to be preferred. Is there much advantage in changing and if so - how is it best done?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest rak007

Wanted to ask if it is safe to install the ROM after removing the gallery APK. I plan to use some other image viewer app. Any suggestions ??

Need a no frills simple to use app.

Guest baka008

When I install application into SD card or move application to SD card, before I reboot the phone, the icon stil in the phone. However after I reboot the phone. The application will gone until I move back the applicationj to Phone, and reboot. The icon will come back. Anyone have samething? Cureently I'm susing 10b version

Guest DVDeus
Wanted to ask if it is safe to install the ROM after removing the gallery APK. I plan to use some other image viewer app. Any suggestions ??

Need a no frills simple to use app.

I would love some gallery too. I dont need picasa&stuff on my phone, just captured images gallery.

btw; how to change menu from sliding vertically to horizontally? Or it depends on single ROM?

Thanks!

Guest baka008

how to connect the phone with pc. when I conect the phone to the PC throug USB. It doesn't show up anything. I have TURN ON the USB DEBUGGING already. However it still nothing happen. Whatelse should I setup

Guest Sighn
^^In that case just deleting the radio's APK file wont solve the problem ?? Or is it mandatory to reinstall the ROM without the radio ??

Btw the radio reason seems bit absurd and not sure if it is the real cause.

It seemed to be the problem in my case.

I now use v0.5 of the radio instead (earlier version and has no RDS) and battery life is fine.

Guest SparkGlow

Hi,

I did a wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset before installing the FLB Froyo r10b using recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-blade.img. Everything seems to be fine except I have a few internet connectivity issues. Using the Edge/GPRS or 3G I am unable to connect to Google Apps such as GMail, Latitude, Google Places, GTalk, Navigation on my Orange San Francisco.

And the battery doesnt last for long even with low or moderate usage.

Any suggestions and tips to resolve my issues?

Cheers!

Tan

Guest jameslewis
i installed the blue gingerbread thin circle mod but it is still there..

Gingerbread theme pack for r10/r10b (file will say r9a but will work fine with r10)

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip mirror (10.8 MB) MD5 7737631D3C278EC8533F3A6D58469A97

You need that one... here ...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-zte-blade/

Guest ogilviea

This may be a total coincidence...

In common with many posters, I've been experiencing poor battery life with r10b. Earlier today, I happened to notice that the versions of Gmail and Gingerbread Keyboard which come with the rom are pretty old, so I updated them both. Battery life seems to be remarkably good now: still >90% after 6 hours of light use (normally I would be down to 50% by now).

Neither app was highlighted as being a particularly heavy battery user (according to Android Assistant) so, as I say, this may be a coincidence.

Irrespective of this... flibblesan, would you consider updating these two apps in r11 ?

Guest SparkGlow

In common with many posters, I've been experiencing poor battery life with r10b. Earlier today, I happened to notice that the versions of Gmail and Gingerbread Keyboard which come with the rom are pretty old, so I updated them both. Battery life seems to be remarkably good now: still >90% after 6 hours of light use (normally I would be down to 50% by now).

Neither app was highlighted as being a particularly heavy battery user (according to Android Assistant) so, as I say, this may be a coincidence.

Irrespective of this... flibblesan, would you consider updating these two apps in r11 ?

How did you update the GMail and the Ginger Keyboard? Can you help me out with some step by step instructions, pls?

Guest ogilviea
How did you update the GMail and the Ginger Keyboard? Can you help me out with some step by step instructions, pls?

Easy-peasy. Just search for them on the Market and update them manually (for some reason the updates don't show up automatically in the Market under "My Apps").

Alternatively - and this is how I found the updates - use AppBrain. Login with your Google account, install the AppBrain app on your phone, and sync your list of apps. The AppBrain app will tell you apps which have been updated, even when the Market doesn't.

Guest Simon O

Yeah, all the google apps will be updated in r11. I hope to get this out next week. Busy this weekend sadly.

Guest Mikeandme

Using 10b and noted that if I use the world icon at bottom of screen just right of centre then I always go to the last web page viewed. I had expected to go to the home page. Is this intentional or have I missed something?

Guest ogilviea
Yeah, all the google apps will be updated in r11. I hope to get this out next week. Busy this weekend sadly.

Fabulous! Thanks for the superb support.

Different subject... Is there a guide to enabling a2sd on this rom? I reckon I can partition my sd card without too much difficulty, but

- is ext3 supported?

- how do I move the apps from /data/app on internal memory to the ext2/ext3 partition on the sd card?

Guest oldfella
Fabulous! Thanks for the superb support.

Different subject... Is there a guide to enabling a2sd on this rom? I reckon I can partition my sd card without too much difficulty, but

- is ext3 supported?

- how do I move the apps from /data/app on internal memory to the ext2/ext3 partition on the sd card?

it is, FWIW I use ext2

you dont need to, once the ext partition is created apps are written to the card on installation

Guest ogilviea
it is, FWIW I use ext2

you dont need to, once the ext partition is created apps are written to the card on installation

You mean on installation of new apps? Yeah, I get that. But what about the ones already installed in /data/app ?

Here's what I was planning to do:

- Back up current content of sd card to PC

- Boot phone in recovery mode

- Partition sd card using ClockworkMod Recovery (including 1GB ext2 partition)

- Restore previous sd card content to fat32 partition

But what happens on the next boot? Do the apps already installed in /data/app get moved automagically to the ext2 partition? Or do I have to make a nandroid backup before I do all of this, then restore it to the new partition layout?

Edited by ogilviea