FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest oldfella

But what happens on the next boot? Do the apps already installed in /data/app get moved automagically to the ext2 partition? Or do I have to make a nandroid backup before I do all of this, then restore it to the new partition layout?

--------

they wont move themselves, is there an option in settings or Titanium to move them ?

Guest Phoenix Silver
This rom is good thanks!!

only issue for me is im getting a green bar on videos ive got saved,tried a few players

you have to change the line vm heap size in build.prop (actually 32) try 48 or 24

(you have to reboot the phone after all changes)

you can try to change the line stagefright in build.prop (put true instead of false)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest craggs
you have to change the line vm heap size in build.prop (actually 32) try 48 or 24

you can try to change the line stagefright in build.prop (put true instead of false)

Thanks,sounds very complicated mate,,ive tried googling a how to but cand really see anything.

I have dl Gscript lite,if that helps and got rootexplorer.

i assume i just need to find them files 'stagefright' and edit them

EDIT:i just got a program called BLADE BUDDY,looks like its in there,,ill give it a go

Edited by craggs

Guest shanewaz

Loaded up and everything looks great. Thanks for all your help and it looks really great already.

I just have 2 questions:

1) I haven't added

NEW r10 to r10b patch. Fixes superuser and virtual operators on lockscreen (giffgaff etc)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r10b-update.zip (607 KB) MD5: 7A9F81D358D3C4484A7F76CD3494A272

What is it for, as my superuser seems to work ok? I tried looking through all 200 + pages from the original thread but struggled to understand what it's for, as I thought all things altered were put on the 'Current version r10b' listed above it. Will it cause an issue if I flash it anyway? If it is needed, is it just a case of going back in to Clockwork and flashing (and no deleting any cache, data etc?)

2) I was glad to see that the VPN settings are here (as ny last Rom deleted it) but I still cannot seem to connect through it, despite ghoing through all the correct steps listed by my VPN supplier, but it just doesn't connect. It's not a Rom issue as my wife's still got the stock 2.1 orange but it does exactly the same on hers, yet our info is correct as it woks on a friends HTC.

Any ideas to either?

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Guest DVDeus

Hello again,

could anyone tell me, how does speed dial work? I have set few numbers, but I cannot call like holding number, enter number and press dial.. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Guest andynx1
Anyone facing issues with the superuser functionality ?

I guess the ROM had superuser installed but some apps like titanium backup and shoot me many a times say that they are not able to acquire root access. For this i again tried rooting my blade with Universal androot (which told me that my device is already rooted) but still the apps do not get the root privileges. Any way to update the superuser OTA ?

Me too, exact same problem.

I installed ROM manager, and superuser worked just fine. Installed titanium backup, and it requests superuser permissions - but just waits. No superuser permissions are granted.

I tried applying the patch to fix superuser, but it made no difference.

I'm using a (new) b10 phone. Any help most welcome.

Superb rom, so far - so thanks!

Cheers!

Andy

Guest SparkGlow

I have flashed my Orange San Francisco with the FLB Froyo r10b custom ROM. Using my GPRS/EDGE/3G, I am unable to use or connect the Google Apps such as Gmail, Youtube, Market, Navigation. However, I am able to browse website, access gmail using the default browser with the 3G connection. Using the WiFi, I am able to connect to the Market, Gmail app but unable to connect to Youtube.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Guest craggs

Ok tried to change the VM to ones suggested and it didnt dort it out.

I then went through each of the 4 stagefright values changing them one by one.

This set up below seems to work now,,no green youtube ine,and videos that i have on my sd card from my old phone has now got no green bar

media.stagefright.enable-player=FALSE

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=FALSE

Delic.vm.heapsize-is keot as 32m

Is there any disadvantage to this setup about,as ive heard stagefright being disabled affects games?

Guest Paden
Hello again,

could anyone tell me, how does speed dial work? I have set few numbers, but I cannot call like holding number, enter number and press dial.. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

As I understand things speed dial won't work at all with the stock dialer but will with the alternate ZTE dialer option.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Simon O

Guys I was going to upload r11 tonight but I'll be doing it tomorrow as I'm seriously tired. But I've managed to resolve the superuser issues and fix smart dialer. I'll be uploading the rom in two versions. One with the ZTE smart dialer, one with the standard Android dialer. All Google apps have been updated and added to the main rom but thanks to some optimizations it will fit in 128MB system partition. No need for separate versions for TPT users.

Guest ogilviea
they wont move themselves, is there an option in settings or Titanium to move them ?

I don't think Titanium or Froyo will know anything about the way a2sd stores apps in an ext2 partition (as opposed to the standard app2sd support in Froyo, which stores apps in the fat32 partition).

I'm going to wait until r11 is available. I'll partition the sd card and then install r11 after a full wipe and see if the rom installation figures out where to install the apps.

Guest ogilviea
Guys I was going to upload r11 tonight but I'll be doing it tomorrow as I'm seriously tired.

I think you've earned the sleep - enjoy it!

Guest catalin2006

Very good news ! Just finished reading the full topic :(

No problem at all. Data connection, wireless, gps, mms, all working :D

Thank you for the perfect job !

Guest scoobydoo99
Guys I was going to upload r11 tonight but I'll be doing it tomorrow as I'm seriously tired. But I've managed to resolve the superuser issues and fix smart dialer. I'll be uploading the rom in two versions. One with the ZTE smart dialer, one with the standard Android dialer. All Google apps have been updated and added to the main rom but thanks to some optimizations it will fit in 128MB system partition. No need for separate versions for TPT users.

Hi Fibblescan, any chance of sorting the alarm ringtones - it won't allow you to change from the default rooster ringtone. Even tried installing the standalone Froyo Alarm and it's the same.

Best rom to date - might even sell my back up CM6 Pulse :D

Cheers.

Guest DVDeus

I had the same problem with alarm and contact ringtones, but now it is working. Just few restarts, I don't know was causing the problem.

Great job flb, really kick ass stuff!

Guest Phoenix Silver
Ok tried to change the VM to ones suggested and it didnt dort it out.

I then went through each of the 4 stagefright values changing them one by one.

This set up below seems to work now,,no green youtube ine,and videos that i have on my sd card from my old phone has now got no green bar

media.stagefright.enable-player=FALSE

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=FALSE

Delic.vm.heapsize-is keot as 32m

Is there any disadvantage to this setup about,as ive heard stagefright being disabled affects games?

no in fact it's correct stagefright ON help some games to run properly

sorry not have been more precise but my blade is dead and I'll get the new one only Tuesday

Guest Chris Banks

Hi,

When using this ROM, under battery use it says my android operating system is using roughly 95~98% of battery use.

I was just wondering wondering if this is right for light/general use as I'm not too sure what it should really be at.

Thanks

Guest Paden
OK, thanks Paul. Which alternative dialer do you prefer?

Coming from a non-smart phone speed dial was initially a big deal but to be honest I don't miss it now & am happy using the stock dialer but it looks as though we'll have the choice of either later today.

Cheers, Paul

Guest rak007

Can i just remove the APKs which i dont require (like GMAIL, Gallery 3D etc) from the main ROM before flashing it on my phone ?? Will it be fine then ??

Guest DVDeus

You can do it after flashing with root explorer.

@paden: you could try TouchPal Dialer. It's quite OK.

Edited by DVDeus

Guest RaptorIndia

Guys, I installed this wonderful rom as I previously said and everything is just great..

did the battery recalibration trick and the battery lasts me good now.. ( even with kids playing games on it for 2 to 3 hours a day ) the battery lasts full day and night. :D

what I wanted to know was that I made a ext3 partition on my sd card and I think it is being used as the space left on my system is still 70 mb with all apps installed and most of them still in the phone memory !!

does this mean that the ext3 partition is being used ? or do I have to format in ext2 format?

thanks..

Guest asm19

Hey,

So far only found one bug which I think is easy to solve in part the message is a bug between the hours and day that is numbered. This bug has to upload it there once these values ​​of the hours and days for the dial pad to make a call. Try to resolve this please.

Congratulations on the job, best rom so far.

Thanks

Guest gameSTICKER
I've been working on some kernel modifications to improve this. IO Scheduler changed to BFQ and the default governor changed to 'smartass' which improves battery life with no loss of performance.

Really looking forward for BFQ and smartass governor :D