FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest jhonny2

The main reason I didnt like this rom is since I've installed r10 I couldn't play my mp3s in stock player and even with winamp.

I've just recently changed to swedish spring since it has less bugs and supports Hungarian language.

Guest Simon O
can you upload SmartDialer addon again plx?

No, it didn't work. If you need SmartDialer then use another ROM. The Swedish Spring would be the best option now since it supports all the ZTE Blade phones.

Times have changed and we have a brand new official ROM to build upon.

Any reference to this "brand new ROM"?

What's new, etc.? And where to get it from?

Thanks in advance.

Guest stealthyboss

Thanks in advance.

He means hes not working on flb or any other rom if we want a new rom we have to use swedish spring

Guest Superfuzz

Thanks in advance.

It's the Swedish official 2.2 ROM from Comviq. The one that Swedish Spring is based on.

Guest Carbonize
He means hes not working on flb or any other rom if we want a new rom we have to use swedish spring

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. He clearly says there is a new official rom to build from. He does not say he is stopping work nor does he say everyone should switch to Swedish Spring.

Guest Superfuzz
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. He clearly says there is a new official rom to build from. He does not say he is stopping work nor does he say everyone should switch to Swedish Spring.

Well actually he does. Check the first page. Yeah it doesn't mean that everyone should switch to SS but I wouldn't expect any more updates on FLB.

Guest Spas Slavchev

Hello!

Sorry for my bad English!

First flibblesan, great job!

For several days i watching the energy consumption of my ZTE Blade (R10) with PowerTutor software. I see that when I select Automatic brightness of Notificaton Bar consumption is high, there is no difference in maximum brightness ~ 750mW ... If I make the setting from Settings -> Display settings-> Brightness-> [x] Automatic brightness - consumption is normal ~ 350mW. Anyone else have this problem?

Regards,

Spas Slavchev

Guest Simon O

Actually, yes I've stopped work on FLB. The new Swedish rom fixes most of the issues that any Chinese roms experienced. I could have completely rebuilt FLB using the new Swedish ROM base but to be honest there isn't much point since all the features I would have added are already added by kallt_kaffe to his Swedish Spring rom.

No need to reinvent the wheel really.

Sorry everyone

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Actually, yes I've stopped work on FLB. The new Swedish rom fixes most of the issues that any Chinese roms experienced. I could have completely rebuilt FLB using the new Swedish ROM base but to be honest there isn't much point since all the features I would have added are already added by kallt_kaffe to his Swedish Spring rom.

Sorry everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the ROMS you have created.

I've been an FLB user since they first started out on 2.2 and stuck with them (except for a quick dabble with CM7)

Kept coming back for more :D

Great work but you are so right.

Have fun with your next endeavour :D

Actually, my question was about the new original ROM. Not the FLB.

Is there any info on what's new in it?

Also, is there any new project based on it?

Guest Qwertzycoatl

It's Swedish Spring, take a look in the thread for it.

Based, from what I can tell on 2.2 official release.

Guest Simon O

It's a true European ROM so has better language support. The Hungarian users are quite happy with it, for example.

Also it doesn't have the annoying bug where the phone loses cell signal when the wifi is enabled.

Probably more fixes too since it's newer code. Also I would guess that this rom will be similar to what other providers will bring when they release 2.2 updates.

Guest Paden

Sorry everyone

Thanks for getting us this far with your ingenuity & patience!

Cheers, Paul

Guest ThermalDroid

Thanks so much for this ROM! It has always been on my blade but alas it is only a backup now due to CM7 coming along very far recently!

Guest moesasji

Sorry everyone

No need to say sorry as you've produced a great ROM for all of us, so you have my thanks for all the hard work you've put in it. :D

ps) I'll have a look at the Swedish ROM in due time although FLB 10b is working pretty well for me already.

Guest Mikeandme

Sorry everyone

Words of wisdom. And no need to say sorry.

You have done a great job and show great wisdom in knowing when to move on.

You can see from all the comments what a great job you did. I am sure we all wish you well on your next project.

Guest cagster

Has anyone had a problem with phone rebooting itself when using google navigator ?

I am on 10b - I have it overclocked to 710MHZ and worked great for 2 weeks but first time I have really used Navigator/GPS for longer than 5 minutes and it rebooted.

Considering turning off overclock when using navigator. Any one else experienced this ? i have tried to search for this but nothing came back - thanks in advance

Also thanks to Fibblesan you have really made the phone a pleasure to use.

Guest DavidRathbone

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but certainly not to android. However, after flashing r10b, I find that it appears to work, but for one thing: the touchscreen is nonresponsive, whether in or out of lockscreen. Is there any fix for this? Ii'm upgrading from the stock ROM.

Thanks

D

Guest cicobuff
Hi, I'm new to the forums, but certainly not to android. However, after flashing r10b, I find that it appears to work, but for one thing: the touchscreen is nonresponsive, whether in or out of lockscreen. Is there any fix for this? Ii'm upgrading from the stock ROM.

Thanks

D

You are not alone, search on this very rom & rom customisation thread for problems with the newest revision phone B10, quite a number of people are having problems (myself included attempting to flash my fathers phone).

Seems certain B10 phones currently do not like custom roms, maybe an incompatibility with the touchscreen driver..as yet there is no fix, and I am not even sure if anyone is working on it.

Hopefully you backed up your stock rom in order to be able to return to it. It may be useful to post in one of the B10 threads your findings about your phone when you do.

Guest cicobuff

Many thanks for your hard work on this rom Flibble, it was my rom of choice since having the phone in January, I hope you continue to support the ZTE Blade community with your technical expertise in whatever area, this community is brilliant all thanks to both the technical wizards and a very grateful user base.