FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest targetbsp

I have a question, is the only difference in the theme going to be adding the widget? I'm not fussed about it cause I use widgetsoid on my homescreen anyway. So i won;t need a theme upgrade? Or are there any bug fixes in it?

Guest Roo13
Guys I seriously considering cobverting to the G2 now from JJ9. but hoping you guys can help with some questions -

1) How do I convert and keep settings/apps? Do I simply backup all with Titanium backup, install G2 with clockwork and then restore apps?

2) In JJ9 my WiFi goes to sleep when phone sleeps which means I can't use SIP phone efficiently. Is this solved in G2 r10?

Also, what are the fundamental differences? I could not find any direct, side by side comparison of the 2 ROMS.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1) For most of them yes: back them up then restore them WITH data, you'll have call logs and S/MMS too to backup with other apps this time (sms backup restore is good).

2) Even on r9b, SIP is working great for me...But it depends maybe of the app, have you tried Csipsimple..? Maybe only in french but works great with the blade as i had echo issues with sipdroid.

Haven't tried jj so i can't tell..

Jur

Guest Paden
Updated zips will be available by midnight latest tonight. Stuck at work and got stuff to do first at home. :-)

Great stuff! :huh:

Cheers, Paul

Guest calculate
does this rom include a2sd (darktremor or other) or just the stock app2sd/2fat

If you type in terminal "su" and "a2sd check", you will see that there isn`t

DT A2SD. I've installed it yet myself, set ".. cachesd" and ".. lowmem-optimum"

and it seems, that there are no probs (SDCard is partitioned FAT32/512 MB ext2/64 MB swap).

ciao. calculate

Guest ahngau
r9b and r10b are using the same kernel and same kernel modules so it's unlikely to be an issue with the rom. Would appreciate some logs.

I think it is not kernel related, probably busybox.

Ok, here is the log after authentication and just before the phone reboots. The same openvpn config works in r8 and r9 (and also CM7 nightly 8). Note that I made a directory /system/xbin/bb, put route and ifconfig (both symlink of busybox) in it, and told openvpn to use those.

03-01 22:34:29.465 D/OpenVPN-Settings-getprop(  620): invoking external process: /system/bin/sh
03-01 22:34:29.535 D/OpenVPN-Settings-getprop( 620): invoking command line: getprop net.dnschange
03-01 22:34:29.555 D/OpenVPN-Settings-getprop-stdout( 620): 1
03-01 22:34:29.555 I/OpenVPN-Settings-getprop-stderr( 620): terminated
03-01 22:34:29.555 I/OpenVPN-Settings-getprop-stdout( 620): terminated
03-01 22:34:29.565 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-mgmt( 620): =============> 0 == 1 resetting dns, leaving dns alone
03-01 22:34:29.575 D/OpenVPNDaemonEnabler( 620): Received OpenVPN network state changed from Auth to Get Config
03-01 22:34:29.575 I/ActivityThread( 620): Receiving broadcast de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.Intents.NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED seq=-1 to de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.DaemonEnabler$1@30ef49f0
03-01 22:34:29.575 I/ActivityThread( 620): Dispatching broadcast de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.Intents.NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED seq=-1 to de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.DaemonEnabler$1@30ef49f0
03-01 22:34:29.575 I/ActivityThread( 620): mRegistered=true mCurOrdered=false
03-01 22:34:29.575 I/ActivityThread( 620): finish dispatching broadcast to de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.DaemonEnabler$1@30ef49f0
03-01 22:34:29.605 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): ++++++++++++enqueueNotificationWithTag begin++++++++++++++++++++++
03-01 22:34:29.605 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): pkg = de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn
03-01 22:34:29.605 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): id = 1000000
03-01 22:34:29.605 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): contentIntent=PendingIntent{3108f4e0: PendingIntentRecord{31174570 de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn startActivity}}
03-01 22:34:29.605 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): deleteIntent=null
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): tickerText=myvpn.ovpn: Connecting
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): contentView=android.widget.RemoteViews@312b4be0
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): defaults=0x0
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): flags=0x22
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): sound=null
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): vibrate=null
03-01 22:34:29.615 E/Notificaton_HWY( 242): ledARGB=0x0 ledOnMS=0 ledOffMS=0
03-01 22:34:29.645 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-mgmt( 620): SUCCESS: bytecount interval changed
03-01 22:34:30.505 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 SENT CONTROL [myvpn.mypets.ws]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
03-01 22:34:30.855 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0,dhcp-option DNS 192.168.10.1,redirect-gateway def1,route 192.168.11.1,topology net30,ping 15,ping-restart 60,ifconfig 192.168.11.14 192.168.11.13'
03-01 22:34:30.865 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified
03-01 22:34:30.865 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ifconfig/up options modified
03-01 22:34:30.865 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 OPTIONS IMPORT: route options modified
03-01 22:34:30.865 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ip-win32 and/or --dhcp-option options modified
03-01 22:34:30.865 D/OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn]-daemon-stdout( 620): Tue Mar 1 22:34:30 2011 ROUTE default_gateway=10.1.1.1
03-01 22:34:30.875 D/Tethering( 242): tun0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring[/codebox]

Guest SqueakyG

Okay. I am going to upgrade from r9b to r10b without wiping data/cache/factoryreset, but I have read about some of the bugs. Please advise me about some things:

Will the Market work? Or is there a problem caused by flibblesan calling it "Market.apk" in r9b and "Vending.apk" in r10b? And what is the solution... wipe data for the Market before using it?

Will root-only apps work? Or is there a problem caused by the superuser tinkering? And what is the solution... wipe data for Superuser before using it?

Also: I would like to place the apps from the extras ZIP into the main ZIP (since I always do some ZIP tinkering anyway to remove apps and ringtones I don't need). I've removed apps from the ZIP before, but never added them. Is it a simple case of dropping the .apk files into /system/app? I read that you have to be aware of apps with lib components. For example, opening QuickOffice.apk in WinRAR shows a /de/schlichtherle/io/archive/zip structure within it... does that make it problematic to simply drop into the main ZIP?

Also, is it a good idea to fill a ROM with a few other apk files for my favourite apps? I haven't made any changes to the sizes of the system/data/cache - it's stock - which means there must be space going to waste in /system/. I'd like to fill it with a few things that will probably never get an update. Wise or unwise?

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest Roo13
Okay. I am going to upgrade from r9b to r10b without wiping data/cache/factoryreset, but I have read about some of the bugs. Please advise me about some things:

Will the Market work? Or is there a problem caused by flibblesan calling it "Market.apk" in r9b and "Vending.apk" in r10b? And what is the solution... wipe data for the Market before using it?

Will root-only apps work? Or is there a problem caused by the superuser tinkering? And what is the solution... wipe data for Superuser before using it?

Also: I would like to place the apps from the extras ZIP into the main ZIP (since I always do some ZIP tinkering anyway to remove apps and ringtones I don't need). I've removed apps from the ZIP before, but never added them. Is it a simple case of dropping the .apk files into /system/app? I read that you have to be aware of apps with lib components. For example, opening QuickOffice.apk in WinRAR shows a /de/schlichtherle/io/archive/zip structure within it... does that make it problematic to simply drop into the main ZIP?

Also, is it a good idea to fill a ROM with a few other apk files for my favourite apps? I haven't made any changes to the sizes of the system/data/cache - it's stock - which means there must be space going to waste in /system/. I'd like to fill it with a few things that will probably never get an update. Wise or unwise?

I've upgraded r8 to r9b then to 10b without wipes: market is still ok, seems it isn't the combination with problems.

Titanium Backup worked straight after the flash but autostart doesn't, as i have updated from r9b to r10b the superuser fix doesn't apply for me right..? i've clean datas of superuser apk, should i do the same for autostarts..?

For the extras apps, the simpliest i found instead is pulling out the extras.zip the apk i wanted and put them on the SD, but i guess you can insert them in the rom's zip under /system/app too..

Edited by Roo13

Guest iKrautDroid
If you type in terminal "su" and "a2sd check", you will see that there isn`t

DT A2SD. I've installed it yet myself, set ".. cachesd" and ".. lowmem-optimum"

and it seems, that there are no probs (SDCard is partitioned FAT32/512 MB ext2/64 MB swap).

ciao. calculate

Could you give me a download link for dt a2sd?

Please :huh:

Guest Roo13

Please :)

:huh: i do have an ext partition and apps are installed on it as much as i know...maybe it's simply not the darktremor script but an other one no...?

Wait for confirmation but i haven't installed any additional script to do so..

Edited by Roo13

To get the ball rolling I'd like some feedback about the wifi in r10. Does it work OK for you? If you have problems could you post with your phone type (San Francisco, Blade etc) and state if it's OLED or TFT and 3mp or 5mp camera. If the wifi was flawless in any previous version of FLB or another ROM then please state this also along with the rom version.

Just installed this ROM, previously had de-oranged ROM and none of these problems were apparent:

1) Wi-fi attempts to connect to home router, automatically disconnects, never maintains a connected for more than a fraction of a second.

2) Market attempts to boot and all I am presented with is a white screen with it 'loading'

I have an Orange San Fran, and an O2 Broadband Box IV. The screen in TFT with 3mp camera

Edited by moob

One question: kernel that comes with this v10, does it have the same power saving features as the one in v8a? I still have a feeling that 8a is superior when talking about battery life. But I just love this small package. Love that it's not bloated. Again, job well done.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
One question: kernel that comes with this v10, does it have the same power saving features as the one in v8a? I still have a feeling that 8a is superior when talking about battery life. But I just love this small package. Love that it's not bloated. Again, job well done.

This ROM has ridiculously good battery life.

Unplugged at 8am.....used for the normal browsing, messing about with settings etc etc, flashed the 10B update still at 93% 9 hours later! :huh:

Now that is something you just can't complain about :)

Guest Frankish

All FLB themes updated to R10, will keep notification power widget

On a side note i managed to squeeze 11 hours out of this rom...about the same as CM7...i don't have any apps misbehaving according to watchdog and spare parts...anyone got a spare battery?

Guest targetbsp

The standby time on it is stunning though. Mine is on 80% and was last plugged in... yesterday. :huh: It's had some light app and internet use but thats about it.

Guest Frankish
The standby time on it is stunning though. Mine is on 80% and was last plugged in... yesterday. :huh: It's had some light app and internet use but thats about it.

Yeah standby time is awesome compared to cm7. I hit 14% at about 2.45 today and when i got home at 4.15 it had gone to 12% with a good 10 minutes web browsing.

This ROM has ridiculously good battery life.

Unplugged at 8am.....used for the normal browsing, messing about with settings etc etc, flashed the 10B update still at 93% 9 hours later! :huh:

Now that is something you just can't complain about :)

True, but with mine, it's like that with 8a rom. This one drains my battery aprox 2-3% per hour. The strange thing is that under battery usage this one only shows android system. On 8a i had android system, cell standby, phone idle. Don't know, perhaps I should do a full wipe.

Guest jhonny2

Fist I want to thank you for your hard work making us these 2.2 roms!

But I had 2 minor problems using r10 not r10b :

1. Music player doesn't find my mp3s and winamp does the same! They only see 2 mp3 files (some ringtones) but I cant add my mp3 folder to my playlist... its very annoying to change the music with the file manager.

2. During using Camera app black stripes are sometimes appear on screen.

btw. wifi is ok for me

Edited by jhonny2

Guest JolyonS
Enjoying having a mess about with the power widget...

Ah, so we might see colour modified power widgets in future themes ?

That would be excellent.

Guest shaz0778

Hey flib, i was wondering if it is possible to create addon zip files (like Jap Jellyfish RLS9) to add groups into the contacts and to replace the stock dialer with the original ZTE Dialer.

thanks

P.S Hats off to you, Awsome rom Flib

Guest calculate

Please :huh:

Google "dt a2sd". Then you will found the thread on xda-developers.

ciao.calculate

Edited by calculate

Guest calculate
I found another bug for me. I have r10 and when i put gps program it seems that i cant find gps signal. I put the rom again with wipe data/cache just to be sure. But i ve the same prob again. Gps doesnt work.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

GPS doesn't work for me, too.

ciao. calculate