fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_v1.1 - custom rom

Guest fear_factory84

Guest The Duke of Hazard
new v1.0-beta1 update released, see first post..

Great Fear, i'll give atry to your new creature :mellow: even if i'm sure it will be amazing. But without notification power widget ;D

Guest gnufabio
Great Fear, i'll give atry to your new creature :mellow: even if i'm sure it will be amazing. But without notification power widget ;D

lol, do you still want notification power widget? Why don't you use widgetsoid?

Guest The Duke of Hazard
lol, do you still want notification power widget? Why don't you use widgetsoid?

Because i don't like it :mellow: i prefer cm and miui toggles in the notification bar. Simple and fast, without ram consumption.

Fear I noticed that you don't use the chocolate kernel...why don't you use it?

In fact there is not Oc in this rom

Guest fear_factory84
When the stable version? A week? =)

when feedback is good and eventual bugs are fixed :o

Fear I noticed that you don't use the chocolate kernel...why don't you use it?

because it has some strange battery drain issues (random, I can't know why), because I don't have full source tree (asked a lot of times to ritchen, never got a reply, koud tree don't work without modifications)...

If you read the TODO, is repackage ritchen's kernel with new ramdisk for darktremor support. If you don't use it, you can still use the kernel for fear_4.008.08_v0.x with no problems (no app2sd of course).

Because i don't like it :mellow: i prefer cm and miui toggles in the notification bar. Simple and fast, without ram consumption.

In fact there is not Oc in this rom

same as above

Google goggles doesn't work...wtf?

logcat?

Perhaps, is google googles useful for something?

Guest gnufabio

Uhm, now goggles works, dunno why.

However i compiled a choco kernel for acer based roms...the only issue is that the light sensor seems to be not working well (bad calibrated).

This evening i'm gonna test it better.

Guest fear_factory84
Uhm, now goggles works, dunno why.

However i compiled a choco kernel for acer based roms...the only issue is that the light sensor seems to be not working well (bad calibrated).

This evening i'm gonna test it better.

Which sources you used? You will have more luck with those "oldsensors" source trees like ritchen's one..

Guest gnufabio
Which sources you used? You will have more luck with those "oldsensors" source trees like ritchen's one..

I already use it

Guest gnufabio

Great news guys! Got a fully working chocoboot with the last thepasto's optimizations for this roms, i'm uploading it right now. Fear, i'm gonna send you a pm as soon as i upload it (with the sources obviously)

Guest devoluti0n

Hi.

Anyway to disable the "H" icon when I'm not using data (like in CM6/7) ?

It sometimes scare me, as if I use date, I'll pay a lot more cause it's not in my phone contract.

I know it's not enabled, but well, I really want to get rid of it.

Guest vikings123
reduce space used in /data and give some apps installed by default to rom user....

Great job. Thanks!

After one day of testing drive, got a feeling of fast battery drain, comparing to T&L ROM.

Just personal feeling, no data or number to compare these two ROMs.

Stable, so far, comparing to MIUI ROM.

Guest fear_factory84
Great job. Thanks!

After one day of testing drive, got a feeling of fast battery drain, comparing to T&L ROM.

Just personal feeling, no data or number to compare these two ROMs.

Stable, so far, comparing to MIUI ROM.

It's very similar to t&l.08.. it's basically the same rom with darktremor, init.d support and different apps installed by default. Sensor lib now is different (it's what acer provided in 2.1), maybe that changes something.

Post your battery usage percentages when you get fast battery drain so I can see more... :mellow:

Guest vikings123
It's very similar to t&l.08.. it's basically the same rom with darktremor, init.d support and different apps installed by default. Sensor lib now is different (it's what acer provided in 2.1), maybe that changes something.

Post your battery usage percentages when you get fast battery drain so I can see more... :mellow:

One thing I forgot to mention. I flashed OC kernel and pushed it to 998mhz. Maybe that's the reason.

Guest Keir.Parsons

Can someone host or link me to 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT.bin.zip somewhere else? hotfile is horrible.

Edited by Keir.Parsons

Guest fear_factory84
Can someone host or link me to 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT.bin.zip somewhere else? hotfile is horrible.

Use the link for version v1.0-beta1, it's hosted on many file services.

Updated also the first post with ritchen's oc kernel. gnufabio's one is coming in the next days..

Guest fear_factory84
differences between the optional kernels?

what about the battery drain?

gnufabio's kernel seems very very good.. from yesterday 13h 40m only 12% of battery (using greenpower, network connection enabed 5 mins every 1 hour)....

Guest mAdkoE
gnufabio's kernel seems very very good.. from yesterday 13h 40m only 12% of battery (using greenpower, network connection enabed 5 mins every 1 hour)....

overclocked ?

Guest mAdkoE
Jack audio doesn't work with gnufabio's kernel =(

Another annoying bug is when you wake up the phone, it last about one second.

Btw, I reverted back to stock kernel, in my experience (also with 0.3) it has got the best battery performance ever tryied.

Guest fear_factory84
overclocked ?

no, 768 mhz

Jack audio doesn't work with gnufabio's kernel =(

I found this problem yesterday evening.. we'll try to fix it..

Another annoying bug is when you wake up the phone, it last about one second.

Btw, I reverted back to stock kernel, in my experience (also with 0.3) it has got the best battery performance ever tryied.

that's because phone was in deeper sleep mode, I don't call it a bug, it's good if the phone goes in deep sleep mode as it will drain less battery.

Stock kernel has definitely less features (no tun/tap, no cifs, no oc)..