fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_v1.1 - custom rom

Guest fear_factory84

Guest youpi666

Tired of the GB rom (and with some needs of a real stable rom), i've just flash this one : (liquid A1, flash over .14, with the last choco kernel)

all HW working.

really fast with no OC :unsure:.

Smoother and faster than any GB.

The battery drain seems to be good (need some time to be sure)

Great work, thanks !

Guest youpi666

unfortunately the battery drain is not good :unsure:

I've tried the same kernel with a .014 rom (LCR), no problem with battery. I think that still the battery leak problem of the .08

Guest fear_factory84
unfortunately the battery drain is not good :unsure:

I've tried the same kernel with a .014 rom (LCR), no problem with battery. I think that still the battery leak problem of the .08

What bin and radio version you have? I'm using 4.002.14 bin under fear_4.008.08 and I never noticed this battery drain since I had changed bin. gnufabio that uses 4.008.08 has problems.

So it may be the problem.

I need testers to confirm this...

Guest youpi666

Same as your (i've done exactly the same install as yours :) ).

But i've some new elements :

- On a first time battery seems to be good with this kernel on the LCR, but in use, it's not. (huge battery drain too).

- so i test with the other choco kernel (gnufabio one's) and it's worst.

- some others french users, with this kernel and LCR have exactly the same battery drain problem.

So all my apologize, the huge battery drain is related to the choco kernel. :unsure:

Hope that you could find with gnufabio what is the kernel problem, because the performances of froyo rom with choco kernel are awesome.

Guest fear_factory84
Same as your (i've done exactly the same install as yours :) ).

But i've some new elements :

- On a first time battery seems to be good with this kernel on the LCR, but in use, it's not. (huge battery drain too).

- so i test with the other choco kernel (gnufabio one's) and it's worst.

- some others french users, with this kernel and LCR have exactly the same battery drain problem.

So all my apologize, the huge battery drain is related to the choco kernel. :unsure:

Hope that you could find with gnufabio what is the kernel problem, because the performances of froyo rom with choco kernel are awesome.

I'm using choco-acer-kernel-110511-1108.zip (8.78 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/T1DS5R3Y00

now 39% remaining, 23h 25m active, phone standby 36%, inactive phone 35%, bluetooth 11%, maps 9%, phone calls 5% display 3%, wifi 3%

never used airplane mode

I use green power app that disables data connection after 5 min from phone lock, and enables it for 5 minutes on each hour.

With gnufabio's chocokernel the sound quality is too low =(

Please explain your problems. Low quality compared to what?

Edited by fear_factory84

Guest ccorasaaa
Please explain your problems. Low quality compared to what?

Compared to ritchen choko-kernel. i'm sure or that, i've listened the same file :unsure:

Guest youpi666
I'm using choco-acer-kernel-110511-1108.zip (8.78 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/T1DS5R3Y00

now 39% remaining, 23h 25m active, phone standby 36%, inactive phone 35%, bluetooth 11%, maps 9%, phone calls 5% display 3%, wifi 3%

never used airplane mode

I use green power app that disables data connection after 5 min from phone lock, and enables it for 5 minutes on each hour.

I don't use green power app, so maybe the data connection is the origin of the drain problem with these kernel.

Guest Diabovx

@fear_factory84

Everything goes fine, expcept for the geolocalisation with Data/Wireless connection. If i don't enable GPS, google maps couldn't find my position. In addition i can't download meteo data in "News and Meteo" Widget. Could you check this?

ps: i've already check the options in Position Settings :unsure:

Guest fear_factory84
I don't use green power app, so maybe the data connection is the origin of the drain problem with these kernel.

gnufabio says that disabling data connection and reenabling it fixes the problem.... this bug is really hard to catch...

@fear_factory84

Everything goes fine, expcept for the geolocalisation with Data/Wireless connection. If i don't enable GPS, google maps couldn't find my position. In addition i can't download meteo data in "News and Meteo" Widget. Could you check this?

ps: i've already check the options in Position Settings :unsure:

There is no agps enabled on gps.conf. I plan to release an update with tweaked gps.conf in the next days. Meanwhile you can try with gps.conf from lcr-f 2.0.

Guest fear_factory84

here is a tweaked gps.conf

adb remount

adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf

reboot the phone.

Tell me if it works so I can include it.

Guest Diabovx

Thank you very much! Everything goes fine now! Without overclock and compcache I've noticed a battery drain of 2%/hour, with data connection active and using Green Power app. It's ok?

Guest gnufabio
Thank you very much! Everything goes fine now! Without overclock and compcache I've noticed a battery drain of 2%/hour, with data connection active and using Green Power app. It's ok?

Do you use choco kernel?

Guest Diabovx

Really I don't know... I have the original fear_factory84... If in this rom there is choco kernel out of the box, then I have choco kernel. By the way, it is possible that my liquid seems very laggy with 126 application, apps2sd and dalvik2sd? Even with OC@921....

Guest fear_factory84
Really I don't know... I have the original fear_factory84... If in this rom there is choco kernel out of the box, then I have choco kernel. By the way, it is possible that my liquid seems very laggy with 126 application, apps2sd and dalvik2sd? Even with OC@921....

By default it's unmodified acer's kernel. If you want choco kernel you should flash the kernel zip.

Ho you can oc to 921mhz with stock kernel? it's not possible.......

dalvik2sd slows down a lot the system and drains more battery because sd is used always.

Guest Diabovx

Ok ok, then I'll remove app dalvik from ext... but another question (excuse me if I bother you :P)... there is a solution to change the partition on internal storage? In my case I've 40 MB of free space in the /system partition and 40 MB in /cache partition.... there is any chance in order to earn 80 MB in /data partition?

Thank you!!

Guest fear_factory84
Ok ok, then I'll remove app dalvik from ext... but another question (excuse me if I bother you :P)... there is a solution to change the partition on internal storage? In my case I've 40 MB of free space in the /system partition and 40 MB in /cache partition.... there is any chance in order to earn 80 MB in /data partition?

Thank you!!

on other phones like zte blade you can modify internal storage. On liquid/liquidE nobody never hacked partition layout.

You can try to move the apps that don't change on /system. Please note that if the app uses native libraries (you can see it opening the .apk with zip), they should be put inside /system/lib. After you could repack the apk without libraries and place it on /system/app. I did it for flash player.

The problem is that apps in /system/app are not visible on market by default (you should find it, fake install, it will discover that app is installed).