fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_v1.1 - custom rom

Guest fear_factory84

Guest zorginho

As gingerbread cyanogenmod 7 and miui eat too much ram on my poor liquid A1, I managed to revamp a bit this custom rom with some updates....

v1.1 is up!

great thing fear

Guest siggey

I have tried the new version. It seems stable and fast. A2sd on ext2 works, swap not. After a lot of time with cyanogen rom is very hard go back to standard froyo rom.. so I switched back to ln1.8.

I think that this rom is probably the best clean froyo rom we can get. Thanks fear.

Guest vikings123

I have tried the new version. It seems stable and fast. A2sd on ext2 works, swap not. After a lot of time with cyanogen rom is very hard go back to standard froyo rom.. so I switched back to ln1.8.

I think that this rom is probably the best clean froyo rom we can get. Thanks fear.

+1

Guest fear_factory84

swap works for me, post me a logcat and the output of "a2sd check" from a root shell.

Acer firmware has two big limitations:

- bluetooth stack is more bugged that cyanogenmod one, drains battery more. It's also a bit incompatible with my in-car navigation device..

- graphics libraries are less fast, some apps don't work (Sygic for example). They are prelinked in a different way than cyanogenmod/miui and I cannot simply replace them.

I don't know how to fix those things. So any help is welcome.

Guest fear_factory84

just installed version 1.1, I would like to know if I need SetCpu to manage cpu speed.

thanks in advance

yes, that's not changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueyes80

I tried fear v1.1 with stock kernel; a2sd doesn't work. It cannot find ext partition (maybe stock kernel doesn't run /etc/init.d scripts). Can you help me? I'd like to use stock kernel with app2sd and MT fix and even OC.

Edited by blueyes80

Guest fear_factory84

I tried fear v1.1 with stock kernel; a2sd doesn't work. It cannot find ext partition (maybe stock kernel doesn't run /etc/init.d scripts). Can you help me? I'd like to use stock kernel with app2sd and MT fix and even OC.

a2sd should work as the ramdisk is modded (so /etc/init.d scripts should work). With stock kernel you can't OC, you haven't mt patch, they are modification of kernel sources.

Have you used the stock kernel zip in first page?

Guest blueyes80

a2sd should work as the ramdisk is modded (so /etc/init.d scripts should work). With stock kernel you can't OC, you haven't mt patch, they are modification of kernel sources.

Have you used the stock kernel zip in first page?

Yes I do. App2sd doesn't work because it don't find ext partition. I mounted it manualy from adb and it work.

I use this command "mount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd"

Edited by blueyes80

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fear_factory84

links are broken, can you renew them?

thanks.

Yes of course.. I only have to find an available file hosting..

update: new links are up! Please tell me if you have problems..

Edited by fear_factory84