Vega Tools v4.1

Guest Solidare

Guest David.m

I downloaded the file but my norton anti virus has deleted it straight away saying it is medium to high risk can someone please let me know if it is infact safe, have you done a scan after installing it.

Guest simonta
I downloaded the file but my norton anti virus has deleted it straight away saying it is medium to high risk can someone please let me know if it is infact safe, have you done a scan after installing it.

I would trust Solidare before I trust Norton!

It's fine...

Guest beegee1962

It is the visionary root application that causes your AV to delete the file. But it is harmless for PC and you need it to root the Vega. It is not a virus, it is just the way the app goes around the security of Android to root the device.

Vega Tools v3.0 is not infected.

Guest JLCsan

Hi there,

Do I need to root my new Vega in order to get the Market running on it? isn't there any other way to get it?

I bought this device yesterday and the market is the only thing I'd like to get installed, but as the Vega is at the moment I'm happy with the speed and responsiveness of the thing, I wouldn't like to do anything to it, apart from getting the market working...

Guest beegee1962
Hi there,

Do I need to root my new Vega in order to get the Market running on it? isn't there any other way to get it?

I bought this device yesterday and the market is the only thing I'd like to get installed, but as the Vega is at the moment I'm happy with the speed and responsiveness of the thing, I wouldn't like to do anything to it, apart from getting the market working...

Try this one: [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market]

No root needed I think. Flash the small taskbar only if you are on 1.09 ROM, otherwise you will get bootloops.

Anyway rooting does not hurt and is easy. With Visionary you can root temporary, install what ever you need, then reboot and root is gone.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest JLCsan
Try this one: [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market]

No root needed I think. Flash the small taskbar only if you are on 1.09 ROM, otherwise you will get bootloops.

Anyway rooting does not hurt and is easy. With Visionary you can root temporary, install what ever you need, then reboot and root is gone.

Just wanted to say thank you very much, Ive installed that add-on and now Ive got the market app, and also youtube, great :D

I also installed launcher pro and got rid of the quick launch bat at the bottom, very happy now, only problem is the wallpaper, it looks very odd no matter which one I use...

Guest simonta

You have to get funky with the wallpaper. It's not as simple as plopping a 1024x600 image on to the background.

Someone posted a tute on how to do it a while back. You should be able to search for it.

Cheers

Guest JamJarST

Just wanted to add my thanks for Vega Tools. I got my Vega yesterday and no matter how much I tried holding back button, holding power etc. I just could not get the Vega into recovery mode. Downloaded Vega Tools, set up the usb drivers properly and was able to install the Clockwordrecovery and was plain sailing from there :D

Guest FrownBreaker

Ok 3 days of messing about with drivers etc... the I used Vega tools and I clockwork recovry installed in 30s!!!

I had CyanogeMod installed in 4 mins thanks to Vega tools!!!

Very happy!!

FYI I had problems with the Vega tools Modaco ROM (would download and then the Vega Tools said rom not found?!) - Was it me?

Guest Solidare
Ok 3 days of messing about with drivers etc... the I used Vega tools and I clockwork recovry installed in 30s!!!

I had CyanogeMod installed in 4 mins thanks to Vega tools!!!

Very happy!!

FYI I had problems with the Vega tools Modaco ROM (would download and then the Vega Tools said rom not found?!) - Was it me?

Hi FrownBreaker

If you OK the pop up message before the download has completed the extract zip command will run too soon. If you click download again Vega Tools will see the zip and extract it. Just the way it works tbh, hopefully i'll be makng a few changes soon and ill try and improve this feature.

Cheers

Guest FrownBreaker
Hi FrownBreaker

If you OK the pop up message before the download has completed the extract zip command will run too soon. If you click download again Vega Tools will see the zip and extract it. Just the way it works tbh, hopefully i'll be makng a few changes soon and ill try and improve this feature.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply. I did wait for the down load and tried again both times Vega tools said file not found.

Just now I

-Loaded VT

-Cleared the ROM DIR

-Hit download latest modaco...

-Watched the green bar download behind the dialog box that pops up saying "File Downloading, do not Ok ....."

-Clicked download complete message box.

Then I noticed above the yellow box there was text and another green bar! I had not downloaded the 1.09 software!!

So I downloaded that as well and checked the file seems to be there.

C:\Program Files\Vega Tools\Resources\Custom Rom\r8a-vega-paul-away-unsigned-normal.zip-signed.zip

Clicking "install custom ROM" it says "custom rom not found. Please Download"

This is v3.0 of the Vega tool, on Win7 32- Ultimate in the default location.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest Solidare
Thanks for the quick reply. I did wait for the down load and tried again both times Vega tools said file not found.

Just now I

-Loaded VT

-Cleared the ROM DIR

-Hit download latest modaco...

-Watched the green bar download behind the dialog box that pops up saying "File Downloading, do not Ok ....."

-Clicked download complete message box.

Then I noticed above the yellow box there was text and another green bar! I had not downloaded the 1.09 software!!

So I downloaded that as well and checked the file seems to be there.

C:\Program Files\Vega Tools\Resources\Custom Rom\r8a-vega-paul-away-unsigned-normal.zip-signed.zip

Clicking "install custom ROM" it says "custom rom not found. Please Download"

This is v3.0 of the Vega tool, on Win7 32- Ultimate in the default location.

Strange, for some reason it's not extracting the zip file once it's downloaded. If you right click and unzip manually, it should be fine.

That particular ROM is quite old now, although it is still a nice update to the stock 1.09 firmware. You might like to try one of the other, more up to date ROMs on the forum. I'm currently using the cyanogenmod which has a few market bugs but overall it's a really nice ROM. the Corvus and Buzz ROMs are also excellent.

Edited by Solidare

Guest FrownBreaker
Strange, for some reason it's not extracting the zip file once it's downloaded. If you right click and unzip manually, it should be fine.

That particular ROM is quite old now, although it is still a nice update to the stock 1.09 firmware. You might like to try one of the other, more up to date ROMs on the forum. I'm currently using the cyanogenmod which has a few market bugs but overall it's a really nice ROM. the Corvus and Buzz ROMs are also excellent.

Thanks for the tip will give it a whirl..

I'm running CM7 at the moment looks great but the hardware acceleration is not there for Video which is what I wanted. I've posted my problems with CM7 on the modaco topic on it but some pointed out Mad Murdock is getting the tablet teweks fixed before vomiting the code to the main trunk.

Are there any Roms you'd recommend for Video (iPlayer and AVI, MKVs)

Thanks again for your help and the great tools!

I just kicked of a flash to stock rom with Vega tools running like a dream, just point and click!!!

Thanks for the unzip tip that worked fine. I have winrar as my default app for .ZIP file not sure if you unzip via command line or open the file and use a gunzip stream..

Anyway I'm on the Modaco ROM stable with hardware acceleration for Video. CM7 looks good and will be great!

Vega tools is fast and easy to use. I even got the animated boot on!

Thanks so much.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest malr12

Hi

Help needed as i have exactly same problem as below.Tried updating to honeycomb framework and just get boot loop.

Thanks

Malc

works nice but i get a boot loop after installing honey comb framework

Guest FrownBreaker
Hi

Help needed as i have exactly same problem as below.Tried updating to honeycomb framework and just get boot loop.

Thanks

Malc

You can try to power down the unit press and hold power for 6 or 8 seconds, then power up.

If this does not work you can try recover mode after a full power down. I found this worked best when I had the USB cable connected to the PC and the volume turned up a bit on the PC and then I could here USB sounds for some of the steps in the Back button press and hold down, power button press and hold 2 seconds then release, then hold the back buton down for another 2 seconds before releasing

6s back button

Seconds

BBBBB

--PP--

Sometime this worked for me straight off other times I have to retry, get cross, have some tea, come back, calm down try again!

Thne Vega tools to flash to 1.09 stock. etc..

YOU DID REMEMBER TO FACTORY RESET, FORMAT DATA, WIPE DALVIK under advanced on CWR?

Guest Solidare
Hi

Thanks

Malc

Try and restore the framework backup while its looping. ADB should still work

Guest montage
The framework tab stuff is a damned sloppy
  • unzip is missing
  • the adk files are put on the desktop
  • infozip unzip extracts to the desktop itself!

All the required files (i.e. unzip) should be provided and the batch files should be done properly and not use the desktop but a separate folder, to stop all the files on the desktop from getting added to the framework adk and stopping the Vega booting the shell, as happened to me! I had to manually adb the correct framework adk there, to fix it; so I'm not impressed!

Then why don't you offer assistance in fixing the problem or is that big head of yours too much of a strain just to keep up right let alone do anything else.

Tools are great by the way... Great work

Guest FrownBreaker
just scanned my pc using microsoft security essentials & found this hmm, i know we need access but....

May be a false positives only last month soem Windows AV package was reporting new PCs as having star logger installed (a keyboard logger) and the ONLY thing that triggered this false positive was the \SL directory in Windows. FYI \SL is the Slovenian language resource files for Windows and even an empty directory triggered reports from some AV tools.

If you are unsure download manually and check the MD5

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/03/30/samsu...on-its-laptops/

For the record I think Vega Tools is excellent!

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest houdini2005
May be a false positives only last month soem Windows AV package was reporting new PCs as having star logger installed (a keyboard logger) and the ONLY thing that triggered this false positive was the \SL directory in Windows. FYI \SL is the Slovenian language resource files for Windows and even an empty directory triggered reports from some AV tools.

If you are unsure download manually and check the MD5

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/03/30/samsu...on-its-laptops/

For the record I think Vega Tools is excellent!

if its a false poz then I'm a happy chappy :) that all said etc I DO think vega tools are good .

:)

Guest FrownBreaker

Oh maybe its that I have WINRAR as the default application for ZIP file not the stock explorer how are you invoking / unzipping?

Guest gary1888

Hi guys, sorry to be so thick. I have a vega, quite enjoying it but tried to upload Paul's rom but could not follow steps and scren shots differ from my pc. Spoke to gut at PC world advised me to download Vega toosl to do it. I have downloaded it to my pc (is that correct) and tried to run a few of the programs, but cannot find device. I know Im asking a lot but can anyone spare the time to tell me what to do. Please treat me as the thickest person you know :) . Thanks again

Guest Minimonkey
Hi guys, sorry to be so thick. I have a vega, quite enjoying it but tried to upload Paul's rom but could not follow steps and scren shots differ from my pc. Spoke to gut at PC world advised me to download Vega toosl to do it. I have downloaded it to my pc (is that correct) and tried to run a few of the programs, but cannot find device. I know Im asking a lot but can anyone spare the time to tell me what to do. Please treat me as the thickest person you know :) . Thanks again

Have you checked this out:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

also there are some YouTube videos you can follow

Edited by Minimonkey

• 2 weeks later...