Building a kernel?

Guest Frankish

Guest jt_mcg

Ok I see where the -cmdline goes, going to remake the boot img with that and see how it goes!

Edit: Success! Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped, posted and written guides!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish
Ok I see where the -cmdline goes, going to remake the boot img with that and see how it goes!

Edit: Success! Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped, posted and written guides!

Build jacobs blade kernel and upload it please jt :(

@hecatae I got as far as initialising a repo client section and got some errors. Will have another go later tonight after the missus goes to bed. I can see me being up all night :(

Guest jt_mcg
Build jacobs blade kernel and upload it please jt :(

@hecatae I got as far as initialising a repo client section and got some errors. Will have another go later tonight after the missus goes to bed. I can see me being up all night :(

Where's Jacob's sources?

I have a boot.img from cyanogen that's from building cm7 and one from Tom's source which looks like the configs been changed.

Also if you need any help or get stuck anywhere PM or post and I'll try my best to point you to places to read or the tools necessary!

Here's the one from Tom's sources

Guest hecatae
Where's Jacob's sources?

I have a boot.img from cyanogen that's from building cm7 and one from Tom's source which looks like the configs been changed.

Also if you need any help or get stuck anywhere PM or post and I'll try my best to point you to places to read or the tools necessary!

https://github.com/HCDRJacob/kernel_zte_blade.git

both are identical at present

Edited by hecatae

Guest jt_mcg

I seriously looked for that today and must be an idiot for not finding it!

Thanks, and I never would've figured out the -cmdline either, it wasn't mentioned in any guide I've read and it seems like there's been millions! Excellent advice.

Edit: won't rebuild since they're the same, but good to know where it's at!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest hecatae
Minus the .git? :(

EDIT:

Oh so that means the one jc built should be up to date with the cpu changes :(

you would use the .git at the end if you wished to git clone it

it's also identical to the brunch blade I built this morning

Guest Frankish

Ahh :(

Learn something new every day.

Guest jt_mcg

Yeah I compared the configs from the brunch blade this morning and the cyanogen_blade_defconfig and they were the same before I built.

Guest JimJam707
OK, what do I do with "boot.img"? :|

I think you either flash it with fastboot or replace the boot.img in one of the nightlies with the new one.

Guest hecatae
I think you either flash it with fastboot or replace the boot.img in one of the nightlies with the new one.

yup, either will do

Guest hecatae
Where's Jacob's sources?

i've uploaded a new boot.img for the honeycomb port, as it's sharing the cm7 kernel, had same bug.

I'm running it with cm7 and battery is lasting a long long time.

Guest t0mm13b
i've uploaded a new boot.img for the honeycomb port, as it's sharing the cm7 kernel, had same bug.

I'm running it with cm7 and battery is lasting a long long time.

Great to hear that the battery issue is resolved!!!!! W00t!!! \o/ Will amend the blog entry to mention the command line and place the credit to you... btw, where did you get the identifier from, specifically this part of the -cmdline 'g_android.product_id=0x1354'?

Guest fonix232
Great to hear that the battery issue is resolved!!!!! W00t!!! \o/ Will amend the blog entry to mention the command line and place the credit to you... btw, where did you get the identifier from, specifically this part of the -cmdline 'g_android.product_id=0x1354'?

I guess, it is a general product ID, or, it's from reading out identifiers using Windows' built in Device Manager :(

Guest t0mm13b
I guess, it is a general product ID, or, it's from reading out identifiers using Windows' built in Device Manager :(

ahhh cheers fonix232, another question for ya....

chicken and egg...

how do you give it a general product id without clashing with other id's, BEFORE windows can identify it? :(

Guest jt_mcg
ahhh cheers fonix232, another question for ya....

chicken and egg...

how do you give it a general product id without clashing with other id's, BEFORE windows can identify it? :(

I think it's zte's identifier, because remember inputting a similar (possibly the same) number in when I was setting up UDEV rules.

Guest hecatae

from the output of split_bootimg.pl, when you use it to split an image it spits the command line out in the terminal

Guest fonix232
from the output of split_bootimg.pl, when you use it to split an image it spits the command line out in the terminal

Yes indeed, but the original stock ROMs' boot.img did not contain this usb ID setting, it was using a separate binary (that caused the problem with the recovery that it needed to restart twice to come in, bcos USB settings weren't loaded in FTM mode).

t0mm13b:

Well, as a generic ID, I meant, generic ZTE ID. It wouldn't clash with anything as Windows won't just read the product ID, but a lot more things. Like, my Motion M1400 has an Intel 855GMA graphics accelerator, with two outputs - one for the main touchscreen, and one VGA output. It is detected as two separate GPUs - with the exactly same Product ID. And it did not clash :(

Guest mELIANTE
Really? It's not that hard.

I'm just going around trying to set it up according to the topic. Still on Seb404 topic... I feel lost lol

Guest jt_mcg
Setting up a Linux system (ubuntu) is hard has horns! I'm just banging my head here! :(

I've looked at so many pages getting set up and learning how to do the different things over the last two weeks!

Fonix's setting up ubuntu/sdk and building cyanangen threads here are good as well as this and this from cyanogen's wiki.

This thread here at xda is nicely illustrated and looks right although it's not exactly what I followed to get set up but it should work as far as the linux setup and then replace the rest with blade specific info like in the cyanogen building wiki or t0mm13b's blog

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest mELIANTE
I've looked at so many pages getting set up and learning how to do the different things over the last two weeks!

Fonix's setting up ubuntu/sdk and building cyanangen threads here are good as well as this and this from cyanogen's wiki.

This thread here at xda is nicely illustrated and looks right although it's not exactly what I followed to get set up but it should work as far as the linux setup and then replace the rest with blade specific info like in the cyanogen building wiki or t0mm13b's blog

Thank you. I'll tke a look at that, I hope I get it running, I've been at it for hours...