[ROM] LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v5.0 [05/11/11]

Guest Dario93

Guest komienski

okay. using the acer download tool I flashed to 08.

Then reinstalled malez. Then flashed this.

bootloop.

Reflashed.

bootloop.

just gonna let it keep looping I guess and see if it wakes up

Guest MODDGG
okay. using the acer download tool I flashed to 08.

Then reinstalled malez. Then flashed this.

bootloop.

Reflashed.

bootloop.

just gonna let it keep looping I guess and see if it wakes up

Keep us informed, it will save us all some undesired 08 flashes...

Guest amritmachoman

Problem with SD Card : After putting files and unmounting the SD Card from the computer => now going in file explorer it doen't show the new files added it shows only the files added before upgarding to 2.3 i think it is not able to Sync the SD card after everytime i unmount the SD card AND no notification LEDs are working except for Battery notification

Can u plz help me with this !

Thank u!

Edited by Lancez

Guest komienski

update: looped for a while. tried to flash cm7 kang instead.

same behavior.

wiped cache in malez. reflashed cm7.

same behavior so far. gonna leave it for ten minutes to see

btw, I tried to do a nandroid restore, it says to run something from console.

Guest error88

Hello! Thanks for the rom, its really smooth and beautiful!!

But, I have a trouble with WI-FI inside LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v3.20 with MattedBlues theme RC2. Wifi is not working and not searching. any one have same problem?

And problem with copy/paste on sd card (mount to computer)

Edited by error88

Guest TroutT20
Problem with SD Card : After putting files and unmounting the SD Card from the computer => now going in file explorer it doen't show the new files added it shows only the files added before upgarding to 2.3 i think it is not able to Sync the SD card after everytime i unmount the SD card AND no notification LEDs are working except for Battery notification

First: Just use normal text. The way you write it sort of makes you look like an ass.

Second: This is a problem I also face, and others have as well. My solution has been to use USB through Malez as it works fine.

Edited by TroutT20

Guest amritmachoman

since i am a bigginer plz tell me how to use USB through Malez

and badword OFF "TroutT20" and badword " Red and blue..."!

If u people have problem then dont reply since i am a bigginer i will ask!

Edited by amritmachoman

Guest TroutT20
tell me how to use USB through Malez

Reboot into Malez and choose the option "USB-MS Toggle". It will turn it on. It will then appear as an extra drive as normal.

Guest Delnar_Ersike

People can very impatient with newbies asking seemingly obvious questions, especially if it's already explained in an FAQ somewhere (in this case, here). Short version: using the Volume Keys, navigate to "USB Mass Storage Toggle" and press Home, then Home again to enable.

Oh, and for the record, varying text size and color obnoxiously can be (in my case, is) more annoying than swearing. So even if it's not stated in the forum rules, next time, could you please keep it nice and size 1 Arial black, for readability's sake?

I've been using the ROM for more than a day and I have a couple things to add. I'm still happy with it, but I do have a couple complaints (other than the camcorder, but I rarely use it).

• Battery drain is close to deplorable on this ROM. After 10 hours of average use (it was mostly idle; in total, screen was on for about an hour) with data enabled, automatic brightness, and overclocked to 998Mhz, my battery went from 100% to 13%. Also, it takes forever to charge the battery compared to other ROMs: after 4.5 hours, it went from 13% to 62%. At this rate, the battery life of the phone will be equal to the charging time.
  • Though the ROM is very speedy, I have had cases where an application switched to a new layout (I don't know the technical terms, but it generated a new "screen" while keeping the old one running underneath and switched to it), but the device failed to initialize the new layout, so I was forced to long press the back button to "kill the process", after which is switched back to the older layout. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know when it happens (as in, the entire screen will suddenly turn black and stay black for a very, very long time).
  • It seems the more time the phone spends booted, the choppier it starts running. Benchmarks will still produce the same results, and the average amount of free RAM does not change; however, when using the home app or apps that use animations or scroll, the device appears to be running a tad bit slower every hour. A reboot fixes the problem (temporarily).

EDIT: Note for the battery, turning the screen off significantly speeds up charging. Also, I wiped battery stats before I flashed this ROM, and WiFi Sleep Policy is set to Never.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest gnufabio

What the f***, there are rules on this forum. You MUSTN'T write with big and/or coloured chars. Noboy will help you till you will write in this way.

Edited by gnufabio

Guest The Duke of Hazard
faq u

What the badword, there are rules on this forum. You MUSTN'T write with big and/or coloured chars. Noboy will help you till you will write in this way.

+1. Varyag you're god :D

Guest Lancez
bullshit. everything works fine.

i have issued 2 warnings to your accont, 1 for each. this is a freindly forum and we all expect that both of you will behave as any other members here. consider this as your last warning.

Guest Dario93

Guys... please keep this topic clean. Writing in huge fonts and insulting each other won't solve any problem of the ROM. Write politely,in a normal font and we'll try to help all of you in the best way :D

Guest Dario93
i have issued 2 warnings to your accont, 1 for each. this is a freindly forum and we all expect that both of you will behave as any other members here. consider this as your last warning.

Well said Lancez

Guest TheShak

Well I could not get the light sensor to work... tried loads of options... no joy... agree with others findings battery seems to get hammered quite quickly been using for five hours and down to 30% from full... apart from that running 2.3.2 on our Liquid is great job! Well done Dario et al.

So, how does one change fonts on this forum so I can use big up writing??? Just kidding :D

Guest Dario93
Well I could not get the light sensor to work... tried loads of options... no joy... agree with others findings battery seems to get hammered quite quickly been using for five hours and down to 30% from full... apart from that running 2.3.2 on our Liquid is great job! Well done Dario et al.

So, how does one change fonts on this forum so I can use big up writing??? Just kidding :(

thanks for your report :D

So main things to fix are:

-Battery consumption

-Light Sensor

Anything else?

Haha! :(

Guest TheShak

-Battery consumption

-Light Sensor

Anything else?

I think so plus the dreaded losing data during a call thingy... Edit: Actually this is not too much of an issue for me as I've had WiFi on and thus the switching between calls, Wifi and Mobile data seems o.k.

The proximty sensor works great... in fact i'd say it's better than MIUI. I've not tried the OC as it's very good as it is, been palying 3D pool without any lag

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Guest Delnar_Ersike

-Battery consumption

-Light Sensor

Anything else?

Let me quote myself:

• Though the ROM is very speedy, I have had cases where an application switched to a new layout (I don't know the technical terms, but it generated a new "screen" while keeping the old one running underneath and switched to it), but the device failed to initialize the new layout, so I was forced to long press the back button to "kill the process", after which is switched back to the older layout. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know when it happens (as in, the entire screen will suddenly turn black and stay black for a very, very long time).
  • It seems the more time the phone spends booted, the choppier it starts running. Benchmarks will still produce the same results, and the average amount of free RAM does not change; however, when using the home app or apps that use animations or scroll, the device appears to be running a tad bit slower every hour. A reboot fixes the problem (temporarily).

Guest ranieri55

i have flashed this rom but for me doesn't work proximity sensor.... i'm only whit this problem? i restore miui 1.3.5 because sensor works fine... sorry for my bad english