[ROM] LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v5.0 [05/11/11]

Guest Dario93

Guest jayziac

To get rid of the most commonly asked questions. There should be a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) in the first post. Some section ideas:

Changelog

What's still Broken (and brief reason why it won't/can't be fixed soon)

Wipe data, cache, dalvik separately

Which Acer bin it's compatible with.

etc...

Good work btw, I'm sticking with t&l for a bit longer until things stabilize. The 2G data dropping after calls is my biggest problem. I can live without camcorder, but I think divx decoding also doesn't work with RockPlayer. Along with proximity sensor issues (there should be a way to just turn it off so doesn't drain battery by accident).

Guest HustlinDaily

I never had the proximity sensor issue (specifically the draining of the battery one, have been having issues with the prox sensor) with CM7 but have been having it with Acer based ROMs.

Guest Sgt Marbud

Hi,

First of all, thanks Dario93 for a really great ROM. I thinks this is showing great potential, we simply need to go through the initial bug pain.

As nobody else seems to have mentioned the GPS problems, I like to check with this group if there are similar problems. I use my GPS for keeping track of biking/running, and since the upgrade to your ROM the GPS is more or less broken.

Before you get a good lock, the GPS data get's updated, but after a lock, the update interval increases to something around 5-8 minutes.

You can test this by running the GPStest app from market. When it starts, it will update the information about the GPS signals of all satellites until you get the lock and your position. After that, no more updates to the signal level and no more positions. Looks like the GPS freezes for some reason..

Then again, thanks for the good work.

Guest Dario93
Dario news on next version? can't wait.. you have a beer! :(

First of all,thanks for your donation! :D If I manage to iron out some bugs I will release new version today/tomorrow :D

I think this rom is the best because it's fast, clean, stable, any problems about touchscreen and messages, because on every rom I met, I had lot of bugs about messages. So big thanks Dario and I wait the next release!! Thanks for your rom =)

Guest fadovi4
First of all,thanks for your donation! :( If I manage to iron out some bugs I will release new version today/tomorrow ;)

Already tomorrow :D today will be ROM??? :D

First of all,thanks for your donation! :D If I manage to iron out some bugs I will release new version today/tomorrow :D

Dario, can you release the new version signed? I would like to try this ROM (broken HOME button and i only can install by auto "update.zip" from recovery)

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks!

Guest EddyFreschi

hey! probably it's a stupid question...but it's possible to port a newer kernel version as 2.6.32 or .35 to liquid? or it's too difficult and long?

however keep up with this excellent work!:D

Guest gnufabio
hey! probably it's a stupid question...but it's possible to port a newer kernel version as 2.6.32 or .35 to liquid? or it's too difficult and long?

however keep up with this excellent work!:D

Too much difficult for us :D

Guest Christoforos22

Just flashed after wiping all manually but the proximity sensor doesnt work. When i try to call, the screen just goes off for a second or 2, then it vibrates a little and after that the screen stays on during the whole call..

Sorry my mistake..it was disabled by default..

Working Perfect

great job!!

Edited by Christoforos22

Guest Dario93

Hey guys there'll be a slowdown in developing, I'm testing the new version but there are still problems with Light sensor... All the rest is OK :D

Guest KeruDoitsu
in call settings you can disable it;)

I don't have the option to disable prox sensor o_o

In acer original roms and custom ones there was an option to set up the prox sensor's sensibility.. here?

Thanks =)

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Any plans on integrating CM7-RC4?

On the bugs side, swap somehow doesn't seem to be able to activate, even though it's technically enabled in the kernel (keeps returning "applet missing"). Oh, and I'm still getting that funky screen-turns-black-on-new-view bug, though it usually only happens if the phone has been booted for a long time, and a reboot temporarily fixes the problem. Also, the bug I reported where the menu button was sometimes randomly pressed while a fullscreen app is running, here's an update: after testing with a lot of fullscreen games (from Townsmen to Cyberlord, from Mega Jump to Speedx 3D), I've found out the problem isn't a spoofed button press, but probably something like a random OnPause trigger while the app is still in the foreground.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike