El Reg Review

Guest JustaBloke

Guest stevesilk51

This forum MAKES the Vega, as many say if it weren't for Modaco I would have rejected it.

Just hope that prospective buyers look here because the more we have on board the better for all of us.

Guest zzleezz

That review was about the worst piece of journalism I have read so far this year, maybe for the last couple of years.

I only kept clicking on the next page in a sense of horror at what an average user might think given the wholly negative tone of the first few pages, pretty sure if it was me I would have given up way before Modaco was mentioned and moved on.

Also the constant comparison to iPad just does no credit to the "person" that penned this tripe.

" If you plan to put anything else on it, you're stuffed unless you're a hacker." I am not a hacker, I am technically minded and an above average user of tech in terms of knowledge. I know that there are many many users on this forum that have successfully installed Pauls add-on pack that have never tried anything like this before. Stuffed? You should be Tony Smith.

"But so many opportunities to extend the abilities of the hardware will be denied you, at least until Dixons updates the software to support the Market - or you waive your warranty and install custom firmware."

Idiot, check your facts. Installing the addon pack here does NOT void your warranty. In fact we have Advents/DSG's blessing to do so, even better Paul is in cahoots with the guys behind the vega and they actively encourage dev work for this marvellous machine!

Here is my review of Mister Tony Smith's review.

Poorly written, try a grammar check or maybe get a friend to read it through for you (that is called "proof reading").

Factually incorrect on many levels.

Biased. An obvious iClone. Maybe balancing some of the iPads negative features such as its massive weight that makes using a tablet machine which is designed to be held extremely uncomfortable (I recently tried to watch an episode of Top Gear on my nieces iPad, gave up half way through, just too heavy).

Incomplete. He touches on the fact that it is possible to install the market on the Vega but doesn't go so far as saying how amazingly customizable the Vega is (maybe he could have balanced that up against the iPad, maybe mention how amazingly customizable the iPad is NOT).

Verdict:

I wont be bothering to read reviews from Tom Smith in the future, research is obviously not important to him (nor is his english).

Going to go and scream into a pillow, this review has made my blood boil! You might not have picked up on that :(