[ROM] CyanogenMod Plus

Guest AntonioPT

Guest Cristian Menghi

Work greats, but the only problem is the fonts are litlle big compare de previuos v5 im use.

the lcd is set to 160.

ideas ? [solution]

adb shell

vi /system/build.prop

Edited by Cristian Menghi

Guest Sh4d0w940
Work greats, but the only problem is the fonts are litlle big compare de previuos v5 im use.

the lcd is set to 160.

ideas ? [solution]

adb shell

vi /system/build.prop

Change the 160 to 140 if you want things smaller, some people even change it to 120 but that's very small imo.

Sh4d0w940

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dér Kristóf

Nice work. I installed it a day ago, and everything is fine, except, the icon of the gps. It appear, but doesn't disappear until reboot.

Can I customize the theme, or install a new one? (I used the CM settings, but that's not enough)

Guest Casterina

Download a framework which may be available on the Pulse forum.. reboot the phone into recovery and flash zip from sdcard :D

If you are using the ADW Launcher.. get one from the market B)

Guest will8578

hello everyone, iv just bought a 8gb class 10 micro sd card, what setting with this rom would i need to set it at to get best performance? thanks for your help.

Guest Casterina
hello everyone, iv just bought a 8gb class 10 micro sd card, what setting with this rom would i need to set it at to get best performance? thanks for your help.

DTApp2sd and SWAP.

Guest will8578

yes sorry i should have said i'd already done that, what i meant is i currently have it set up as 128mb swap and 6gb for sd apps, what is the best swappiness setting for this, and do you know if this is the best set up or is there better settings, thanks.

Guest fkinhypo

Hy Guys!

What would I have to do, if I wanted to put my bought ADW Ex into the rom and replace it with the free version (love the screen animations)... Because I downloaded it from the market, but afterwards the performance wasn't good at all. Now I thought it could work better with "keep homescreen in memory" option from CM6...

I tried it once with just putting it intro the ZIP and replacing it with the old one, but that caused one big problem: I could'nt log in to my google acc any more... so it was completely useless :D

Anyone got ideas?

Edited by fkinhypo

Guest rangeoshun
Hy Guys!

What would I have to do, if I wanted to put my bought ADW Ex into the rom and replace it with the free version (love the screen animations)... Because I downloaded it from the market, but afterwards the performance wasn't good at all. Now I thought it could work better with "keep homescreen in memory" option from CM6...

I tried it once with just putting it intro the ZIP and replacing it with the old one, but that caused one big problem: I could'nt log in to my google acc any more... so it was completely useless :D

Anyone got ideas?

Have you tried, just installing it (EX), then uninstall the free one?

Guest de_shepherd
Do you have flashed the rom over the old UK 2.1 ROM noticed in twrock's post?

The new 2.1 UK ROM has a smaller system partition and this ROM doesn't fit on it.

I had the same problem yesterday, but now its OK.

Decided to give this a whirl ... my current FB 1.7 seems to be getting very slow with loads of FC's so time to try something different!

Can't remember the exact sequence of ROMs I've installed ... I've had the orig UK 2.1 and am now on FLB 1.7 but forget what I had in between!

Just do a df in the terminal and I;'ve got

/system 112640k = 110M

/data 82176k = 80.25M

/cache 20480k = 20M

Is this going to be OK or should I try to dig out an orig UK 2.1 to install first for "safety"

Guest totiadrenalin
Decided to give this a whirl ... my current FB 1.7 seems to be getting very slow with loads of FC's so time to try something different!

Can't remember the exact sequence of ROMs I've installed ... I've had the orig UK 2.1 and am now on FLB 1.7 but forget what I had in between!

Just do a df in the terminal and I;'ve got

/system 112640k = 110M

/data 82176k = 80.25M

/cache 20480k = 20M

Is this going to be OK or should I try to dig out an orig UK 2.1 to install first for "safety"

This partitions sizes are perfect for the froyo.

Because the new 2011 2.1 update from t-mobile uk have to small system partition so no cm6 rom mod will fit in that partition.

Just flash rom with no problems from the recovery mod.

Guest Casterina
yes sorry i should have said i'd already done that, what i meant is i currently have it set up as 128mb swap and 6gb for sd apps, what is the best swappiness setting for this, and do you know if this is the best set up or is there better settings, thanks.

Set your swap at 64mb, 128 is too much.. your probably suffering lag.. thats too much for the pulse to handle.

you dont need that much for sd apps.. because its very unlikely you are going to use all of the 6gb for sd apps... because you could have used some of that mb for music etc... set your swappiness to 15 to 30.. change it to which you think will be more beneficial for you.

SetCPU something which you think will be more use for you.. i set mine to 480min - 598max.. the pulse is very responsive at that level :D and it saves me a lot of batteyr.. the higher the frequency the quicker the battery will die

Guest will8578
Set your swap at 64mb, 128 is too much.. your probably suffering lag.. thats too much for the pulse to handle.

you dont need that much for sd apps.. because its very unlikely you are going to use all of the 6gb for sd apps... because you could have used some of that mb for music etc... set your swappiness to 15 to 30.. change it to which you think will be more beneficial for you.

SetCPU something which you think will be more use for you.. i set mine to 480min - 598max.. the pulse is very responsive at that level :) and it saves me a lot of batteyr.. the higher the frequency the quicker the battery will die

will do that, thank you :)

Guest de_shepherd

SetCPU something which you think will be more use for you.. i set mine to 480min - 598max.. the pulse is very responsive at that level :) and it saves me a lot of batteyr.. the higher the frequency the quicker the battery will die

Ignore question below ... found there is a "format SDcard" option in ROM manager that does the format via clockwork so there must be an option in there somewhere!

When I setup for swap with FLB 1.7 I chose to use a 128MB swap partition ... in retrospect I probably agree its too large.

How do I go about changing the size. Can't find any option in clockwork to change partition sizes so I suspect I must have used AmonRa for that. Any other suggestions .... can I create the partitions via a UB card reader and windows then format in clockwork?

Edited by de_shepherd

Guest will8578

i used the a2sd in application settings on antoniopts cm plus rom, it let me format back to normal then set up as the above post stated.

Guest de_shepherd
Ignore question below ... found there is a "format SDcard" option in ROM manager that does the format via clockwork so there must be an option in there somewhere!

When I setup for swap with FLB 1.7 I chose to use a 128MB swap partition ... in retrospect I probably agree its too large.

How do I go about changing the size. Can't find any option in clockwork to change partition sizes so I suspect I must have used AmonRa for that. Any other suggestions .... can I create the partitions via a UB card reader and windows then format in clockwork?

Hmm ... got CM6+ installed but there's no sd-ext partition mounting and looks like, from it size that sdcard is the entire card so its lost the partitions. Will try again tomorrow ... at least I still seem to have a functioning phone at the moment!

Any suggestions on the best way to partition sdcard now? card reader and windows (perhaps using partition wizard?), or should I simply reinstall AmonRa, do the partitioning then put clockwork back on?

Guest jeddy1
Yes, just reinstall AmonRA and partition it from there... its very quick and easy.. then convert back clockwork recovery.

why he should do that? ROM MANAGER is doing that.just install rom manager and open it.down it say partition sdcard

Guest Casterina
why he should do that? ROM MANAGER is doing that.just install rom manager and open it.down it say partition sdcard

That doesn't actually partition your sdcard, it harms your internal memory.

Guest rangeoshun
Can't deinstall the old one... anyone knows why? :)

If you're using this rom, it has root, and I assume you do, just download root uninstaller, it'll do the job for you, but next time google, it's so easy to find :)

Guest de_shepherd
That doesn't actually partition your sdcard, it harms your internal memory.

Not sure about the "harming internal memory" but I did try to repartition via ROM manager and that has left me in the state were this ROM won't recognize/mount the sd-ext partition and I suspect swap as well. Anyway, going back to AmonRa to partition seems the best approach to me.

Guest Casterina
Not sure about the "harming internal memory" but I did try to repartition via ROM manager and that has left me in the state were this ROM won't recognize/mount the sd-ext partition and I suspect swap as well. Anyway, going back to AmonRa to partition seems the best approach to me.

There was a thread on the XDA website saying it doesn't actually partition your sd card and affects your internal memory.