[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Leaving the question aside why you think you are entitled to tell me anything about my rights - please show me where I did that.

On the contrary, I explicitely stated the opposite.

I simply asked if it would be possible to just build CM7 for both Gen2 AND Gen1 layouts.

No answer.

Guys, just ignore this alex guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about and posted some stupid s*** on a thread I was posting in earlier about KK's kernel patcher as he didn't underatand how it worked.

Guest rjm2k
Guys, just ignore this alex guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about and posted some stupid s*** on a thread I was posting in earlier about KK's kernel patcher as he didn't underatand how it worked.

I haven't seen the patcher but assume it could work the other way, gen 2 > gen 1 for those who don't want to switch?

Guest hecatae
I haven't seen the patcher but assume it could work the other way, gen 2 > gen 1 for those who don't want to switch?

the patcher could do that, but gen1 will no longer be officially supported, so no bug reports can be logged for gen1

Guest gsam101
as your warranty is already void by accepting the cyanogenmod disclaimer, you can either update to gen2 or stop using this rom

Legally, that's not true.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Of course. I think KK/Koush is just waiting for a Gen2 CyanogenMod Nightly to test/start working on one, should be simple.

Guest The Soup Thief
Of course. I think KK/Koush is just waiting for a Gen2 CyanogenMod Nightly to test/start working on one, should be simple.

I think he's looking at this, but let's wait & see

FWIW at least one of the 2 maintaining Blade CM7 switched his phone to Gen2 last night. The 2nd probably has also by now. Since they no longer own gen1 handsets they're not gonna be writing for them no matter how much grief they get from ill informed sranger

They bought their own phones and exercised free choices as to what they wanted to do with them

We each have similar freedoms re our own possessions

Guest Matthew Ferguson
So what? It's their 'hard work', it's their decision to stop at any time they like. Even with an unfinished project. Apart from the fact, that the stable release is so much worse than RC4.

You guys don't get it, right? You can easily revert from any custom ROM to stock ROM in case you have to return your phone. So Orange or OK or whatever seller it is, doesn't even suspect any foul play and is obliged to grant any warranty. Period. IF THE DAMNED PHONE IS GEN1! So, please for the love of god, take your head out of Jacobs ass and realize the magnitude of setback if anyone demands users to go to Gen2 for really no advantage whatsoever.

I personally am getting much better signal, battery life and touch screen responsiveness. No advantage? I think not. Obviously ZTE changed something for a reason... Or do you know better than they do, as well?

I personally am getting much better signal, battery life and touch screen responsiveness.

Do you get HSUPA support? If not, then the 'better signal' might be just a placebo effect. tbh I don't have any problems with battery life or touch screen responsiveness with RC4. On the contrary, I'm quite happy with this version, so I stick with it.

Well, I have to. I have numerous problems at least with the not so stable 'stable release'. WiFi transfer rates are cut in half. The charge and shutdown bug is easily reproducible with any main charger stock or 3rd-party. With attached usb cable, mobile data gets erratic and drops into single digits.

Guest Rotmann
Warranty is a moot point since
  1. Replaced the original stock recovery with Clockworkmod recovery
  2. Flashed it with a few roms such as JJ, FlibbleSan, MCR, CM7, Swedish Fillyjonk etc....
  3. IT was unlocked
So either way, upgrading to Gen2 sounds good to convert the 90quid handset from a triple band to quad band for free...

Please heed and read the disclaimer, and RTFM, and make sure you do it right....

Jeez, these guys deserve some credit and you're kicking up against it... let's be mature and reasonable about this....

BTW this is not at you @meliante.... its for the benefit of others to accept....

+1, great common sense from Tom, this thread is really fooked up.

It's a pity that people keep shouting like crazy at the developers as if they are obliged to provide CM7 in all flavors, they DEMAND IT! I'm so sorry for Jacob an Tom_G, I really do hope they are ignoring the hating and won't get influenced by so many negative ungrateful comments. I wouldn't wonder if some prick sues the CM Team because they don't provide support for his royalty. This kind of haters screw the free developing scene, it's a pity that people who actually sacrifice their free time (remember, TIME IS MONEY) and nerves for us, get mud thrown at them, this is insane! I want to ask all the people who criticized Jacob's and Tom's decision (don't want to name them): HOW MUCH DID YOU DONATE TO THE CYANOGEN TEAM? Oh wait, think again! How much did you do for the Cyanogen or the Blade community? If you get something for free and it suits your needs, you happily use it, if it does not suit your needs anymore, you come here and throw with mud. The blade users are too spoiled in my opinion, look at other devices, they would suck Steve Kondik to get CM7, really :) People keep forgetting that a few months back we got our pants messed for the first 2.1 custom ROMs, look where we are now! What would have happened if a few months back someone would have said that we will have Gingerbread with Cyanogen flavor and lots of Froyo ROMs? 99,99% would have said that the dude smoked some crappy shiet.

The shiet is as simple as it gets. I was and still am skeptical too in switching to Gen.2. But if I want CM7 goodness I will switch, heck with it. If I need warranty I'll brick the shiet out of the Gen.2 converted Blade so that nothing works on it and it won't boot. If you don't want to switch then wait for some talented developer to convert to Gen.1 but that always means no official support, no problem reporting and you will get kernel changes probably not so fast. Or move your arse and compile it yourself, the code floats around. Or switch back to stock orange 2.1. Or get a fookin' iPhone. And stop whining.

Sure it would have been ideal for it to be compatible with Gen.1 and Gen.2 like SS is, but I am sure the devs have a reason for it and we have to respect it. It would be good to hear from Jacob why this is not possible.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Do you get HSUPA support? If not, then the 'better signal' might be just a placebo effect. tbh I don't have any problems with battery life or touch screen responsiveness with RC4. On the contrary, I'm quite happy with this version, so I stick with it.

Well, I have to. I have numerous problems at least with the not so stable 'stable release'. WiFi transfer rates are cut in half. The charge and shutdown bug is easily reproducible with any main charger stock or 3rd-party. With attached usb cable, mobile data gets erratic and drops into single digits.

I didn't say I have any problems, I said they were BETTER. I have no issues with the stable release, when I was Gen1 or now. And it's not just a placebo affect, but of course, I forgot, you know better than ME TOO about MY phone.

I'm able to get signal in places I previously was not. AND MAKE CALLS.

Guest TheDOC1

One question regarding the cyanogenmod kernel:

Which kernel source tree is used to compile the binary "kernel" and "recovery_kernel" in "device/zte/blade" in the cyanogenmod source tree? (Is it this one? https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade)

A link to this source tree should be provided near these binaries to comply with the GPL.

Is there no way to include the kernel sources into the cyanogenmod build process instead of a binary? That would make it easier to compile a version for GEN1 and GEN2 devices. Currently you have to swap the binary kernels.

Guest Fou-lu

KK builds has roms for both GEN1 and 2, is it really that hard to implement?

the reason for making CM7 for GEN2 was because GEN2 user's can't use CM or downgrade right? but that Guy with a chicken avatar has GEN2 and is using N39, so that reason is VOID,GEN2 USERS CAN USE THE CURRENT NIGHTLYS, albeit via converter.

The majority of CM user's are or "were" GEN1, the only reason I can guess for moving to GEN2 is that Jacob upgraded his phone to GEN2 and can't downgrade so everybody else has too, eventually there will be a converter, eventually GEN2 users will be dominant just as TFT outnumbered OLED, hopefully no GEN3 appears and creates havoc again...

either way, N36 is excellent or N35, forgot, but will be happy to wait for this to be smoothed out, try not to forget about the originals! GEN1 Forever!!!

(or until I stop being lazy and take 10-20mins to convert it to GEN2 on PC)

And it's not just a placebo affect, but of course, I forgot, you know better than ME TOO about MY phone.

I'm able to get signal in places I previously was not. AND MAKE CALLS.

So, are you getting HSUPA support or not? I totally don't care how your cell reception is in general.

Guest HCDR.Jacob

It's merged. Future nightlies and version 7.0.1 will be Gen2.

With this, I retreat once again from these horrible forums, to the golden lands of IRC

Guest lordofangels

With this, I retreat once again from these horrible forums, to the golden lands of IRC

Thanks Jacob,

Upgraded to Gen 2, bring on the point release.

Thanks for all your's and Tom's hard work, really appreciated here.

Guest AlphaVision

Thank you for your hard work and support

Guest Matthew Ferguson
So, are you getting HSUPA support or not? I totally don't care how your cell reception is in general.

Then why did you comment and make a judgement about it?

Guest Matthew Ferguson
KK builds has roms for both GEN1 and 2, is it really that hard to implement?

the reason for making CM7 for GEN2 was because GEN2 user's can't use CM or downgrade right? but that Guy with a chicken avatar has GEN2 and is using N39, so that reason is VOID,GEN2 USERS CAN USE THE CURRENT NIGHTLYS, albeit via converter.

The majority of CM user's are or "were" GEN1, the only reason I can guess for moving to GEN2 is that Jacob upgraded his phone to GEN2 and can't downgrade so everybody else has too, eventually there will be a converter, eventually GEN2 users will be dominant just as TFT outnumbered OLED, hopefully no GEN3 appears and creates havoc again...

either way, N36 is excellent or N35, forgot, but will be happy to wait for this to be smoothed out, try not to forget about the originals! GEN1 Forever!!!

(or until I stop being lazy and take 10-20mins to convert it to GEN2 on PC)

Hellz yeah that Guy with a chicken avatar I used KK's converter, and it works perfectly :)

Guest HCDR.Jacob
One question regarding the cyanogenmod kernel:

Which kernel source tree is used to compile the binary "kernel" and "recovery_kernel" in "device/zte/blade" in the cyanogenmod source tree? (Is it this one? https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade)

A link to this source tree should be provided near these binaries to comply with the GPL.

Is there no way to include the kernel sources into the cyanogenmod build process instead of a binary? That would make it easier to compile a version for GEN1 and GEN2 devices. Currently you have to swap the binary kernels.

kernel is.

For recovery_kernel I used Sebastian's, it's smaller.

Guest crumplycord

excellent news, looking forward to changing my phone to GEN2 for the benefits, was always updating the radio on my HTC magic to see huge benefits hope this brings the same and finally jump on the CM band wagon for the first time since the days of CM6.0 RC's on my magic I have much missed CM.

Guest Loki86

hi guys

i want to try this rom

only one question app2sd in ext3 partition is integrated? or i have to install after an app?in that case what app?

Edited by Loki86

Guest Amphoras
hi guys

i want to try this rom

only one question app2sd in ext3 partition is integrated? or i have to install after an app?in that case what app?

You need to use something else. I use Dark Tremor apps2sd, you just flash it with Clockwork after flashing the ROM.