[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest Fou-lu
bhf, can you please stop recommending this? The issues are still present in RC4.

do you read other people's opinions? majority said that RC4 is the best, N35-36 also better than stable..

Guest targetbsp
do you read other people's opinions? majority said that RC4 is the best, N35-36 also better than stable..

N36 is no good to anyone that overclocks.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

I like how the two people complaining most about moving to Gen2, Fou-lu and bhp, both praise RC4 and claim everyone thinks it's the best, then as soon as they do, two people immediately chime in and disagree. Shows how dellusional they are...

I like how the two people complaining most about moving to Gen2, Fou-lu and bhp, both praise RC4 and claim everyone thinks it's the best, then as soon as they do, two people immediately chime in and disagree. Shows how dellusional they are...

You're wrong as usual. I don't complain about moving to Gen2, I just avoid this step to the last possible minute. Ask jtc42 for the many reasons. :)

Guest Matthew Ferguson
You're wrong as usual. I don't complain about moving to Gen2, I just avoid this step to the last possible minute. Ask jtc42 for the many reasons. :)

Of course I'm wrong, if my opinion differs to yours. Because that's how you think. *quotes previous comment*

Guest The Soup Thief
...I don't complain about moving to Gen2...

I don't want to (re)start a flame war but you are the same bhf who posted here and here only a few days ago aren't you?

Your comments on those pages look to me a little like complaints about moving to Gen2

And don't cuss people on here just for disagreeing with you. It's not nice and it makes you look foolish

Guest Fou-lu

Im happy with N35! all my posts were mainly asking why?! why?! because the UK people still are GEN1, no demand, no complaint, if GEN2 improves CM7 then that's even better, your on GEN2, so **** the rest of us huh? not allowed a opinion or reason?

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest mELIANTE

"Oe noez, I want to abuze ma fonez bat I wanna abuze da waranti if I breaq it"

That's all of you complaning about warranty of a previously MODDED (hence, with no warranty) phone.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest k0zmic
"Oe noez, I want to abuze ma fonez bat I wanna abuze da waranti if I breaq it"

That's all of you complaning about warranty of a previously MODDED (hence, with no warranty) phone.

"Bah I kneed MOAR Cyanogenz in meh fonez!"

/jk

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Sunshineslo

Mates, why I don't have any of the issues listed?

The only issue I noticed is shut down during charging (happened 2x of 10 chargings). GPS is working normally (google maps), wi-fi is fine, phone does not reboot randomly or shutdown, works fast as hell (angry birds rio rulz :) ) and no issue at all when connecting BT to my car BT set.

The phone is GEN1, before install I wiped everything, made a restore with Titanium (I restored also the user settings from SS RSL4 and it looped on boot, so I had to make wipe once again and restored only apps).

I should be considered lucky I guess. For me it works great, no complaints :)

Guest TRKOSTAS
I'm having issues installing, says there is an error in the file, probably a noob question but would like some help please

update clockwork (happen to me too)

Guest jammykam

I installed this ROM last week and so far really love it. I love the CM settings and the amount of customisation possible to all options. Seems to run super smooth compared to RC versions, I uninstalled previously and have been running Modaco R12 for while now but this seems better.

Couple of things, already mentioned previously... The phone has rebooted couple of times while charging, and battery drain seems to be quite heavy!

I've installed FLB on a friend SF and that seems (for me) to have best battery usage. Interestingly (or maybe not!) since yesterday morning I turned off Wifi, data and 3G and currently (more than 24 hours later) I have 71% battery remaining. I think I would have had about 80% remaining but I turned wifi on last night to check emails and surf a little. I did have minimal usage, a few SMS messages and a few minutes calls... I will play around with setting over next few days.

On Modaco and FLB i was getting about 1.5 days battery, possibly 2 at a stretch on fair usage... getting 1 day or so on CM. Not a deal breaker, but the biggie for me is the rebooting while charging, I have SIM lock and so the phone never fully reboots (maybe I should just disable this...)

Is this mod supporting connections to Ad-hoc wifi on laptop?

If you mean Wifi hotspotting so your laptop can connect to internet via the phone then yes, I can confirm I have this option available.

Guest freecity
Mates, why I don't have any of the issues listed?

The only issue I noticed is shut down during charging (happened 2x of 10 chargings). GPS is working normally (google maps), wi-fi is fine, phone does not reboot randomly or shutdown, works fast as hell (angry birds rio rulz :o ) and no issue at all when connecting BT to my car BT set.

The phone is GEN1, before install I wiped everything, made a restore with Titanium (I restored also the user settings from SS RSL4 and it looped on boot, so I had to make wipe once again and restored only apps).

I should be considered lucky I guess. For me it works great, no complaints :mellow:

So it is common to experience shutting down when charging. I my case, the rate is 100%. Just sometimes I can still start the system, while sometimes it stops at the Android log.

GPS does not work as usual.

Guest jtc42
You're wrong as usual. I don't complain about moving to Gen2, I just avoid this step to the last possible minute. Ask jtc42 for the many reasons. :o

Yeah okay I can vouch for you on this. I'm still on Gen1 after what happened last time. I know TPT is safer but from what I can gather, CM7 is still less stable than FLB/SS so I have no need to upgrade.

Call me back when it works, GREAT stuff from the devs, coming along really well by the looks of things, I'm just being a bit perfectionist over it :mellow:

If you mean Wifi hotspotting so your laptop can connect to internet via the phone then yes, I can confirm I have this option available.

No. I mean the problem that current official Android can't see and connect to Wifi Ad-hoc, for example to laptop. I want to have on Blade the internet connected shared with laptop by Wifi. There are solutions for this for some androphones. Either a patch for wifi_suplicant starting from Android 2.2 as I understand or CyanogenMod. That's all that I found about it. For example here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754961 Maybe that is not full info.

Guest M@kedonskiy
No. I mean the problem that current official Android can't see and connect to Wifi Ad-hoc, for example to laptop. I want to have on Blade the internet connected shared with laptop by Wifi. There are solutions for this for some androphones. Either a patch for wifi_suplicant starting from Android 2.2 as I understand or CyanogenMod. That's all that I found about it. For example here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754961 Maybe that is not full info.

My blade is connected to connect to Wifi Ad-hoc now. It runs under CM7.0.2stable. But I use the internet on OSF via laptop connection.

Edited by M@kedonskiy

My blade is connected to connect to Wifi Ad-hoc now. It runs under CM7.0.2stable. But I use the internet on OSF via laptop connection.

What OS you are using and how created Ad-hoc on laptop.

Can you create in Windows XP Ad-hoc with standard method without using additional programs and Sanfran with CM will see this ad-hoc WiFi in list of available networks and connect?