[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest dibbles
ok, installed gapps and it's updates

phone works like a charm!

got instant fix on gps!

nice one till now, i'll keep on testing! l;)

If you are using the GPS then be aware of an issue which I have reported here...

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...tars%20Priority

...if you note the above occurring for you then please just add to that thread. :D

Guest GarethC
If you are using the GPS then be aware of an issue which I have reported here...

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...tars%20Priority

...if you note the above occurring for you then please just add to that thread. :D

I had this last night, messed with maps for a few minutes and then exited the app making sure gps was also turned off put the phone into standby and within 5 minutes the phone buzzed and had shutdown. No biggy for me though really as I don’t use GPS that often….

Anyone had a problem charging?? Taken over 3 hours so far and it is only @ 70% charged….In the battery status it says “charging (USB)” pretty sure it used to say “charging (AC)” when plugged into the wall…..certainly never used to take this long….

Apart from these two all seems very good…thumbs up from me definitely a stable rom for me…

RC3 installed manually via clockwork clean install

Guest dibbles
I had this last night, messed with maps for a few minutes and then exited the app making sure gps was also turned off put the phone into standby and within 5 minutes the phone buzzed and had shutdown. No biggy for me though really as I don’t use GPS that often….

Anyone had a problem charging?? Taken over 3 hours so far and it is only @ 70% charged….In the battery status it says “charging (USB)” pretty sure it used to say “charging (AC)” when plugged into the wall…..certainly never used to take this long….

Apart from these two all seems very good…thumbs up from me definitely a stable rom for me…

RC3 installed manually via clockwork clean install

It might not be a biggy for you but if you could post in that thread it might help to add validity to it by illustrating that others are experiencing the issue as well.

Guest sm4tik
Is it much work to get this one working for GEN2 phones from China/Bulgaria/Sweden?

Add Finland to your list.. I was wondering the same thing, any news on this? Will the gen2 phones atleast be supported by the official release once it's out?

I think this is an old problem that has been around since N25 at least. It seems that if the phone is ever plugged into a USB port, subsequently it still thinks it's charging on USB even when plugged into the mains charger, until the next reboot. Try rebooting and then plug into the charger, that should clear it. I don't know if the devs are aware of it, though.

Guest GarethC
It might not be a biggy for you but if you could post in that thread it might help to add validity to it by illustrating that others are experiencing the issue as well.

Done....:D

I think this is an old problem that has been around since N25 at least. It seems that if the phone is ever plugged into a USB port, subsequently it still thinks it's charging on USB even when plugged into the mains charger, until the next reboot. Try rebooting and then plug into the charger, that should clear it. I don't know if the devs are aware of it, though.

Spot on....Cheers

Guest qwertymz

CM7 + LauncherPro = Happy qwertymz. A couple of bugs, but I can mostly live with them. Battery life seems ok, though it just drained 30% after replicating the GPS crash described above.

Hope GPS gets sorted soon, as I use Maps quite often. Apart from that, and the occasional app close, I'm quite enjoying life with CM. Thanks guys!

Guest hugobosslives
Hmm no sleep with wifi on, when I turn wifi off no problem.

FML!!!

jeez does no one read either the CM7 threads or the bug reports anymore!

in short: this is a known problem with the (newish) wifi drivers!!! either turn of wifi whenyou want it to sleep, flash the wifi fix zip, or flash an older nightly (i think pre n25) untill its fixed

one more thing, did i mention read the threads/bug reports......

Guest Kthulhu
Hope GPS gets sorted soon, as I use Maps quite often. Apart from that, and the occasional app close, I'm quite enjoying life with CM. Thanks guys!

Hmm no sleep with wifi on, when I turn wifi off no problem.

If I am not wrong, these are the two main issues so far.

For all of you like me :D that don't read the bug report.

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest sej7278
If I am not wrong, these are the two main issues so far.

For all of you like me :D that don't read the bug report.

and proximity still isn't fixed it seems - even the new kernel and workarounds don't fix it for everyone.

and battery life is still iffy.

if these (now 4) issues are fixed in rc4, i'm all over it!

Guest mELIANTE
and proximity still isn't fixed it seems - even the new kernel and workarounds don't fix it for everyone.

and battery life is still iffy.

if these (now 4) issues are fixed in rc4, i'm all over it!

Proximity is working fine for most of us I think. Accelerometer and GPS issues are the only ones left keeping me from a perfect experience with CM7 :D

PS: Battery life is kinda rubbish too, but it gets through the day :D

Guest gusthy
Proximity is working fine for most of us I think. Accelerometer and GPS issues are the only ones left keeping me from a perfect experience with CM7 B)

PS: Battery life is kinda rubbish too, but it gets through the day :D

What's the problem with battery?

Guest lixcab

RC4 sweet! I can't wait to load that in my phone.

Battery is the same as FLB / MCR. If you want the phone to last longer, switch off automatic gmail sync. Just refresh your Inbox on demand.

Guest mELIANTE
What's the problem with battery?

In 2G it's fine, when you connect with 3G it gets sucked dry. At least for me and a couple of other users.

Guest qwertymz

Am I right in thinking that if I go from RC3 to RC4 I don't need to format anything, but just install the new firmware (i.e. no reinstalling apps, restoring contacts, etc)?

EDIT: I know the rule is 'wipe wipe wipe', but I'm wondering - am I wiping EVERYTHING (i.e. start from factory)? Moving from JJ to RC3 took me over an hour as I wiped it all off, so I'm curious to see if I have to be that thorough with this.

Also, does anyone have a good way of backing up contacts AND their Facebook sync? Google doesn't retain most syncs, meaning I have to manually do every single one of them...

Edited by qwertymz

Guest k0nrad

Just installed RC4 (no data/cache wipe over N32) and man... Someone may call placebo effect, but these EGL fixes really make the graphics smooth as butter - LPP has never been so perfectly smooth on CM7, same for any other UI transitions/animations. Great job CM team!

Guest lixcab
Am I right in thinking that if I go from RC3 to RC4 I don't need to format anything, but just install the new firmware (i.e. no reinstalling apps, restoring contacts, etc)?

EDIT: I know the rule is 'wipe wipe wipe', but I'm wondering - am I wiping EVERYTHING (i.e. start from factory)? Moving from JJ to RC3 took me over an hour as I wiped it all off, so I'm curious to see if I have to be that thorough with this.

Also, does anyone have a good way of backing up contacts AND their Facebook sync? Google doesn't retain most syncs, meaning I have to manually do every single one of them...

Dev's first post says you don't have to wipe when upgrading.

Guest lixcab
It says 'perform NANDROID backup'... is that the clockwork recovery backup thing?

Yep. Same thing.

Edit: Nandroid backup is what the name suggests, creates a backup in case you have to revert back. The same is recommended even when doing a total wipe for a fresh install.

Edit again: I don't bother with FB and Google Sync. They don't like each other anyway so I don't sync contacts. I imagine you would have to do this manually again.

Edited by lixcab