[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest dibbles
It says 'perform NANDROID backup'... is that the clockwork recovery backup thing?

Yes then you can restore back to how the phone was if you should need to.

Guest qwertymz

Thanks everyone. Bit confused about the wipe/don't wipe thing - in one of the nightlies, there seems to be a very big !! about ALWAYS WIPING. Guess it isn't the case if I'm just upgrading RC, right? I won't lose anything if I don't wipe...

Guest goatee

Proximity was perfect on 28 for me - and really not so good in RC3. Does anyone know if it's fixed in RC4?

Proximity is working fine for most of us I think. Accelerometer and GPS issues are the only ones left keeping me from a perfect experience with CM7 B)

PS: Battery life is kinda rubbish too, but it gets through the day :D

Guest targetbsp

The proximity seems fine to me. I had a play whilst on a long call. :D You definitely have the option ticked that makes it work? always use proximity or something under call settings.

Battery just did me 4 days of light use. Would have gone longer but I charged it at 25%

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Superfuzz

Shouldn't there be a new topic for RC4? I'd like to now the state of issues remaining etc and a separate topic would be more clear about those. :D

Guest hecatae
Shouldn't there be a new topic for RC4? I'd like to now the state of issues remaining etc and a separate topic would be more clear about those. :D

HCDR will make one later

Guest goatee

:D (annoyed at phone, as opposed to you!).

Nope, doesn't work for me - I did a full wipe (and even had to repartition my SD card, as I was using old-school A2SD, which finally stopped working with CM7, and so moved to using S2E), and when I first used it, proximity didn't work. Then I made sure both were ticked, and rebooted, and it was a bit better, but sometimes worked, and other times didn't. Finally, I tried unticking both, rebooting, and then ticking both, and rebooting, and I still have this slightly unpredictable response, where sometimes it does work, and other times it doesn't work. It's really annoying, because it was perfect in N28, and unless RC4 fixes it (downloading now), I'll have to go back to N28, which wasn't quite as smooth as RC3 in use.

The proximity seems fine to me. I had a play whilst on a long call. B) You definitely have the option ticked that makes it work? always use proximity or something under call settings.

Battery just did me 4 days of light use. Would have gone longer but I charged it at 25%

Guest qwertymz

Wiped cache and d-cache before flashing (after nandroid), and seem to be fine. :D Had an issue with wifi, but made the Blade forget my network, re-scanned, found, and now it's connected ok and playing HQ videos through youtube. Thanks guys, RC4 came about really quickly!

Can't wait for the GPS fix. B)

Guest qwertymz

Wiped cache and d-cache before flashing (after nandroid), and seem to be fine. :D Had an issue with wifi, but made the Blade forget my network, re-scanned, found, and now it's connected ok and playing HQ videos through youtube. Thanks guys, RC4 came about really quickly!

Guest goatee

So why me? How is my Blade different from all other Blades? ;)

Guest _amano

For all people with WIFI connection issues: That might depend on your connection mode: WEP/WPA/-PSK/WPA2

Maybe all people with problems should post how they connect with their routers (WPA2 should be the only one used for security reasons)?

Edited by _amano

Guest qwertymz

Well, I connect to two spots just now:

My home one (WPA/WPA 2), is also a hidden network. No prob.

My work one (EAP) would not connect at first, but I just long-pressed, selected "Forget network", and re-filled my login details. Sorted!

Guest Chaz_UK

Is anyone else getting errors like this? Some games for me run with missing graphics:

screenshot_14.png

This is a screenshot of Angry Birds Rio on my Blade which is missing much of the in game graphics and I also have the same on all other games.

I did some searching in this thread with no results of anyone with GFX errors. I'm a bit obsessive over my Blade and how well it runs so I wipe everything everytime I update so I get the best out of each nightly/RC. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by Chaz_UK

Guest Blues003

I got that on RC3. Did not try it on RC4.

Here's how I reproduced the error: initiated a ton of apps (Gameboid, Genesis, various launchers), then the 3 Angry Birds games.

I believe it has to do with the way 2.3.3 (and thus, CM) manages memory.

Guest Maringer

I encountered a similar Angry Birds Rio problem just after I installed the app. A reboot of the phone sorted it out without any problems and I've not seen it since.

Guest JayGB1982

To remove the graphical glitches from Angry Birds

Go to settings > CM > Performance > Enable dithering - Uncheck this option

This has worked for me in the past when using CM7

Guest That-Guy
To remove the graphical glitches from Angry Birds

Go to settings > CM > Performance > Enable dithering - Uncheck this option

This has worked for me in the past when using CM7

Just out of interest, what is dithering?

Guest mickey megabyte
Just out of interest, what is dithering?

rather than try to explain it, have a look here, paying particular attention to the pictures further down the page.

225px-Dithering_example_dithered_16color.png

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest Kthulhu

Sorry if I am an ignorant...what has changed from RC3 to RC4 ?

I installed without wiping anything and couldlnot conect to market with RC4, wifi is the same and I do not see any big improvement, so went back to RC3 back up.