[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest jayhix
To be blunt, I don't give a s***.

The point is, you guys *can* upgrade. Gen2 users can't downgrade. We want to cater for everyone

Charming.

You should cater for everyone - correct, and by choosing gen 2 only you are not. Quite simple really. Regardless of whether people *can* upgrade, the fact is there is no way for us to downgrade this means our warranty is completely void. I personally think your decision is rash and limiting the number of testers for your rom, clearly you have extensively researched the pros and cons....

Guest HCDR.Jacob
Charming.

You should cater for everyone - correct, and by choosing gen 2 only you are not. Quite simple really. Regardless of whether people *can* upgrade, the fact is there is no way for us to downgrade this means our warranty is completely void. I personally think your decision is rash and limiting the number of testers for your rom, clearly you have extensively researched the pros and cons....

Read our disclaimer before bitching about your warranty :)

Guest Simon O
Charming.

Why should Jacob cater for people that wish to remain on Gen1? More and more blades are being sold in several countries that are Gen2 and cannot be downgraded. All official updates are upgrading to Gen2 so it's perfectly logical for Jacob to make the decision not to support Gen1 any more. Officially.

The great thing about CM7 being open source is that YOU, the community, can easily recompile the kernel for Gen1 devices and package it up with replacement RIL libs to produce a patch that will allow CM7 to work on Gen1 devices. I expect a few people to do this.

As Jacob says 'deal with it'. Most people are.

Guest ahac85

hi can someone please tell me if its possible to install darktremors apps2sd on cyangenMod-7 stable version and what version? do install if after the first boot of cm-7 or prior to rebooting, anyhelp will be appreciated.

Guest Simon O
hi can someone please tell me if its possible to install darktremors apps2sd on cyangenMod-7 stable version and what version? do install if after the first boot of cm-7 or prior to rebooting, anyhelp will be appreciated.

Darktremor I honestly do not know but S2E works fine and has a nice little GUI for toggling the movement of apps to SD and back again as well as dalvik-cache. It's built specially for CM7 too.

Guest JayGB1982

S2E has always worked for me on CM7

I just upgraded my GEN1 to GEN2 today, had little hassle forgetting to have the ROM on the SD card prior to converting it to GEN2.

But it's all gone pretty smoothly. I think people shoulld either move to GEN2 as I did for the enhanced radio.

Or perhaps an un-official GEN2 > GEN 1 CM7 patch could be created similar to KK's GEN2 converter

Guest Sunshineslo

Is it just me or CM7.0.0 Stable consumes less battery than RLS Swedish Spring?

After a full charge I played with ZTE for cca. 1h 30min with enabled Wi-Fi - the battery dropped to 70%. I left the Wi-Fi enabled over night (6 hours) and when woke up, I checked the screen. Battery went down by 3%. I think that is pretty reasonable, although it is said, that Wi-Fi is not going to sleep, but is always on? From the moment I plugged it from charger, the spare parts shows Wi-Fi consumed 33% battery.

Guest frenchdroid
Charming.

@Jayhix: Let me start by apologising. I don't normally bother posting on forums to give people a hard time but I just had to write to say that you're postings (especially the one above) make you look like an arse.

You looking like an arse is hardly anything to make a big deal about - I and plenty others do it all the time. However, more importantly, your post above seems like an attempt to convey to the developers of CM7 that you speak on behalf of a significant proportion of their ROM users. I don't know for sure, but I expect a build-up of general whinging & whining, combined with posts like yours, could be fairly demotivating to the people that are putting in the constant effort to develop CM7 (and other roms & mods), and getting to the point where they think "why bother with these people".

Perhaps if you want to act statesmanlike, speaking for the people, etc, start by being REASONABLE and take the time to realise that you aren't owed anything by these developers. Surely its a case of take it or leave it, and being grateful for what you take, and the fact that you have a wide choice of roms and mods to choose from in the first place.

Apologies in advance for the over-reaction, just wanted to express a different perspective to the demands and whining.

Guest Fou-lu

eventually,hopefully, magicly, there most probably, oh definitely , should or would be a gen1 converter, or atleast a way to use gen1 on cm, there was a problem with OLED/TFT Awhile back? hopefully this won't be any difference! be optimistic!!

Guest gsam101
eventually,hopefully, magicly, there most probably, oh definitely , should or would be a gen1 converter, or atleast a way to use gen1 on cm, there was a problem with OLED/TFT Awhile back? hopefully this won't be any difference! be optimistic!!

Given the fact that it only relies on 2 proprietary lib to change and a kernel to compile, you can expect that, that's an easy task. Because I think that there is developers here which cares about the warranty of their phone (and the warranty of user's phone) I think (because I think i'm not the only one here who cannot afford buying a new Blade if mine is broken).

Anyway, dropping Gen1 support is a bit stupid, since anyway the differences are pretty small for the developers, and most people won't update their phone.

By the way, I wouldn't update my phone with some strange proprietary windows program (By the way, when you don't have a windows machine it's a problem) that you have no idea how it could break your phone without knowing (I have my I5800 for that...).

And, losing TPT is REALLY an issue, because it can save your ass if you suck in something.

Edited by gsam101

Guest HCDR.Jacob
ooo be careful gsam you may get flamed or labelled a troll for disagree-ing with the gods that create cm7

You get flamed for thinkings you're automatically right and for saying I think I'm better than everyone.

You forget that you don't pay me to do this, and you don't pay Tom either. It's our hard work which we share with you for free. We decided ourselves that updating to Gen2 was the best option, so that's what we're doing.

Just get over it. And get over yourself while you're at it :)

Guest dragon2611
To be blunt, I don't give a s***.

The point is, you guys *can* upgrade. Gen2 users can't downgrade. We want to cater for everyone

Is there likely to be functionality in ROM manager to handle the upgrade once CM goes GEN2?

Thus making it a simple "press a button" type affair.

Interestingly upgrading from MCR to CM7 "Stable" seems to have fixed some issues with my WI-FI. (Didn't like one of My AP's, would refuse to connect to it and always connect to the netgear downstairs instead, now it will connect to the upstairs one as well)

Edited by dragon2611

Guest HCDR.Jacob
Is there any progress on the accelerometer issue (particularly in games), where it feels laggy

We've been looking into it. We suspect it might be the lib we're using. I plan to play about with it this weekend, see what I can find out

Guest mELIANTE
We've been looking into it. We suspect it might be the lib we're using. I plan to play about with it this weekend, see what I can find out

Yeah, all the sensors lag, Accel, Compass...

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
You forget that you don't pay me to do this, and you don't pay Tom either. It's our hard work which we share with you for free. We decided ourselves that updating to Gen2 was the best option, so that's what we're doing.

You decided forcing everyone to convert to Gen2 was the best option FOR YOU.

It definitely isn't for us users.

Guest mELIANTE
You decided forcing everyone to convert to Gen2 was the best option FOR YOU.

It definitely isn't for us users.

Can you explain why not? If you ever need to send it to warranty brick the mutha fucka!