CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Simon O
if i reboot it will connect (i'm pretty sure - will have to confirm tonight when i get home - no wifi here in the office)

but if the phone sleeps it disconnects and then when i use it again it will not automatically reconnect

if i tell it to reconnect it will do so immediately

my wife's blade is running sebastian404's de-orangeated ROM

i will check what her phone does

maybe it is a hardware/firmware problem

Nah I think it's something in CM causing it. The Desire uses a different wifi chip and it's having the same wifi issues as the Blade on the latest nightlies.

Guest mELIANTE

Ok, tried to play SpeedX 3D last night and it turned out to be impossible. Gravity sensor is all messed up and doesn't register properly. Since the "always use proximity sensor" off is dependant on gravity sensor to work, I suppose both this problems are related. As in, fix gravity sensor, fix proximity sensor in calls issue?

Guest AP707
Press Menu button on phone, press add icon, press Launcher Action, press Open/close App Draw & then drag into empty space in launcher!!

Yeah got there in the end haha, pretty solid release here, just the slow menus that are holding it back a little. The icons in 2.3 look so much better then the ones on froyo.

Guest Roo13

Hi,

Just to notice 2 weird behaviours:

Haven't tried it myself, but a common and more or less agreed/confirmed solution appears to be what Frankish suggested on p27:

"It works for me with Always use proximity ticked and In Call UI TICKED"

On mine, the best it works is with default settings ("Always use proximity unticked" and "Call UI" ticked): this way i get want i want: screen off when phone on ear screen on when phone down..

I'm not sure most of those are steps backwards in this version? Wifi has never reconnected as well under Cm7 as Froyo, occasional UI freezes is a known blade/cm7 bug, usb storage works fine for me - though I do toggle it on with widgetsoid and not the android guy. Some change has caused Windows to want to re-install the phone driver and someone earlier noted they had to unplug and replug the phone in for it to work (I didn't have to do that personally)

About wifi, it's working perfectly for me: it reconnects fast when i come from screen off and even doesn't disconnect if screen is off less than "anunknownamount" of time.

About screen freezes, i had, whatever the rom, the screen going crazy (zoom, unzoom, up, down) sometimes, i've read somewhere else, maybe not even on this forum that pressing upper right corner (the time) makes it stop and it does, it happens lot less now on CM7 (2 times in 3 days) but i do have freezes and pushing the upper right corner make it comes back unfrozen...hope this gives a clue..

Thanks a lot for all feedbacks and job of developer it's an amzing stuff you're building.

ju

Guest chimas
Yeah got there in the end haha, pretty solid release here, just the slow menus that are holding it back a little. The icons in 2.3 look so much better then the ones on froyo.

Yeah thse lot are quite something. I keep going back to the froyo only to find myself been unable to keep using it for more than a day. :D

Guest arpakyna
Ok, tried to play SpeedX 3D last night and it turned out to be impossible. Gravity sensor is all messed up and doesn't register properly.

Same problem playing Drop. Accelerometers work in on/off manner.

Guest Rotmann
Are you guys having an issue with lagg when you go the the app screen? When I'm scrolling through my apps the Lag is pretty noticeable, any idea what I've done wrong if anything?

Thanks.

My observation as well, laggyness appears to have increased with every new nightly,

and I don't have ANY fancy stuff installed.

Use ADW EX, Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin or Eugene (not MoDaCo because not optimised)

Ok, tried to play SpeedX 3D last night and it turned out to be impossible. Gravity sensor is all messed up and doesn't register properly.

+1 orientation sensor seems b0rk3d. Also the compass seems to be laggy.

Other than that, stellar battery life, the proximity sensor works as it should, wifi reconnects, perfect Wednesday ROM for me!

Edited by Rotmann

Guest mELIANTE
Same problem playing Drop. Accelerometers work in on/off manner.

Replace system\lib\hw\sensors.default.so with the one from Japanese Jellyfish. It will be fixed in the coming nightly if it gets merged on time.

Same for compass.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Use ADW EX, Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin or Eugene (not MoDaCo because not optimised)

I do use Steven Lin's

Guest mELIANTE
N19. Steven Lin's 2.3 Launcher is buttery goodness for me.

Do any of the stock launchers have the glow efect on over scrolling? Also, shouldn't they be 2D instead of 3D rolling effect?

Guest Rotmann
Do any of the stock launchers have the glow efect on over scrolling? Also, shouldn't they be 2D instead of 3D rolling effect?

The glow effect is implemented through the whole system, I have seen that all apps glow when scrolling. The stock gingerbread launcher is 3D and it's damn smooth.

Guest mELIANTE
The glow effect is implemented through the whole system, I have seen that all apps glow when scrolling. The stock gingerbread launcher is 3D and it's damn smooth.

Yes, it is implemented throughout the system but I don't have it in my stock launcher, I just get overscrolling but no glow. Also, I was under the impression that the app drawer was supposed to be 2D with a fade in effect. Here I just have the same effect as FroYo, the icons com from outside the screen... Oh well, I'm just being picky I suppose ^^

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked again at a Nexus S video and no glow, 2D or fade in effect. I must have been drunk when I thought that up lol

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Acathla-
Cifs Manager is what I was using. When I try and mount the drive, it says theres no such device. I tried it with a previous ROM that didn't have cifs support and got teh same error message which is why I wondered if that was the problem here. I'll play about with it a bit more and see what happens.

On my old ROM, it seemed to move apps to the ext by itself. It just seemed strange that the ext partition didn't seem to be showing up at all, but it should still be there. I'll try those out and see if they help, thanks.

CM7 is supposed to have CIFS support but I don't use it myself so cant confirm for you.

Also, some ROMS had apps2ext script built in. CM7 doesn't come with such scripts so you have to use a third party solution.

Guest The Soup Thief

The glow?

Home > menu button > settings > cyanogenmod settings > overscrolling

Affects all menus subsequently. Though I've not tried other launchers it should work....

Guest mELIANTE
The glow?

Home > menu button > settings > cyanogenmod settings > overscrolling

Affects all menus subsequently. Though I've not tried other launchers it should work....

It doesn't. But anyway, Nexus S doesn't seem to have it either, so... :D

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Maringer
There isn't a free Steve Lin's launcher or is there?

There certainly is a free Launcher from Steven Lin. I'm using one, in any case!

I believe he may charge for slightly modded versions.

Guest nunoar
There certainly is a free Launcher from Steven Lin. I'm using one, in any case!

I believe he may charge for slightly modded versions.

Where did you get it from? I can only find a paid version on the market... :D

Thanks in advance

Guest jurrasstoil

Just noticed that the new Camera app added a great feature: you can now set the Volume-Rocker as the Shutter-Button.

However, the Brightness-slider is gone, which is too bad :D

Battery seems to be better, but is still behind most 2.2 roms. Lost like ~30% over 12h with very little use.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Rotmann
Battery seems to be better, but is still behind most 2.2 roms. Lost like ~30% over 12h with very little use.

Did you flash at 100% or recalibrate? The standby time is definitely as good as FroYo if not better. I have almost 3 days on the new kernel btw.

this won't work for me.says incompatible with device and won't install.

Get the one from Eugene.

Guest lesa0208

i flash this rom nightly 19 and i have problem with app2sd. Rom see my ext3 partition but apps not go on ext partition i install S2E from but when i try to install app my phone reboot. is there any other way to set app2sd

Edited by lesa0208