CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest teamtd11

So far I have had the phone on for 14 hours of normal use, In previous nightly builds i would of been down to 40-50% now I'm still on 85% :D

Guest gat2011
Did you flash at 100% or recalibrate? The standby time is definitely as good as FroYo if not better. I have almost 3 days on the new kernel btw.

Get the one from Eugene.

installed eugene's. thx - that is nice and smooth.

Guest paulocostavct

I have been using CM7 since Rc1 and n19 is surely. the best. It stopped having the call bug, still didn't have a screen geezer and the battery is getting better. I just want to say thanks to all of you guys that have been working on this and keep the good work.

Guest LordKickapoo

Got the loud volume problem in calls solved... Just have to during the call first put speaker volume as high as it gets and the put it lower and it started to work....

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I have been using CM7 since Rc1 and n19 is surely. the best. It stopped having the call bug, still didn't have a screen geezer and the battery is getting better. I just want to say thanks to all of you guys that have been working on this and keep the good work.

Notification led stays on (green), though, probably only when there was a notification (SMS in my case) before.

Guest tdroza

N19 (with patched boot.img for BT fix) is almost perfect for me now - just when I was considering switching back to MCR or FLB a couple of nighties are released that fixed (nearly) all my issues!.

The only problem I have with GPS was raised a few pages back, but I think it got lost amongst all the battery issues: For me, if I have GPS turned on and launch an app that uses GPS (like Google Maps), the icon will flash until it gets a lock, then will be solid. Now if I lose GPS lock, or exit Google Maps, or even if I disable GPS (using the notification power control), the solid GPS icon will not disappear. I get this on the Androidian, System and Honeybread themes so I don't think it's a theme issue, and I've had it since the first nightly build I installed about 2 weeks ago.

E.g. in the screenshots below, I've had GPS on, used maps, and now exited maps and turned off GPS (as indicated in the power control and Location & Security settings menu), but the icon still shows that GPS is locked on.

post-773184-1300200554_thumb.pngpost-773184-1300200570_thumb.png

Does anyone else get this issue, or know of a fix?

Guest chimas

Any Ideas when the next nightly is coming out? I am thinking of skipping the n19 as all it's bugs should be fixed in the next one.

Edited by chimas

Any Ideas when the next nightly is coming out? I am thinking of skipping the n19 as all it's bugs should be fixed in the next one.

Ya never know, the buildbot got a strange sense of humor ;-)

Guest paulocostavct

I didn't say that the rom is perfect but i use it on daily basis and the n19 it's the best. I don't use GPS because i don't need it so for me the important things are the battery drain and the calls bug that seems good. I used others like jj, flb and even modaco r12 but i loved cm7 since the rc1 despite all the bugs i still think it's the best one.

Guest reluctant_traveller

any idea when the final release is coming out? I am thinking of skipping the nightlies and RCs as all the bugs should be fixed in that one!

i.e. if anything is to be learnt from the previous 19 nightlies, don't assume that just because something works in the current build, a new bug or reversion won't be introduced into the next.

As an example, wifi, gps and bluetooth have all had bugs introduced in later nightlies that did not exist in previous ones.

any idea when the final release is coming out? I am thinking of skipping the nightlies and RCs as all the bugs should be fixed in that one!

Agreed, but if we don't volunteer to test there'll be even more bugs, and those fixed later.

Guest lesa0208
Yep. Update. It was fixed in Nightly 19 released yesterday. :D

I am using nightly 19 release, rom see my ext3 but apps not go on ext partition

As an example, wifi, gps and bluetooth have all had bugs introduced in later nightlies that did not exist in previous ones.

These bugs are all sorted out with the experimental kernel by bl1nk. N19 plus this kernel fix is just one step away of a real release candidate for the Blade. Even I gave that a try. I didn't regret it at all. So, give it a go. :D

Edited by bhf

Guest tomc123

i.e. if anything is to be learnt from the previous 19 nightlies, don't assume that just because something works in the current build, a new bug or reversion won't be introduced into the next.

itchy beard !

maybe its about time i switched from Flb froyo 10b to this ????

Rule one of Cyanogenmod: Never ask for release dates! :D

I was not being serious, was just trying to emphasis the futility of asking when nightlies were being released, and assuming they would fix all woes.

Guest Roxxor91
I am using nightly 19 release, rom see my ext3 but apps not go on ext partition

youe messed things up between apps2sd by android and apps2sd by darktremor... The android apps2sd is fixed... if you want darktremors apps2sd you have to install it for yourself

These bugs are all sorted out with the experimental kernel by bl1nk. N19 plus this kernel fix is just one step away of a real release candidate for the Blade. Even I gave that a try. I didn't regret it at all. So, give it a go. :D

Just flashed the kernel fix during my last tea break, need to see if album art in lockscreen is back, it was lost somewhere between N8 and N15 for me.

Just flashed the kernel fix during my last tea break, need to see if album art in lockscreen is back, it was lost somewhere between N8 and N15 for me.

Artwork is back.

Any way to raise the artwork up?, as using the rotary style lockscreens, the artwork is covered by the unlock bar.

Guest kroyin

I hope that i am not the only one :D but i did a total fresh install of FLB Froyo 10b & Nightly 19 (no modified kernel) and checked up the wifi connection using

Wifi Analyzer (Signal Strength) and Network Info II (Link Speed).

WIFI is slower & flaky on nightly 19 compared to FLB 10b (at least for me)