CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest chimas
any idea when the final release is coming out? I am thinking of skipping the nightlies and RCs as all the bugs should be fixed in that one!

i.e. if anything is to be learnt from the previous 19 nightlies, don't assume that just because something works in the current build, a new bug or reversion won't be introduced into the next.

As an example, wifi, gps and bluetooth have all had bugs introduced in later nightlies that did not exist in previous ones.

That was uncalled For mate. :D but you do make some good point.

Agreed, but if we don't volunteer to test there'll be even more bugs, and those fixed later.

True. I guess we are like their guinea pigs. :( They make a fresh batch, we test it out and tell them if it's good.

Guest DonJamal

Wow i flashed the bluetooth fixed kernel and my battery drains out so fast. 10minutes 10% drain...with stock kernel it was good.. i think i will flash back the stock kernel.

Guest targetbsp
Not until Random Reboots and Touchscreen Freezes are solved :(

How often do people get the random reboots that are affected? I've never had one.

I've only had 2 touchscreen freezes - but I don't play PES. :D Game Dev Story goes for hours without issue. :( I get the touchscreen freezes far less frequently than I do superuser issues in the froyos and the touchscreen freezes are quicker to resolve than superuser making this rom less buggy for my use than Froyo. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest lesa0208
youe messed things up between apps2sd by android and apps2sd by darktremor... The android apps2sd is fixed... if you want darktremors apps2sd you have to install it for yourself

i install darktremors 2.7.5.2-1 app2sd but same thing

Guest reluctant_traveller
How often do people get the random reboots that are affected? I've never had one.

I've only had 2 touchscreen freezes - but I don't play PES. :( Game Dev Story goes for hours without issue. :( I get the touchscreen freezes far less frequently than I do superuser issues in the froyos and the touchscreen freezes are quicker to resolve than superuser making this rom less buggy for my use than Froyo. :D

Only 2 reboots, and they both happened when I left the USB storage mode on whilst at lunch (syncing over loads of MP3s) and then woke the screen up - instant reboot.

I should try that again and see if it still exists in this nightly.

Guest andycanada

I've only had 2 touchscreen freezes - but I don't play PES. :( Game Dev Story goes for hours without issue. :( I get the touchscreen freezes far less frequently than I do superuser issues in the froyos and the touchscreen freezes are quicker to resolve than superuser making this rom less buggy for my use than Froyo. :D

I hadn't had any random reboots until n19. Well, it doesn't actually reboot but just turns off randomly. This has happened twice since yesterday morning. Touchscreen freezes I've only had a few, but I don't play any of the games that people say causes freezes all the time.

Guest steveuk1981

Im running rc 2 at the mo, gonna move on to n19 today. Do i still have to Wipe data/ do a factory reset before i install n19 ? cheers

Guest gsam101

Is it me, or the battery life (with n19 and the kernel for Bluetooth Fix) is way worse than in FLB Froyo.. ? My phone doesn't last the day...

Guest Yucca

I have been on RC2 for a while and only annoying bug I've found has been the reboot/black screen that comes when charging. Basically the same that some have reported. Phone is on charger and when you remove the usb cord and wake the screen, the phone reboots or stucks at black screen.

Have to try the same when nightly 20 emerges, don't have the time test all nightlies.

Guest ThrashMan
Is it me, or the battery life (with n19 and the kernel for Bluetooth Fix) is way worse than in FLB Froyo.. ? My phone doesn't last the day...

It's you :D

But to be honest everyone's phone is probably set up a little differently. Some people flash N19 over N18 etc and some do full wipe. Some install all their favourite apps back on some test the bare ROM.

Unless everyone uses exactly the same set up the reports of battery drain speed are not camparable and kind of pointless.

That's not a dig at you by the way....just an observation.

For me, full wipe and standard N19. Google Lattitude updating my position (Maps is top battery user), Google calendar, contacts and email syncing as and when it does and after 22 hours and 8 minutes of being on battery I still have 57% left.

Maybe if people want to tell us all about their battery use they could give a clear picture of how they installed the ROM and what else they installed on top that might effect battery?

[/rant]

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Im running rc 2 at the mo, gonna move on to n19 today. Do i still have to Wipe data/ do a factory reset before i install n19 ? cheers

No, just wipe cache + dalvik cache.

I usually wipe battery stats as well, but that's not essential.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
For me, full wipe and standard N19. Google Lattitude updating my position (Maps is top battery user), Google calendar, contacts and email syncing as and when it does and after 22 hours and 8 minutes of being on battery I still have 57% left.

I upgraded to N19 + BT fix about 30 hours ago, BT active most of the time (24 hours, only turned it off

for ca. 6 hours while sleeping), one phone call of ca. 7 minutes, battery down from 56% to 42%

so lost 14% in 30 hours, which is extremely positive compared to earlier CM7 builds, I lost

more than that over night in flight mode before N19 ...

Guest gsam101

Mh.. Maybe it's the fact that i use the phone a lot and I use the MP3 Player 1~2 hours.. I'm gonna make more tests tommorow. I didn't last 12h on battery (which is, in fact, the time i need it to last..). I'll try again.