CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest flashprince

The 180 degree rotatoror doesn't work for me. This bug for me? You can use it. N19 and i just upgrade. I didn't make full flash.

Guest simonckenyon

installed n19 when it came out and my phone was crashing all over the place.

reverted to n17 and all was well again.

going to try n21 this morning. here's hoping!

And I wish I was on the n17

Stone walls and the grass is green

Travelling with just my thoughts and dreams

Guest targetbsp
Although, I dunno if it's just me, the Wifi indicator / battery icon (etc) seem to have problems changing from a white colour when I initially install CM7.

My understanding is that it's white when you have no connection to google. Either because you have no data connection or, most likely as you say when you initially installed, you haven't signed into your google account yet?

Guest samjam
I would guess that you would install it through recovery mode and allow Clockwork to install it from there..?

Thatsm and goatee also and others who helped. I ought to have guessed... it ought to be on post 1 too.

Guest Scoopading
My understanding is that it's white when you have no connection to google. Either because you have no data connection or, most likely as you say when you initially installed, you haven't signed into your google account yet?
That might well be.. Thanks for the tip off! I doubt I'd have realized that on my own.. I'll keep a look out for that in my next install :D

Guest juniperz

Travelling with just my thoughts and dreams

Ah, a long time since I have heard the Saw Doctors... I am sure I have the CD somewhere... :D

Guest targetbsp
That might well be.. Thanks for the tip off! I doubt I'd have realized that on my own.. I'll keep a look out for that in my next install :D

Having said that though, I left my phone alone a while while it installed the latest nightly and when I came back it was long since done and was green before I'd signed in. :S Could still be no data connection? I mean it's definitely grey with no data or wifi connection - I'm just wondering if you had otherwise. A data connection and it still grey.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest pellen

Hmm, just had a random, err...shutdown. Heard the phone vibrate, and when i tried to wake the screen nothing happend. Then I hold down the power button and then the little green droid showed up. :D

Guest The Soup Thief

My GPS was very shakey on n19 - just got an accurate fix (indoors! N19 didn't work outdoors) with n21

Bluetooth fine too

Addition of a working FM radio would make this the perfect Wed... etc

Guest simonckenyon
Hmm, just had a random, err...shutdown. Heard the phone vibrate, and when i tried to wake the screen nothing happend. Then I hold down the power button and then the little green droid showed up. :D

happened to me all day yesterday with n19. went back to n17.

Guest Pelemane
ROM Manager screwed up my clockwork-recovery. Had to use fastboot to install another one, just a warning to other 5MP blade owners.

Not 5MP problem cause it has always worked perfectly on my 5MP Blade.

Guest Saransh Agarwal
My GPS was very shakey on n19 - just got an accurate fix (indoors! N19 didn't work outdoors) with n21

Bluetooth fine too

Addition of a working FM radio would make this the perfect Wed... etc

YA MAN DESPERATELY WAITING FOR FM REST IS OK

EXCELLENT ROM I MUST SAY

Guest jayhix

ok i cant receive texts now with n19, i dont know whats happened was working fine but from last night about 10 o clock and still now i can send texts but not receive them, another thing thats annoying me is the vibration when your using the phone everytime i take it away from my face! argh! that was irritating :|

guna upgrade to n21 hope it fixes probs

Guest Scoopading
Having said that though, I left my phone alone a while while it installed the latest nightly and when I came back it was long since done and was green before I'd signed in. :S Could still be no data connection? I mean it's definitely grey with no data or wifi connection - I'm just wondering if you had otherwise. A data connection and it still grey.

Yes, I've had everything enabled and wifi actually connected but still got the grey icons. So it's not related to the usual behviour you're talking about (where it stays grey with no wifi etc). Tried switching themes back and forth to get it to start working and still nothing. Stayed like that after reboots too. However, once it starts working, it seems to stay working, as long as you're connected to wifi etc. So it seems like its something related to the initial install. I didn't think to link it to something like no sign in on the Google account, so I'll check that next time..

Guest devilkazuya

Reporting N21

Full wipe, Flashed N21 + GAPPS and this is what i have concluded so far:

Bluetooth: Works (turning on/off)

GPS: Works (switching on/off without restarting the phone, when switching it off, the gps lock icon might still blink for a while but eventually it goes away)

Proximity: Made couple of calls seems fine really

Battery Life: Cant report this as of yet because i have been backing up/restoring through clockwork/titanium.

Lag: ADW launcher seems less laggy, i use launcher pro which seems alot better on the app drawer but homescreen has still slight lag but its definately an improvement from N19.

Linpack score: 7.236 in 11.59 secs compares to N19 5.2 in 12 secs

Possibly the best Nightly so far.

thanks

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest geegeethatsme
Yes, I've had everything enabled and wifi actually connected but still got the grey icons. So it's not related to the usual behviour you're talking about (where it stays grey with no wifi etc). Tried switching themes back and forth to get it to start working and still nothing. Stayed like that after reboots too. However, once it starts working, it seems to stay working, as long as you're connected to wifi etc. So it seems like its something related to the initial install. I didn't think to link it to something like no sign in on the Google account, so I'll check that next time..

D'oh. I'd noticed the white/green changes in the icons, but just put it down to random activity. Mine stays white until I'm 'actively' on Google i.e. web searching, then goes to green.

Oh, and I'm on N19 installed over N17. full wipe, Battery/BT fix and with some minor tweaks to the CM7 zip file - extracted ADW, Car Home, e-Mail apps and added stock Launcher-2. Apps restored faultlessly over Titanium. Excellent battery life and smooth transitions. No freezes or reboots. BT works, GPS works, prox works. I'll check out N21 tonight once home.

Guest samjam

My Jabra BT620s will connect for phone-audio but not for A2DP -always "connecting...." - the stock 2.1 was fine, but Pauls MCR r12 has the same problem...

it works with my car-kit though

N21 looks very promising. This could be the real deal. And look at the calendar ... :D

Proximity, bluetooth and GPS work all flawlessly.

No reboots, no shut downs. At least so far.

Battery life looks fine, too.

Since I use Launcher2 from Eugene there is no lag whatsoever in this departement.

I am very happy with this development.

Guest Roo13

Hi,

Although, I dunno if it's just me, the Wifi indicator / battery icon (etc) seem to have problems changing from a white colour when I initially install CM7. Eventually it will change the colour, but I haven't figured out why it sometimes won't despite setting it and rebooting etc.

I've noticed the same behaviour on RC2: wifi and 2G icons turn green together as 2G is usually white but when wifi is off and if i activate wifi they turn green both...i think it has something to see with SIP because if i try to make a call while wifi is on and connected, the only choice i got is to choose between "embedded SIP" and "CSipSimple" (which is my SIP app), i can't choose 2G call whether i've set a SIP account in gingerbread or not..This way i can't call through 2G with wifi on...

BTW with the same parameters in my app and embedded SIP, only my app works...i wished i could use the embedded one..

I'm going to give a try to n21, which seems wonderful (thanks to it's contributors) and give a feedback

Any clues..?

Edited by Roo13

Guest nerfus

Don't know if this has been brought up before but I've had trouble connecting to my home and work wifi networks.

I couldn't connect using WEP as my key, however, if I changed them to wpa/wpa2 psk they'd connect without a hitch.

Just thought I'd bring that up just incase some people have trouble with their wifi.

Had this problem since N19.

Guest Simon O
Hi,

I've noticed the same behaviour on RC2: wifi and 2G icons turn green together as 2G is usually white but when wifi is off and if i activate wifi they turn green both...i think it has something to see with SIP because if i try to make a call while wifi is on and connected, the only choice i got is to choose between "embedded SIP" and "CSipSimple" (which is my SIP app), i can't choose 2G call whether i've set a SIP account in gingerbread or not..This way i can't call through 2G with wifi on...

BTW with the same parameters in my app and embedded SIP, only my app works...i wished i could use the embedded one..

I'm going to give a try to n21, which seems wonderful (thanks to it's contributors) and give a feedback

Any clues..?

The green icons indicate that you are connected to google services. Log in to google talk once and it'll be fine.

Guest arpakyna
Lag: ADW launcher seems less laggy, i use launcher pro which seems alot better on the app drawer but homescreen has still slight lag but its definately an improvement from N19.

I've noticed same thing. On FLB G2 R8-10b LaucherPro always was super smooth scrolling between homescreens. On N19-21 it's laggy/jerky. Overall CM7 seems slower than FLB as well, even though quadrant says differently.

Is hardware acceleration enabled on CM7, and if not, what line on what file should be changed? Also, is there AHB overclocking on CM7?

Guest Scoopading
D'oh. I'd noticed the white/green changes in the icons, but just put it down to random activity. Mine stays white until I'm 'actively' on Google i.e. web searching, then goes to green.

I've just checked and it appears that the change in status bar icon colours is related to disabling the Background data option in the Accounts & Sync settings menu.

So it might not be directly related to Google. Although, if you've installed the Google Market, it wants background data turned on to work and will connect to Google in the background, even if you think you're not using any Google services.

So I'm not sure if this one is regarded as a Cyanogen bug or an actual feature?! Personally I don't think something should have the ability to change the colour of your status bar themes just because you don't have background data enabled and/or aren't connected to Google!

Edited by Scoopading

Guest arpakyna
Not 5MP problem [that ROM Manager install non-working clockword-recovery) cause it has always worked perfectly on my 5MP Blade.

Seems like it could be working for me now too.. I installed 3.0.1.4 clockwork manually via fastboot and this is the first time ROM Manager has acknowledged that I even have clockwork installed. The one it tried to download ad install was 3.0.0.7 (of which I haven't seen blade spesific file around anywhere) that buggered my recovery. So all and all, not a 5MP problem but something else weird.

Guest css771
I've just checked and it appears that the change in status bar icon colours is related to disabling the Background data option in the Accounts & Sync settings menu.

So it might not be directly related to Google. Although, if you've installed the Google Market, it wants background data turned on to work and will connect to Google in the background, even if you think you're not using any Google services.

So I'm not sure if this one is regarded as a Cyanogen bug or an actual feature?! Personally I don't think something should have the ability to change the colour of your status bar themes just because you don't have background data enabled and/or aren't connected to Google!

It's not a cm7 thing. It's a gingerbread thing. The signal bars turn green whenever the phone is connected to Google's servers.