CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Yep that's what I get if I go back to MCr12...

I'm on N21, using the charger shipping with the Blade, so the Blade showing "charging from USB"

while connected to mains is a bit strange, especially when it's ok for you on FroYo.

Guest Rotmann
Well this sucks, third time the phone shuts down since this morning :/

You are definitely doing something wrong or have some crazy app, I have never seen this on my CM7 and I stress it quite a lot.

Proximity not working for me even with the tick :x Any tips on a fix? I was on a call and when the person hung up my phone totally black screened, had to take the battery out in order for it to restart.

Did you try on the stock settings? Or tick "Always use proximity" and untick "In Call UI" and restart? Or tick "Always use proximity" and "In call UI" and restart?

I'll have to flash this to 6 devices of friends and family, does anyone know if backups can be moved from one device to another safely? I'd like to set one of them up completely (CM7 + Wifi Fix + a few apps) and then clone it.

Awesome progress on CM7, it is now time for me to switch from JJ.

Wifi Fix is not needed anymore, on stock settings CM7 connects every time, very fast. Configure one device, do a nandroid backup and clone on 6 devices. Do not log in to google services though.

This may sound dumb but how do I do a full wipe, don't want to break my phone

Go read the FAQs. Seriously.

so still random screen freees (whatever that means?) and random shutdowns/reboots? doesn't sound like its close to ready for mass consumption yet :/

missing features like radio and tethering less important, just has to be stable for everyone who uses this as their primary phone.

Seems like some people are doing something wrong, either some crazy apps or not trying to wipe. This ROM is pretty much perfect for me, gonna install it on my wife's SanFran too I guess (hope she won't kill me :D ). Someone wrote that the smartass governor is already included, I thought it was experimental and hadn't been merged it, can someone confirm this?

Edited by Rotmann

Back on topic, CM7 nightly 21 is superb. No issues with it at all.

Alas, I've just noticed that my green led (back button) is continuously on. I don't know how it happened, connecting the phone to usb fixed it though.

Alas, I've just noticed that my green led (back button) is continuously on. I don't know how it happened, connecting the phone to usb fixed it though.

Had the same yesterday after having received a SMS, notification stayed on even after

having cleared the notifications, "solved" it with a reboot.

This may sound dumb but how do I do a full wipe, don't want to break my phone

In ClockWork Mod -> advanced -> wipe system & data.

And no, that can't "break it", you'll always be able to get back into CWM and update.

Guest simonckenyon

just tried the gps on n21

got a lock in 9 seconds

that is pretty much a record for this phone

excellent!

but i did get hit with a lockup on disconnecting usb. drat and double drat.

Guest sydeu
Replace system\lib\hw\sensors.default.so with the one from Japanese Jellyfish. It will be fixed in the coming nightly if it gets merged on time.

How do i go about replacing this? i have the jj file on my sdcard but at least with astro i get an error when trying to delete the sensors file so i can't replace it.

And btw n21 seems awesome though i did get higher quadrant scores with n19 that's a little weird but we'll see after some more testing

How do i go about replacing this? i have the jj file on my sdcard but at least with astro i get an error when trying to delete the sensors file so i can't replace it.

Just copy from the JJ zip to the CM7 zip and update again, that's about the easiest path.

Guest muller37

only issues i've had so far is red led on back button stuck on till re-boot and alarm went off this morning with no sound. luckily i magically woke up after 8 mins to see it asking to dismiss with no sound. hopefully this is just a setting malfunction as i was playing with the silent hours option. anyone know if this works ok?

Guest sydeu
Just copy from the JJ zip to the CM7 zip and update again, that's about the easiest path.

so i'll replace it in the zip which i install, i can't do it when it's already installed then?

Guest targetbsp
only issues i've had so far is red led on back button stuck

I had that as a result of a missed text just now and also had to reboot. Thinking about its probably cause I previewed the text in sms popup rather than reading it properly. Have the days passed where we need noled for missed notifications then? :D

Edited by targetbsp

so i'll replace it in the zip which i install, i can't do it when it's already installed then?

Don't think the file manager will allow you to do it, did you try to

su & copy from the Terminal Emulator ?

I had that as a result of a missed text just now and also had to reboot.

Posted it to the nightlies thread to (hopefully) make the devs aware of it.

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Guys help i dont know phone was good till n 19

flashed n21 with full wipe

reboot 3 times in an hour

gps erratic

proximity sensor not working

battery draining like hell

phone too slowed down

WAS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE FLASHING OR SOMETHING ????????????

Guest Blues003
Posted it to the nightlies thread to (hopefully) make the devs aware of it.

There's already a "Random Runtime Crashes" issue on the CM Bug Tracker, although it's on the "Stale Issue" status. Perhaps logcats from RC2 would help them deal with this issue?

Seriously. This and random touchscreen freezes are the only thing keeping me from jumping.

Guest sydeu
Don't think the file manager will allow you to do it, did you try to

su & copy from the Terminal Emulator ?

i'm not very good with terminals so haven't tried that, will probably flash it again instead with the file copied into the zip, seems like an easier way for me actually :D

thanks for your help!

edit: just replaced the file in the zip file, shouldn't be any problmes flashing with that right? someone on page 33 said this is a way to fix the accelerometer which i have had problems with.

Edited by sydeu

Guest reluctant_traveller

gps erratic

phone too slowed down

Did you restore anything with Titanium backup?

What GPS utilising app are you experiencing the problems with.

Have you tried using the proximity testing app to see if the proximity sensor is detecting properly?

Are the reboots repeatable? What apps were being used at the time?

What widgets are you using?

How do you gauge the slowdown of the phone? have you tried increasing the minimum clock speed? Are the power management settings set too aggressively?

how long did you charge the battery for? over what period of time are you basing your observation on?

Edited by reluctant_traveller

gps erratic

phone too slowed down

If you didn't fiddle with the zip and wiped then no, most likely not an issue with the update.

Did you restore any apps afterwards ?

Guest Oyorf

Now with N21 proximity should work as I have read, but is it working by default or do I need to change these always use proximity or some other settings?

Guest Stuart_f
Configure one device, do a nandroid backup and clone on 6 devices.

I'm pretty sure someone tried this before and ended up cloning the MAC addresses of the wireless cards so the devices all conflicted with each other on the same network.

Guest ambak

oops phone switched off again on its own .... :D

this text might help somebody ??

03-16 17:24:49.318: DEBUG/KeyguardViewMediator(228): wakeWhenReadyLocked(4)

03-16 17:24:49.318: INFO/power(228): *** set_screen_state 1

03-16 17:24:49.318: ERROR/Sensors(228): alsprox sensors_control_activate active=00000000 sensor=00000020 new_sensors=20 changed=20

03-16 17:24:49.347: ERROR/Sensors(228): alsprox sensors_control_activate active=00000020 sensor=00000002 new_sensors=22 changed=2

03-16 17:24:49.347: INFO/ActivityManager(228): No longer want com.android.vending (pid 735): hidden #16

03-16 17:24:49.547: DEBUG/dalvikvm(228): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 410K, 43% free 6270K/10887K, external 5008K/5152K, paused 158ms

03-16 17:24:49.547: WARN/ActivityManager(228): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.vending/.util.AlarmService in 5000ms

03-16 17:24:49.697: DEBUG/SurfaceFlinger(228): Screen about to return, flinger = 0x93560

03-16 17:24:55.017: DEBUG/dalvikvm(2433): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 50% free 3443K/6791K, external 0K/0K, paused 131ms

03-16 17:24:55.077: INFO/power(228): *** set_screen_state 0

03-16 17:24:55.077: DEBUG/SurfaceFlinger(228): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x93560

03-16 17:24:55.087: ERROR/Sensors(228): alsprox sensors_control_activate active=00000022 sensor=00000020 new_sensors=2 changed=20

03-16 17:24:55.097: ERROR/Sensors(228): alsprox sensors_control_activate active=00000002 sensor=00000002 new_sensors=0 changed=2

03-16 17:25:02.867: DEBUG/dalvikvm(228): Debugger has detached; object registry had 1 entries

Guest chimas

Okay seriously, How in the would did they manage to release two nightlys in the time it took me to go to sleep, wake up and get online.:D You people a freaks in the nicest possible way. :(

Edited by chimas