CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

ok just another user's observations (TFT, originally on B10):

1. I have a spare SF to do all development on so I've been loading CM7 on since N12 and doing cache wipes on every new nightly, all generic with no kernal modifications.

2. Have never loaded gapps, wanted to keep as vanilla as poss and also reduce any app issues.

3. Only apps loaded are ESFile EXplorer, LauncherPro, sysinfo, GPS Test and HomeSwitcher for Froyo.

4. Have never logged into google, reason being that once its stable i want to Nandroid that copy onto my day phone.

5. After each nightly i stress test it by diong wifi browsing, SMS and calls.

What I got so far:

6. Since N19, battery has improved tremendously.

7. Never had reboots or a freeze, until i loaded an app (GPS test) to test the GPS, then had it once.

8. Latest (N21) keeps my LED lit on receiving SMS until I actually read it (using vanilla message utility), after that the LED goes off.Phone still sleeps correctly, i.e. i cannot wake it up with any of the buttons except the power button.

9. GPS working great (using GPS Test app) and only via satellites, i.e. I do not use Wifi or AGPS localising. GPS icon a bit 'lazy' to appear and disappear when switching on/off either via settings or app controller. Waiting around 15-20 secs however results in what is expected.

10. Wifi working good also, although I never do re-connects as I do all my wifi work and then just down the wifi connection and leave HSDPA on to test battery.

11. sysinfo shows 289 and 162MB available on a reboot.

12. Have both ADW and LauncherPro installed, LPro seems smoother and the one used.

I also removed CMWallpapers, ROMManager and FileManager from the flash, I saved the extracted CMWallpapers to a directory on my SDcard, saving over 7MB from phone memory.

Carrier (mine is O2) still shows 'Telefonica O2 UK Limited|', with the tide char at the end. Thought this may be because phone was originally left locked (in case i needeed to return it) but have sinced unlocked it and the op display is still the same -not a biggie but would be nice to be fixed.

All in all the rom is performing really well and has come a long way in a short time. My day phone runs JJFS rls9 and that has been really reliable for me, but the mods on CM7 are just too good to resist for too long !

Congrats to all helping to evolve this great rom ! :D

Edited by xzyk

Guest robinhud2010

Yoohoo! Another big bag of fixes!

Special thanks to Tom_G, Jacob, flib and Frankish for the wonderful job. Guess we can expect the final build in a couple of weeks :D

Yoohoo! Another big bag of fixes!

Special thanks to Tom_G, Jacob, flib and Frankish for the wonderful job. Guess we can expect the final build in a couple of weeks :D

Oh. Where? Doesn't seem to have appeared on the Blade Github...

Guest haxxbaxx
In ClockWork Mod -> advanced -> wipe system & data.

And no, that can't "break it", you'll always be able to get back into CWM and update.

thanks

When you plug the phone into a USB port on pc, the settings\about phone\status shows as "Charging (AC)" and then changes to "Charging (USB)" after less than a second. Same happens when plugging into mains powered USB charger (even a maximum 1Amp one).

I'm running N21 after a full wipe. I've got the same problem, and I can make it occur with a repeatable sequence.

The first time I plug the phone into the mains charger it shows "Charging (AC)" and charges at the normal rate. But after it's been plugged into a USB port, it always switches rapidly to "Charging (USB)" on the mains charger, exactly as redironman describes. A reboot resets things so it charges normally with the mains charger again, until the next time it's connected to a USB port.

Can others try this sequence and see if it's a universal problem?

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
how do i do a full wipe? dont wanna brick my phone

Am I talking chinese ?

I said, on the previous page:

In ClockWork Mod -> advanced -> wipe system & data.

And no, that can't "break it", you'll always be able to get back into CWM and update.

Guest reluctant_traveller
how do i do a full wipe? dont wanna brick my phone

Boot in to recovery mode (clockworkmod recovery)

Scroll down menu to 'wipe data/factory reset' and execute

Scroll down to 'wipe cache partition' and execute

Scroll down to 'advanced' then go to 'wipe dalvik cache' and execute.

Thats a full wipe. You may get away with a partial wipe, in which case do not use the 'wipe data/factory reset' option

This is using clockworkmod v3.0.0.6 so the menu names may of changed in the later version.

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest fonix232
Boot in to recovery mode (clockworkmod recovery)

Scroll down menu to 'wipe data/factory reset' and execute

Scroll down to 'wipe cache partition' and execute

Scroll down to 'advanced' then go to 'wipe dalvik cache' and execute.

Thats a full wipe. You may get away with a partial wipe, in which case do not use the 'wipe data/factory reset' option

This is using clockworkmod v3.0.0.6 so the menu names may of changed in the later version.

Actually the first one will be enough, it wipes dalvik cache and cache too.

Guest Saransh Agarwal
Did you restore anything with Titanium backup?

What GPS utilising app are you experiencing the problems with.

Have you tried using the proximity testing app to see if the proximity sensor is detecting properly?

Are the reboots repeatable? What apps were being used at the time?

What widgets are you using?

How do you gauge the slowdown of the phone? have you tried increasing the minimum clock speed? Are the power management settings set too aggressively?

how long did you charge the battery for? over what period of time are you basing your observation on?

Ya I did use titanium backup

Reboots r repeating many times after scrreen wakeup nd connecting charger

No heavi widget just anaogous clock nd power amp player

Phone responding slower than before

very selective apps only handful games, ofcourde google apps nd totanium backup etc.

Any idea????

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Ya I did use titanium backup

Reboots r repeating many times after scrreen wakeup nd connecting charger

No heavi widget just anaogous clock nd power amp player

Phone responding slower than before

very selective apps only handful games, ofcourde google apps nd totanium backup etc.

Any idea????

Try a vanilla installtion of N21, let it settle for a while, see if it still reboots and/or sucks battery.

If it doesn't, which I assume will be the case, restore your apps selectively, one by one,

and find out which one breaks it.

Guest Pirttila

Almost perfect ROM, just new and annoying problem...

I had 3 reboot's today too, the first time since RC1. Phone vibrate and then reboot or shut down. I don't do anything with phone, it is just on the table. :D

Edited by Pirttila

Guest Frankish

I think people need to provide as many logs as possible for screen freeze and reboot issues now. After that most parts are small fixes and enhancements!

Guest chimas
I think people need to provide as many logs as possible for screen freeze and reboot issues now. After that most parts are small fixes and enhancements!

This is gonna sound a bit silly but do you need the logcat app in order to create logcats.

The first time I plug the phone into the mains charger it shows "Charging (AC)" and charges at the normal rate. But after it's been plugged into a USB port, it always switches rapidly to "Charging (USB)" on the mains charger, exactly as redironman describes.

Can others try this sequence and see if it's a universal problem?

Yes, same here

Guest simonckenyon

my wife said to me this evening: "your phone is not working"

every time she rang me it would do about a half a ring and then give a weird fault tone

oh dear i thought (well something like that)

rebooted her SF (running sebastian404's 2.1 deorgangated rom)

i could ring her. she could ring other numbers. WTF

lot of head scratching. not seen this as a problem with n21.

ding! had i blacklisted here somehow. yes i had.

problem solved.

Guest haxxbaxx
my wife said to me this evening: "your phone is not working"

every time she rang me it would do about a half a ring and then give a weird fault tone

oh dear i thought (well something like that)

rebooted her SF (running sebastian404's 2.1 deorgangated rom)

i could ring her. she could ring other numbers. WTF

lot of head scratching. not seen this as a problem with n21.

ding! had i blacklisted here somehow. yes i had.

problem solved.

i had the same problem, how i unblacklist?

This is gonna sound a bit silly but do you need the logcat app in order to create logcats.

You can do it using the terminal emulator, or preferably using adb shell.

Guest marcodassi

Another GPS issue, I think...

1. tested on freshly wiped phone with N21 and no kernel patches etc.

2. GPS on/off/on/off is working nice

3. "GPS Status & Toolbox 3.7" does the fix, however, time after time, position update (and compass too) seems more and more slower... (especially if you quit and relaunch the program) - ALSO, seems that fixing draws a LOT of battery... like 5% in 4 minutes only (yes, first fix was that slow!...)

4. With "Sygic Aura 2.1.2", you can watch yourself "frogging" on the street while driving... it seems that position update is really slow

any other with this issue?

BTW, GREAT battery life!!! over 48 hours of normal use and still at 8% :D :(

cheers

Edited by marcodassi

Guest Len Ash
You can do it using the terminal emulator, or preferably using adb shell.

No go with Launcher2 via CW. Will try ADB....

CM7 21 - Wifi still not reconnecting, USB storage FC still from Notification drawer, autobrightness still "sticking" at high brightness levels until power cycled. GPS OUTSIDE took 11 minutes to get first fix!

EDIT: Launcher2 won't install via ADB or load when pushed:

Error Install Parse Failed No Certificates

Edited by Len Ash