CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Roxxor91
But you dont get the customisation you get with the adw luncher. any alternatives anyone??

I dont have a device at the moment, so i cant tet it for myself, but you could test launcher pro...

Guest chimas
I dont have a device at the moment, so i cant tet it for myself, but you could test launcher pro...

That was no good the last time I used it. But maybe it's better with this build....

Guest stephen m

Hi guys, I've downloaded Nightly21, and copied it over to the phone. But is wont copy files. It states installation aborted. Any ideas why?

Edited by stephen m

Guest chimas
Hi guys, I've downloaded Nightly21, and copied it over to the phone. But is wont copy files. It states installation aborted. Any ideas why?

Wipe you Cache and Delvik cache. if that dont work back up your apps and do a full wipe. I use to happen to me alot and doing a full wipe always fixes it.

Guest dibbles
I dont mean to be a pessimist but have you read the latest review for this app??

I'm going to try luncher pro and Iclone.

Nothing to lose in trying it out..? I'm using it and it is great, albeit not on the ROM. I much prefer it over others and read this review of many launchers here...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Droid-Home-Replace...-App-Comparison

it comes out on top..!!!

Pros: Scrollable dock with 15 shortcuts, task manager in the app drawer, themes... everything?

Cons: I really can't think of any right now

Rating: 9.5 out of 10

Verdict: if you want themes AND LauncherPro capabilities this is the app to get

I have found it to be very responsive and easily customisable.

Edited by dibbles

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Are you, by any chance, running ClockWork Mod 2.5.1.x ?

You need to be on v3 (see first page of this thread)

Guest stephen m
Wipe you Cache and Delvik cache. if that dont work back up your apps and do a full wipe. I use to happen to me alot and doing a full wipe always fixes it.

Thanks. Tried that, but still aborted install. Will try Nightly20 and wait for Nightly22

Edited by stephen m

Guest chimas
Nothing to lose in trying it out..? I'm using it and it is great, albeit not on the ROM. I much prefer it over others and read this review of many launchers here...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Droid-Home-Replace...-App-Comparison

it comes out on top..!!!

I have found it to be very responsive and easily customisable.

True enough. Who knew they were that many luncher for the android. I will give it a go as I am liking the luncher pro at the moment.

Guest chimas
Thanks. Tried that, but still aborted install. Will try Nightly20 and wait for Nightly21

Someone else already said this but You should upgrade your clockwork to the lastest versoin. The easiest way to do this is to download rom manager. and then flash clockwork.

Guest eucurto
Another GPS issue, I think...

1. tested on freshly wiped phone with N21 and no kernel patches etc.

2. GPS on/off/on/off is working nice

3. "GPS Status & Toolbox 3.7" does the fix, however, time after time, position update (and compass too) seems more and more slower... (especially if you quit and relaunch the program) - ALSO, seems that fixing draws a LOT of battery... like 5% in 4 minutes only (yes, first fix was that slow!...)

4. With "Sygic Aura 2.1.2", you can watch yourself "frogging" on the street while driving... it seems that position update is really slow

any other with this issue?

BTW, GREAT battery life!!! over 48 hours of normal use and still at 8% :D :(

cheers

Sygic Aura is soooo beta... i cant believe they sell this program with so much bugs! Try their MobileMaps10 to compare!

Guest marcodassi
Sygic Aura is soooo beta... i cant believe they sell this program with so much bugs! Try their MobileMaps10 to compare!

Yes, it have a lot of bugs... but with nightly 8 it worked perfectly (really smooth point positioning / map scroll)

Edited by marcodassi

Guest Rotmann
This may sound dumb but how do I do a full wipe, don't want to break my phone

In ClockWork Mod -> advanced -> wipe system & data.

And no, that can't "break it", you'll always be able to get back into CWM and update.

how do i do a full wipe? dont wanna brick my phone

Any mods here to warn this n00b? :D But users who answer to these questions are responsible for that too, because you encourage them to ask basic questions instead of reading. Stop feeding the n00bs!

This wasn't my question, but out of interest, where are these FAQs you speak of? Seriously! I can't find them!

On the main blade forum, there are two Guides/FAQs

Guys help i dont know phone was good till n 19

flashed n21 with full wipe

reboot 3 times in an hour

gps erratic

proximity sensor not working

battery draining like hell

phone too slowed down

WAS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE FLASHING OR SOMETHING ????????????

Ya I did use titanium backup

Reboots r repeating many times after scrreen wakeup nd connecting charger

No heavi widget just anaogous clock nd power amp player

Phone responding slower than before

very selective apps only handful games, ofcourde google apps nd totanium backup etc.

Any idea????

@guys who encounter resets or shutdowns, don't restore any system/google apps, only user apps (games and apps from the market) or else you will f00k the system up. Try to wipe and restore either from the market directly (happens automatically but settings and game saves are not restored) or with titanium backup, but select carefully only user apps and games, which are also available in market, no system or google apps. You certainly do something wrong. And nobody has seen any logcats or last_kmsg, why don't you post them on the issue tracker, how do you want the devs to solve them if you don't contribute? Sheesh.

Okay seriously, How in the would did they manage to release two nightlys in the time it took me to go to sleep, wake up and get online.:( You people a freaks in the nicest possible way. :(

They aren't generated by hand, a build bot does this automatically.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest requies

I decided to flash 21 this morning,

That killed the proximity sensor, i tried everything full wipe, bare rom, etc etc

then i went back to 19 still the same, the problem was an app (softkeys) which i decided to install again and again

Hope it helps someone

I will stay at 19 for a while, got my share of flashing today

Guest Len Ash
Shame... This looks so good, but i need to sell my t-mobile pulse first for £80

Best of luck with that....

Not sure what your point is though.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Rotmann

That killed the proximity sensor, i tried everything full wipe, bare rom, etc etc

then i went back to 19 still the same, the problem was an app (softkeys) which i decided to install again and again

Hope it helps someone

SoftKeys is crazy on me too and was on CM7 since RC1. I have contacted the dev with some logcats. Using button savior for now. Regarding proximity, tick "Always use proximity", untick "In call UI", restart try. If it does not work, tick "In call UI", restart, try. It should work in one of the two situations.

Rotmann. Thank you so much for being a mediator around here. I really should buck up my ideas and help out around here a bit :D

Get my de-noobing stick readied...

Guest t0mm13b

Hope it helps someone

Dunno mate... :D

I can indeed verify the proximity sensor and the code that helps it is indeed there... :(

did you not read the *entire* thread? :( (Don't say yes to this as obviously you didn't)

Guest mELIANTE

Could the proximity signals get interpreted in opposite ways by the phone app and the OS or something? Or maybe the part of the OS that informs that there is a proximity sensor is confused? I say this because the "Force touch UI" clearly states that it is for when there isn't a proximity sensor in the phone and from that I understand that, even if it isn't ticked, the touch UI should be enabled because there is a proximity sensor onboard.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest oh!dougal

Maybe a silly question.

This thing uses a bunch of proprietary (closed source) files in "as found" condition.

Apart from the magic cell radio lib (from Saunalahti) where have the rest come from?

Reason for asking is that I noted from a post on KK's Swedish Wednesday thread that CM7 does not check the 'network lock'.

Now, I'm pretty sure I remember that the prototype Froyo leaks didn't check the network lock.

And they had touchscreen freeze problems.

And GPS that (often as not) thought you were in Yorkshire.

CM7 hasn't got any vintage Froyo-leak bits in it, or has it?

CM7 hasn't got any vintage Froyo-leak bits in it, or has it?

Y'know, I wouldn't be half surprised

It does have a lot of the reccuring themes. However, they're subtley different. The screen locking up is different to in Froyo. In froyo, you had to the pull the battery, in CM, you only have to put it to sleep