CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Roo13
Proximity works properly on my OLED Blade running N19 and N22, but didn't work on N21 i.e. it only works when proximity.init isn't included. Seems as though this may not be true for the TFT version, however, given some comments.

As everything was fine for me before n21, i'm tempted to flash for the n22 as i do have an oled too

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
It seems to me that the N22 uses more battery than the n21, it's just mine?

Looks like it is, I installed N22 at 9:40 this morning and so far my Blade lost zero / nil / naught / nulo / 零 %

Guest marcodassi

GPS fix/slowness problem still present in N22

- turn on GPS

- launch "GPS status & Toolbox"

- it takes a lot of time for the first fix (and, it's not sure you get the fix, anyway), and it gets slower and slower; not only the GPS, but the compass too and the accelerometer / position sensor too (you can test it by moving / turning the phone, the readings getting slower)

- same if you use a navigation software; while running, your position is leaping on the street (about 5 - 10 meters, it seems)

- while getting the first fix (if you're lucky), the battery drainage is very very high

by the way, GPS on/off/on/off is working good

Maybe some problem with the sensors handling in the firmware?

Sorry to ask it again, but how can I help the developers to fix that thing? By logs? Just tell me how and I'll try to do my best! (Yeah, I bought the blade for the phone + GPS :D )

Cheers

Guest zorvalth
No, if you don't wipe, you don't need to re-install all the apps. But. . . you can get quirks appearing if you don't wipe. With Titanium backup, it doesn't take me all that long to restore all my apps - and it's a one click process, I just don't bother unless I find a real problem - e.g. proximity wasn't fixed for me in N19, so I did a full wipe, which then fixed it.

Thanks, which version of dark tremor do you use?

Guest samjam
perhaps if you reinstall gapps from first page

Which you do by booting into clockwork and install the zip as an update from your SD card.

Guest arvimartin

Using N21 and noticed that gps usage might be a cause for unintentional shutdowns. Used endomondo for tracking, worked flawlesly the whole time, disabled the gps after the training and let the phone into sleep-mode, after which some time it shuts down. Also has happened with gps status. Otherwise no random shutdowns, only after using gps. Dont have logs but if someone else could verify this.

naturally cm7 nightly installed after full wipe.

Edited by arvimartin

Guest reluctant_traveller

Perhaps we should mention screen type/original firmware version of phone when reporting problems in case an issue is related to the hardware itself.

For example, my phone is TFT/B08 and n21 proximity sensor works fine

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Perhaps we should mention screen type/original firmware version of phone when reporting problems in case an issue is related to the hardware itself.

For example, my phone is TFT/B08 and n21 proximity sensor works fine

How does one find out ?

A while ago I found a list of "secret commands" for the Blade, which worked to some

extent, but, for example, didn't give me the information about the screen type as

it should do ...

Guest geegeethatsme
N21 is working fine on my OLED

+1

And I recommend Link2SD (free from Market) to exploit App2SD capability on CM7. Simple to set up (after partitioning a candidate ext partition) and works flawlessly.

Guest forney27
Using N21 and noticed that gps usage might be a cause for unintentional shutdowns. Used endomondo for tracking, worked flawlesly the whole time, disabled the gps after the training and let the phone into sleep-mode, after which some time it shuts down. Also has happened with gps status. Otherwise no random shutdowns, only after using gps. Dont have logs but if someone else could verify this.

You are right!!!! thought I would give it a go, turned on GPS, went on google maps, and put the phone down. 15 minutes later, the phone rebooted itself. this is the first time Ive had the shutdown issue.

Guest Nudnik_de
I'm finding in the "About Phone " battery usage screen the majority of usage is from "WiFi" even though it's set to turn off when the screen is off and as far as I can tell it is turning itself off, but still seems to be using up battery. I installed N22 this morning and did a full wipe and it still seems to be the same.

Has anyone else noticed this? It does appear to be draining the battery quicker than with wifi turned off, but not by a massive amount.

I've encountered a similar issue with the spare parts - battery usage. Iit shows Wifi On and Wifi Running both at close to 100%. And this allthough Wifi is disabling when screen turns off. Had this on all Nightlies. Behavier is contrary to e.g. JJ9.

Nevertheless, battery consumption in general is fine, probably comparable to JJ9. But I haven't been able to monitor idle drain as I'm plugging every night due to heavy daily use

Guest Trademark-NRW

Totally agree.

Yesterday i thought the shutdowns were caused by Live Wallpaper but today it happened two times again and always after using an app that needs GPS.

Apps like navigation have no problem fixing GPS and using it, but after closing the apps the system shutdown.

Guest Trademark-NRW
Just opened maps. Going to see if it reboots...

I made this "experience" with navigon.

I've been asked to ask you to try this theme, if you encounter the reboot bug, please post ASAP, with last_kmsg!

Theme: http://bit.ly/eij4vJ

Who asked you to ask us? :D

Edited by Trademark-NRW

Guest muller37

i had a total shut down yesterday after using google nav for a bit. but as it was 5 to 10 mins after i put it down to a launcherpro force close issue i had.

Had no problems while nav was running and connected quicker than i'd ever seen before!

Guest Fairlight2x

I had shutdowns when I upgraded from N15 to 21. I have done full wipes and reflashes, then I upgraded to N22 this morning, but it still occurs. I suspected the shutdowns were being caused by Fancy Widget, so I wiped the phone, and and left it without installing anything else. The phone did not shutdown or reboot. I then installed Fancy Widget and nothing else and selected my normal settings, the phone then shut itself off after a few minutes.

Having read about the GPS issue, I disabled the GPS and location options in FW and so far, no shutdowns! :D So I have to agree, it seems it is the GPS and not the widgets causing the shutdowns.