CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Rotmann
I would love to try the wbaw mod but when I looked through the thread I felt well out of my depth - I'll have another look but there were lots of warnings about doing things wrong !!

I wish there was a decent guide on the subject of restoring for each of the major roms.

It's actually very simple and if you check the MD5 there's nothing to go wrong.

Any one having problems playing movie files?

No.

Guest themighysquitt
It's actually very simple and if you check the MD5 there's nothing to go wrong.

Sorry to sound like a noob, how do you check the MD5??

Update- I've just did some googling & downloaded a checksum program!!

Edited by themighysquitt

I know this probably won't effect everyone, but Autobrightness has started playing up again.

I used the fancy editor thing to restore the original values (9 levels instead of 5) and all seemed normal... except after a reboot it didn't take too kindly. The sensor kept on reading -1/-1, so I had to wait for that to sort itself out. When i thought it was ready, I saw it had got stuck at 19/19 and the screen occasionally flickered between the level set for 10 to 19, and the value for 20+. I have never encountered this before, and it's dreadfully off putting, having a flickering screen. Also, turning the filter on and off does nothing to help. Finally, all wiped before putting this ROM on, same behaviour in stock and Bl1nks kernel

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest SWOriginal

battery life is great in N22!

been 11hours since unplugged ... pretty heavy usage ( phone calls, Facebook to send messages all day, allot of web browsing, played a bit of gun bros, checked some news) and still have 30%!!

Sorry to sound like a noob, how do you check the MD5??

I use hashdroid from the market, it's very easy to use just calculate the md5 in 2nd tab and compare them in the third

Guest themighysquitt
I use hashdroid from the market, it's very easy to use just calculate the md5 in 2nd tab and compare them in the third

Thanx :D I might try that!!

Guest Len Ash
I know this probably won't effect everyone, but Autobrightness has started playing up again.

I used the fancy editor thing to restore the original values (9 levels instead of 5) and all seemed normal... except after a reboot it didn't take too kindly. The sensor kept on reading -1/-1, so I had to wait for that to sort itself out. When i thought it was ready, I saw it had got stuck at 19/19 and the screen occasionally flickered between the level set for 10 to 19, and the value for 20+. I have never encountered this before, and it's dreadfully off putting, having a flickering screen. Also, turning the filter on and off does nothing to help. Finally, all wiped before putting this ROM on, same behaviour in stock and Bl1nks kernel

It's been FUBAR since RC1. In fact, looking at the array values, it's now been destroyed!

The problem appears to be the settings "lock" at higher Lux levels and won't clear until power cycled. So even correcting the array values won't fix. I suspect the problem is minor in terms of other woes right now. (Like sh1T WiFi!!! - sorry had to slip pet hate no.1 in)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
The problem appears to be the settings "lock" at higher Lux levels and won't clear until power cycled. So even correcting the array values won't fix. I suspect the problem is minor in terms of other woes right now. (Like sh1T WiFi!!! - sorry had to slip pet hate no.1 in)

What's the issue with W1F1 ?

Don't have one.

Guest Len Ash

Don't have one.

4 of us have no reconnects - ever. Any router, any security, anywhere. Just like the bad old days of 2.1.

Guest targetbsp

Don't have one.

It's crap at auto-reconnecting when you unlock the phone for me!

4 of us have no reconnects - ever. Any router, any security, anywhere. Just like the bad old days of 2.1.

Make that 5 :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Len Ash
It's crap at auto-reconnecting when you unlock the phone for me!

A couple of posters *think* it is reconnecting because they still see the GBread Wifi icon in the notification bar..... nuff said.

Things are getting sorted though, so I fully expect this issue will too. One day.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Simon O

The number of arrays isn't the issue (and if you are changing this to add more fields you must ensure all sections have the same number of fields). The values are correct (I added them) and are based on the original ZTE values and compared with the Nexus One and z71. If you look at other devices you will see that, with the exception of config_autoBrightnessLevels (which has 4 arrays) all the others have 5.

The CMParts page for setting these was crashing in earlier builds because the original ZTE values were entered (which have the incorrect number of fields).

I should mention that the light sensor isn't brilliant on other devices either at the moment so I put this down to a problem in the CM code rather than the values we are using.

Guest Simon O
It's been FUBAR since RC1. In fact, looking at the array values, it's now been destroyed!

Why do u believe the values are destroyed and what you base that on? In advance if you are basing them on the ZTE roms then I'll politely tell you to FO since ZTE used too many fields :D

The issue with the autobrightness is something else not related to the values used. Basically it's s*** at the moment (screen is always dark). Does this on two devices I have.

Guest Len Ash
The number of arrays isn't the issue (and if you are changing this to add more fields you must ensure all sections have the same number of fields). The values are correct (I added them) and are based on the original ZTE values and compared with the Nexus One and z71. If you look at other devices you will see that, with the exception of config_autoBrightnessLevels (which has 4 arrays) all the others have 5.

The CMParts page for setting these was crashing in earlier builds because the original ZTE values were entered (which have the incorrect number of fields).

I should mention that the light sensor isn't brilliant on other devices either at the moment so I put this down to a problem in the CM code rather than the values we are using.

The arrays *should* have at least 8 output steps and 7 "input" for the sensor. For smooth transitions, there *should* be least 9 sensor and 10 output. The TAOS ambient light sensor implementation is poor on these devices (nothing wrong with the device) and it appears that ZTE have simply nicked some values from somewhere that sort-of worked in an evaluation model. Hardly good...

To complicate matters, the Samsung driver device for the OLED reacts to set values quite differently from the Lead and Truly CoG devices. One size does not fit all. The net result is that for given output values, the OLED alwys appears brighter for a set light level, and the lowest brightness level is fixed at a level that is rather brighter than ideal. Both TFT LED backlight drivers are far easier to control over a much broader range.

However, apart from the poor control levels above, the actual code in CM7 is borked - it is easy enough to make the transition levels and driver levels react correctly, but not when you increase the Lux to a level and the display sticks there. Which is the real problem. As you say.

Oh, and the LED button backlight arrays (both) should have a value of 5 in the first line ONLY. Otherwise, the buttons light in reasonable light levels, which is just weird.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
Well if some people can test some values out and find a set that work for TFT and OLED then we can get it merged into the repo.

I've done this several times already. I used a Lux meter to determine the values. I will dump in the next post.

Guest Len Ash
I've done this several times already. I used a Lux meter to determine the values. I will dump in the next post.

These favour the TFT models, but since they are by far the highest volume, no real problem.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels">

<item>10</item>

<item>150</item>

<item>550</item>

<item>900</item>

<item>1800</item>

<item>3500</item>

<item>6000</item>

<item>8000</item>

<item>10000</item>

<item>15000</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>20</item>

<item>30</item>

<item>40</item>

<item>60</item>

<item>80</item>

<item>110</item>

<item>140</item>

<item>170</item>

<item>190</item>

<item>220</item>

<item>255</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

Edited by Len Ash

These favour the TFT models, but since they are by far the highest volume, no real problem.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

Have the button backlight at just 5 must be some kinda mistake...

But yes, it is borked, but only specifically in N21 (and by extension N22) Although it had been slow to react previously, the light levels were never so finicky. It was usable, but now, the flickering is difficult. And yes, I used 9 levels I think it was, copied partially from the 2.2 ROMs config. It gives a softer transition than the CM default.

But ah well. I'll wait for it to be fixed. Having it on manual brightness is nice, set it to about halfway and it's gorgeous.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest samjam
okay has anyone had their launcher drawer disappear on them??

Yes.

You should be able to drag it back from the fuzzy gray line at the bottom of the screen where it used to be.

I don't know how I made it vanish - I can't do it again!

Also you ought to be able to add a show/hide launcher item onto your desktop if you mess about with the sorts of things that you can add to your desktop, - eitehr by using the menu button or push & hold on the desktop (Can't remember which, sorry).

Guest Len Ash
Have the button backlight at just 5 must be some kinda mistake...

Anything works here - 1 to 255

Only needed in the first line though, unlike CM7 that has it in the first 2. Why would you need the buttons lit in daylight?

Edited by Len Ash