CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest tentric

I got N22 after being on N19.. N19 was near perfect with a separate kernel provided by someone on this thread to fix the bluetooth issue. N19 was doing random shutdowns.. which lead me to try N22.. after approx 3mins testing.. noticing that proximity sensor is still not working properly. Havent had time to check other issues. Will the next nightly fix the proximity issue?

Thanks everyone for their hard work, your doing a great job!

Anything works here - 1 to 255

Only needed in the first line though, unlike CM7 that has it in the first 2. Why would you need the buttons lit in daylight?

True, true. total darkness should only occupy that line. And i'm assuming the front lights are either just on or off, then?

Just noticed something. On your, the light goes from 10 for the first line, to 150 for the second. The sensor on my phone doesn't go any higher than 30 whilst indoors, mostly. SO for there to be such a massive gap before the first change from 20 (which I think is unreadable...)

Guest Ashenfall

Just another reply about the Wifi, and the reconnect issue.

More annoyingly, it seems to disconnect from wifi when it shouldn't - e.g. if I'm listening to a radio station with Tunein Radio via wifi, and leave it unattended, it'll drop wifi and then use mobile data. On other 2.2 custom ROMs, it will stay connected to Wifi in this situation.

Guest Poodha
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/15844-c...700-rc2-382011/

There it be, so you know. But I think they're pretty relaxed about bug reports, I think they except Nightly ones. And a week old is a decade at the current pace.

Thanks for the link! Although I wasn't actually going to use the RC2, was more curious why it wasn't on the regular page. =)

At what time do they usually release the nightleys? I was just going to put 22 in my phone, but thought I could wait an hour or two if 23 is coming soon. Any rumours about if there is going to be a nightly tonight and what the improvements are?

Guest chimas
Yes.

You should be able to drag it back from the fuzzy gray line at the bottom of the screen where it used to be.

I don't know how I made it vanish - I can't do it again!

Also you ought to be able to add a show/hide launcher item onto your desktop if you mess about with the sorts of things that you can add to your desktop, - eitehr by using the menu button or push & hold on the desktop (Can't remember which, sorry).

For me it happened while I was hold on to the dialler app. and before that on a different build (N8 I think) It happened twice while I was trying to arrange it. I have tried multiple time to replicate this to no avail.

Thanks for the link! Although I wasn't actually going to use the RC2, was more curious why it wasn't on the regular page. =)

At what time do they usually release the nightleys? I was just going to put 22 in my phone, but thought I could wait an hour or two if 23 is coming soon. Any rumours about if there is going to be a nightly tonight and what the improvements are?

If you look on the download page, it tells you. Often about 3:30 or so, but varies wildly

Guest Blues003

Just got a screen freeze, right after a reboot. It happened before I had to input my PIN. As always, solved by sleep-waking the phone.

Guest Poodha
If you look on the download page, it tells you. Often about 3:30 or so, but varies wildly

Thanks. Noticed that they didn't release one every night, so thought there was no point waiting.

Edited by Poodha

Guest The_Duck

Hi All,

Can someone knowledgeable offer any insight into some issues I have with Bluetooth in Nightly 21 ?

I can get BT working OK with my Jabra 3030 device for audio on phone calls, but for some reason I can't get music playback to route thru the BT device. My understanding is that this function is part of A2DP which I think translates to Bluetooth Media Playback in the BT Settings page in previous ROM's.

Are there many different BT modules in the kernel and not all are compiled ?

Not a massive issue but seems like an incomplete BT implementation that could possibly be just an oversight.

My handset is a OLED Blade, running Nightly 21.

Duck

Guest Amphoras
Thanks. Noticed that they didn't release one every night, so thought there was no point waiting.

Now to the first stupid question of the night.

How the heck do you add your google account? Usually when I pop in a new ROM, the device asks me to enter an account on the first start up. But didn't do it this time(same thing with FLB IIRC, which was the first time it didn't ask).

And when I go into accounts, I can only add exchange-accounts, not google accounts. And when I try, I only get "unable to open connection to server"(tried both WLAN and umts).

I think you need to install google apps first. The link is in the first post, and you just flash it in the same way as the ROM itself.

Guest jayhix

ok this is probably the most annoying thing about this rom now.. and its actually stopping me wanting to make phonecalls.

In a phonecall the phone vibrates (two pulses) when the screen wakes from proximity (annoying) still up against my face, the phone also randomly vibrates throughout the call when the screen doesnt wake aswell (not every 45 seconds) its quite irregular timing but common and very frustrating. I've looked in the settings and I've tried everything nothing turns this off!?! am i missing something?

Another thing i've noticed is that ADW doesnt store/remember my widgets after a reboot? anyone else experiencing this? its also quite annoying having to set up my home screen every so often.

Edited by jayhix

Guest Mike_P
Just noticed something. On your, the light goes from 10 for the first line, to 150 for the second. The sensor on my phone doesn't go any higher than 30 whilst indoors, mostly. SO for there to be such a massive gap before the first change from 20 (which I think is unreadable...)

Your sensor seems to be a bit less sensitive than mine, probably down to good old ZTE QC lol. This might hamper attempts for a 'one size fits all' set of values, the good thing is you can set your own personal values. All CM needs to do is make sure the each array has the same # of values (1 less for the 'config_autoBrightnessLevels' array of course). I know 1 of the nightlys I had did this wrong and would FC when trying to edit them.

With all due respect to Lance and his lux meter the only thing you need to take note of is the 'Sensor (filtered/raw)' value, this is your own 'lux' meter. It's accuracy isn't particularly relevant as long as its value rises and falls depending on light level. The button back light seems to be either on or off so the value used is irrelevant and as noted in most cases only needs to be set on the first level.

Guest Rotmann
ok this is probably the most annoying thing about this rom now.. and its actually stopping me wanting to make phonecalls.

In a phonecall the phone vibrates (two pulses) when the screen wakes from proximity (annoying) still up against my face, the phone also randomly vibrates throughout the call when the screen doesnt wake aswell (not every 45 seconds) its quite irregular timing but common and very frustrating. I've looked in the settings and I've tried everything nothing turns this off!?! am i missing something?

Another thing i've noticed is that ADW doesnt store/remember my widgets after a reboot? anyone else experiencing this? its also quite annoying having to set up my home screen every so often.

I don't have any of the proximity problems mentioned but if you move apps with widgets to SD, they will break. Widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers are not to be moved to SD, it's an android thing.

Guest Blues003

I just had a touchscreen freeze followed by a random reboot. Unfortunately, no logcat was running.

I'm going to switch back to FLB r10. The CM7 has evolved immensly so far, but I still cannot put as much trust in it as I can on the FLB ROM. It's too reliable/safe/failproof for me not to value it more than the novelty of having a 2.3 ZTE Blade.

As said though, I'll regularly flash Nightlies and try to provide logcats so as to speed up development!

Guest Poodha
I think you need to install google apps first. The link is in the first post, and you just flash it in the same way as the ROM itself.

Thanks, I JUST realized that after posting that post, that's why I instantly edited it. But you were too fast. =)

Another question, does anybody get wifi hotspot to work while the screen is off? I flashed the wififix from the first post. It works fine as long as the screen is on, but the moment the screen goes out, the hotspot goes out. I guess this is related to the wifi going offline/reconnect problem when the screen goes. But thought that was sorted now. What was the fix?

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Thanks, I JUST realized that after posting that post, that's why I instantly edited it. But you were too fast. =)

Another question, does anybody get wifi hotspot to work while the screen is off? I flashed the wififix from the first post. It works fine as long as the screen is on, but the moment the screen goes out, the hotspot goes out. I guess this is related to the wifi going offline/reconnect problem when the screen goes. But thought that was sorted now. What was the fix?

Untick the box that sais disable wake-locks in the wifi tethering app. I think it has to keep the screen on for the wifi chip to work.

Guest Len Ash

Try it - it works well.

Guest samjam
Hi All,

Can someone knowledgeable offer any insight into some issues I have with Bluetooth in Nightly 21 ?

I can get BT working OK with my Jabra 3030 device for audio on phone calls, but for some reason I can't get music playback to route thru the BT device. My understanding is that this function is part of A2DP which I think translates to Bluetooth Media Playback in the BT Settings page in previous ROM's.

Are there many different BT modules in the kernel and not all are compiled ?

Not a massive issue but seems like an incomplete BT implementation that could possibly be just an oversight.

My handset is a OLED Blade, running Nightly 21.

Duck

I have the same problem with my Jabra BT620s - it fails to connect for A2DP but reports that it has connected for phone audio.

It works with my car-kit though.

Guest _amano

I wonder if the "reboot after GPS" problem is a blade-only issue or if it is common to all CM ports.

The last GPS related changes were done globally by Steve Kondik himself...

Guest simonckenyon

since 19 i have been getting random crashes.

they are not reboots - because the phone does not restart unless i press the power button.

i ran logcat for several hours yesterday in an attempt to find out what was causing the problem.

but of course it refused to crash.

i did notice that i was getting a failed call to google analytics on a very frequent basis (10 sec?)

i had a look around and the concensus of opinion was that it was appbrain.

so i removed most (occasionally used) apps to see if it was one of them.

but n22 still crashed in the middle of the night. the vibrator buzz that it emitted as it died even woke me up.

n17 seems solid to me and i have reverted to this. i will now try n23 to see what happens.

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest muller37

Are quadrant scores still doubled due to stagefright or has this been fixed now?

was getting 560 in jj but getting 934 on N21. halfing this score makes it seem worse!?