CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest _amano

I wonder if that fix made it into N23: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3968

sensors: Fix ALS and PS lag on back-compat layer

These 2 sensors only report values on change,

instead of continuously generating samples at 'setDelay'

intervals like most others. If only these 2 (or any one of

them is enabled), we can't wait for the usual 64 samples

to be taken before reporting them to the framework, since

that'll make them visibly laggy.

This patch causes any sample from these sensors to trigger

an immediate report to the client.

It sounds like the proximity and light sensor should be much more responsive with Nightly 23 oder 24 (if the patch didn't make it for N23)

Guest Schwinni
My phone shutted down three times, then I made a clean slate: wiped everything and started from scratch. Just as I was happy and setup my wifi again, I was stuck in a reboot loop. Icouldn't even get my pin into the phone, zapp reboot. I had to plug the battery.

I have exactly the same behaviour with Nightly 23. Since I turned on WiFi, the Blade reboots and reboots.

Guest mvheuver
anyway to get transparent notification pulldown back?

Don't know, but I would rather have the notification pulldown fixed so that it is much easier to make it disappear again. Now it is a bit of a pain, unless you get used to using the back button. You have to be so accurate! I also find it sometimes a bit odd the way the buttons on the pulldown (wifi, GPS, etc.) work, it's as if you have to press them for quite long before the touch registers. Anyone else with the same experience?

Other than that, great ROM, kudos to the developers.

Guest marcodassi

GPS issue update

Well, with N23 the GPS seems something better... fixing is very quick, BUT there's still the "refresh slowliness" while the program is running and the "hopping position" while driving with a navigator program (Aura).

Maybe there's something like "GPS position buffer" that fills up and drive something crazy?

cheers

Guest Blues003

People, question time:

I had my phone reboot twice and shut down once. I was using aLogcat, saving files every 15 minutes. However, how can I know if the logcat in which the problem occurred was saved? For example:

- 00.15: Logcat 1 is saved

- 00:30: Logcat 2 is saved

- 00.40: Phone shuts down

- 00.41: I turn on the phone and start aLogcat once again

Will the data from 00.30 to 00.40 be saved anywhere? Or does aLogcat make it impossible for me to register what is happening as the phone is shutting down?

Guest Trademark-NRW
Where is the MARKET in n23? This is the first 2.3 rom I have installed but I cant find the market app?!

You have to install gapps. Look at 1st post.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Where is the MARKET in n23? This is the first 2.3 rom I have installed but I cant find the market app?!

Please rtf page 1, there is a pointer to "google apps", you need to install them separately.

Guest Mike_P

Yes that's easy enough, snag is they might fiddle with the code in the next nightly which overwrite the change.

Having said that it looks like they haven't changed anything that would affect this since at least nightly 18, (I don't have all the nightlies to check for sure).

Guest jhonny2

thx

but now I cant connect to sd card via USB... :S

solved : recconected the usb cable sometimes

Edited by jhonny2

Guest simonckenyon

running n23 with gps turned off

it has lasted a lot longer than with it turned on. no reboots so far.

wifi did not come back automatically - doing a logcat right now.

more later

Guest Zythus

1% dropped overnight. A great ROM now it is. Only touchscreen freezes and blank screen remain to fix (I still have blank, with "always use proximity sensor" and without it, but it's coming back after 1-2 min.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Running nightly 23. But have also had this issue since nightly 19. When playing music after a short perios (ten mins maybe) the player seems to suddenly jump through tracks (starts playing track, then suddenly the next, then suddenly the next) even when the screen is off and the phone is being untouched.

Oled blade with 512 mb of memory. But This might look more like a cyanogen issue.

Guest Schwinni
I have exactly the same behaviour with Nightly 23. Since I turned on WiFi, the Blade reboots and reboots.

Alright, I have flashed N23 again and the first thing I did after creating the account and installing the Google apps was to turn on WiFi.

It seems to work now.

Perhaps the problem came from restoring the access points from JJ9 via Titanium.

Now I have to toggle Wifi on and off a bit and do some reboots in order to see if it stays stable.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Running nightly 23. Connected with Nokia Bluetooth, when screen is off, connection is dropped. It is known error?

I had this initially (with the original Blade (Eclair) ROM) with my Nokia BT headset,

switched to a Samsung headset and no problems since with ANY ROM, so I suspect

this is more a compatibility issue with Nokia BT headsets.

Guest natash
I had this initially (with the original Blade (Eclair) ROM) with my Nokia BT headset,

switched to a Samsung headset and no problems since with ANY ROM, so I suspect

this is more a compatibility issue with Nokia BT headsets.

It is not headset, it is car set.

Guest Frankish

I think the transparency is enabled already and you just need a transparent image to replace the stock one with. I made my own theme using the Templatebread.apk which is basically the stock theme and that already has transparent pulldown.

Guest dibbles

Now that I have installed nightly 23 and set up the phone as I would like if I was then to install a later nightly I understand that I would do a full wipe before installation but would I be ok to then install Titinium backup and then restore all apps with data, which would save me from having to install and configure all of my apps and games again. This backup would have only have come from this nightly 23.

Thanks

Guest Frankish
Now that I have installed nightly 23 and set up the phone as I would like if I was then to install a later nightly I understand that I would do a full wipe before installation but would I be ok to then install Titinium backup and then restore all apps with data, which would save me from having to install and configure all of my apps and games again. This backup would have only have come from this nightly 23.

Thanks

Yeah that should be fine. It is also ok to just flash a nightly over another nightly. That works and keeps all data. It's only recommended to do a wipe if you are having issues that seem to be specific to your setup.

Scratch that i must have added it myself :D

Edited by Frankish