CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

1% dropped overnight. A great ROM now it is. Only touchscreen freezes and blank screen remain to fix (I still have blank, with "always use proximity sensor" and without it, but it's coming back after 1-2 min.

It sounds like poetry, just needs some tweaking..

A great ROM now it is.

Only touchscreen freezes remains to fix

Is the perfect rom perhaps in sight?

One percent dropped overnight.

I still have blank, with "always use proximity sensor".

Lets hope its soon solved by the rom inventor.

We can all agree this rom is tight!

And im feeling quite allright(im drunk)

sorry, all the inspiration from you rhyming "it is" with "to fix" and the beers.

cheers dude

Guest stephen m
I think the transparency is enabled already and you just need a transparent image to replace the stock one with. I made my own theme using the Templatebread.apk which is basically the stock theme and that already has transparent pulldown.

Can your themes be used on CM7 Nightlies?

Guest Frankish

A great ROM now it is.

Only touchscreen freezes remains to fix

Is the perfect rom perhaps in sight?

One percent dropped overnight.

Lets hope its soon solved by the rom inventor.

We can all agree this rom is tight!

And im feeling quite allright(im drunk)

sorry, all the inspiration from you rhyming "it is" with "to fix" and the beers.

cheers dude

.................................... :D

Guest Frankish
Can your themes be used on CM7 Nightlies?

No. It's too much work for me to make them all CM7 theme chooser types and if i wanted to make them flashable themes they would have to be updated too frequently due to the nightlies. Maybe when i have time i will start making them for RC versions?

For now i have a little girl to look after and take up my time. I want to spend every minute i can with her, she is 12 days old now! :D

Guest stephen m
No. It's too much work for me to make them all CM7 theme chooser types and if i wanted to make them flashable themes they would have to be updated too frequently due to the nightlies. Maybe when i have time i will start making them for RC versions?

For now i have a little girl to look after and take up my time. I want to spend every minute i can with her, she is 12 days old now! :(

Quite understand - congrats & cherish every moment :D

Guest sydeu

weird, earlier today i played doodle jump and speedx 3d and accelerometer was just fine. Now, however, the bug which makes it kind of turn on for a sec turn of for a sec turn on for a sec turn of for a sec is back. everything using the accelrometer is unplayable. i have very low (7%) battery, could that affect this?

edit: rebooted the phone and now it works again

edit2: and restarted doodle jump and it didn't work again. Definitely something going on with the accerometer.

Edited by sydeu

Guest mELIANTE
weird, earlier today i played doodle jump and speedx 3d and accelerometer was just fine. Now, however, the bug which makes it kind of turn on for a sec turn of for a sec turn on for a sec turn of for a sec is back. everything using the accelrometer is unplayable. i have very low (7%) battery, could that affect this?

edit: rebooted the phone and now it works again hmm

Yeah, I get this too. I notice that, if using Maps, it works well untill I turn the phone to landscape. From then on the compass/accelerometer will go bonkers and will have to reboot phone to use it correctly again...

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Poodha
Untick the box that sais disable wake-locks in the wifi tethering app. I think it has to keep the screen on for the wifi chip to work.

Much abliged! I'm going to reinstall n23 and see if the wifi hotspot works with your tip.

And if the BT works as it should. If I can't get my SonyEricsson MW600 to work properly as it does on JJ, I might go back to JJ instead.

Guest Trademark-NRW

OMG,

great 2nd post.

Don't drink and post!

Edited by Trademark-NRW

Guest shadowninty
I think the transparency is enabled already and you just need a transparent image to replace the stock one with. I made my own theme using the Templatebread.apk which is basically the stock theme and that already has transparent pulldown.

I had to reboot after changing theme :D

Yes, I'm that stupid

Guest chimas

For now i have a little girl to look after and take up my time. I want to spend every minute i can with her, she is 12 days old now! :(

Oh yeah Congrats, You should cherish everyone of those minutes you have with her. Believe me when I say this you will wish for those moments back when she grows up. And can someone tell me an android email app with Push. (is there's a thread for this please direct) :D gracias.

Guest BigKevN

For now i have a little girl to look after and take up my time. I want to spend every minute i can with her, she is 12 days old now! :D

Congratulations Frankish, I remember what it was like when my little girl was 12 days old and she is now 6 months, the time flies >_< but it all worth it :(

Guest tom_s

i've been running a version of cm7 released about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i did a full wipe and installed n22 yesterday. wifi worked just once immediately following installation. all subsequent attempts to connect to my router have failed. in the entry relating to my wifi signal in the 'wireless and networks' sectioin it displays 'authenticating....' for about 4 seconds then changes to 'disabled'. anyone else having this problem?

Guest Rotmann

Disable "Always use proximity", restart and try again, for me it works much better with proximity disabled

i've been running a version of cm7 released about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i did a full wipe and installed n22 yesterday. wifi worked just once immediately following installation. all subsequent attempts to connect to my router have failed. in the entry relating to my wifi signal in the 'wireless and networks' sectioin it displays 'authenticating....' for about 4 seconds then changes to 'disabled'. anyone else having this problem?

Did you restore something with Titanium?

@Victor, I think that writing that people should not restore anything with Titanium (specially no system apps, settings and stuff, MAYBE ONLY GAMES and APPS) would be good. Lots of people have problems from restoring stuff they shouldn't. Thanks again for the amount of work you do here. B)

Anyways, I will have a Desire HD for 1,5 weeks, a relative is going in the holidays and he does not need it, because he knows I am a test freak he said he'll leave it to me. Gonna make some movies Blade vs Desire HD! B) David vs. Golliath :( As a first impression, I must say I'm not that impressed, on the stock ROM it stutters in the drawer and in the browser, I would not expect that from a 500€+ device. Sure it's faster and Flash sites rock and the display is ginormous and the metal body gives you the hibbie-jibbies and the dual flash is cool. BUT compared to the blade with 2.3 CM7, it's not 4x better, that's for sure! Maybe 25-50%, MAYBE! The speaker is 10 times better on the blade (no bass at all and ugly sounds on the DHD), battery resisted like 50-75% today, that's arount 12-16 hours power usage compared to the blade ~24-36 hours. At first I thought it's gonna crush the blade and my experience will be ruined by the DHD, but it's not true, coming from the DHD on the Blade it's definitely not a shock.

At moments like this you realize how great this little cheap device is, powered by the brilliant community and devs. Thanks you beloved devs and community, you rock! :( Sure I am gonna flash the shiet out of the DHD :D , beginning with MIUI and ending with CM7, I'm curious if the stutters will be history. Gonna do a movie in aprox. one week, after raping it B)

P.S.: unlocking and preparing the DHD for a custom ROM is a fooken' pain in the ASS! :D Holy crap, I have just spent 2-3 hours respecting a few tutorials, it's so complicated compared to the blade, crazy!!! Had to follow like 100 steps, different hacks, reverting to older ROMs, enabling some stuff, hacking the SD and so on.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Disable "Always use proximity", restart and try again, for me it works much better with proximity disabled

Did you restore something with Titanium?

@Victor, I think that writing that people should not restore anything with Titanium (specially no system apps, settings and stuff, MAYBE ONLY GAMES and APPS) would be good. Lots of people have problems from restoring stuff they shouldn't. Thanks again for the amount of work you do here. B)

Anyways, I will have a Desire HD for 1,5 weeks, a relative is going in the holidays and he does not need it, because he knows I am a test freak he said he'll leave it to me. Gonna make some movies Blade vs Desire HD! :D David vs. Golliath :( As a first impression, I must say I'm not that impressed, on the stock ROM it stutters in the drawer and in the browser, I would not expect that from a 500€+ device. Sure it's faster and Flash sites rock and the display is ginormous and the metal body gives you the hibbie-jibbies and the dual flash is cool. BUT compared to the blade with 2.3 CM7, it's not 4x better, that's for sure! Maybe 25-50%, MAYBE! The speaker is 10 times better on the blade (no bass at all and ugly sounds on the DHD), battery resisted like 50-75% today, that's arount 12-16 hours power usage compared to the blade ~24-36 hours. At first I thought it's gonna crush the blade and my experience will be ruined by the DHD, but it's not true, coming from the DHD on the Blade it's definitely not a shock.

At moments like this you realize how great this little cheap device is, powered by the brilliant community and devs. Thanks you beloved devs and community, you rock! :( Sure I am gonna flash the shiet out of the DHD :D , beginning with MIUI and ending with CM7, I'm curious if the stutters will be history. Gonna do a movie in aprox. one week, after raping it B)

P.S.: unlocking and preparing the DHD for a custom ROM is a fooken' pain in the ASS! :D Holy crap, I have just spent 2-3 hours respecting a few tutorials, it's so complicated compared to the blade, crazy!!! Had to follow like 100 steps, different hacks, reverting to older ROMs, enabling some stuff, hacking the SD and so on.

I would love to see that! Giving HTCs cream of the crop and thorough beating in terms of value. You should comment on the screen size too. Is 4.3" too big? It's also not as good a looker as theplain old desire. Ah well. And again, thanks for the thanks, and I shall make amendments tomorrow morning. It's pretty impossible on the blade.

And, as I hope I make abundantly clear, the little question roundup posts are so helpful. Thanks ever so for those B)

Guest Blues003

I have gone crazy and did some logcats. 6 logcats, to be exact, all regarding the random shut down issue. I have managed to consistently get my phone to shut down after activating (and sometimes deactivating) GPS. All of those logcats are at the bug tracker on a post: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2885 colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Version%20Model%20Network%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars%20Priority

Hope you guys can still contribute to this cause! The perfect CM7 is almost coming, let's make sure we do our best to contribute to here!

Guest whatcolour

*****Proximity Sensor Fixed******

Looks like the recent fix in CM7 did the trick. Below is quote from TomG's latest comment from the bug tracker:

"CM7 did introduce the problem.

It should now be properly fixed thanks to this fix. http://review.cyanogenmod.com/3968

I'm not sure if its in the current nightly, probably best to wait until the next one, but I have not been able to recreate the problem in my testing."

Guest marcodassi
*****Proximity Sensor Fixed******

Looks like the recent fix in CM7 did the trick. Below is quote from TomG's latest comment from the bug tracker:

"CM7 did introduce the problem.

It should now be properly fixed thanks to this fix. http://review.cyanogenmod.com/3968

I'm not sure if its in the current nightly, probably best to wait until the next one, but I have not been able to recreate the problem in my testing."

Already merged in nightly 23: see here --> http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade