CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest hedgepigdaniel
two builds in three hours :D

The more you compile code, the better it gets. If you have the time, then a repetitive process of compiling the same code can work wonders for it. It's like painting - more coats = better result.

Guest lordofangels
The more you compile code, the better it gets. If you have the time, then a repetitive process of compiling the same code can work wonders for it. It's like painting - more coats = better result.

agreed, not complaining I think it's fantastic, and shows the dedication of the dev's

Guest supermies123

Gingerbread Keyboard should have Ä and Ö letters in finnish language. And yes, Ä and Ö are pretty common in finnish. In swedish keyboard there is Ä and Ö. How can this be reported and is there any chance it will be changed?

Edited by supermies123

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Gingerbread Keyboard should have Ä and Ö letters in finnish language. And yes, Ä and Ö are pretty common in finnish. In swedish keyboard there is Ä and Ö. How can this be reported and is there any chance it will be changed?

I expect something as simple as that is very likely to be changed. post it on the bug tracker and explain clearly what is wrong and what should be done about it. I'm pretty sure it won't be specific to the blade either.

Guest gat2011

wow. n25 is a big, big step up in speed and smoothness for me. apps open instantly and all lag and jitter seems to have gone. fantastic. thx to all that have developed the rom.

Guest PeteBest
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

have we got cifs in this rom yet.. stopped working for me since flb 10.. not sure if its the roms, or just cifsmanager is playing up.

Didn't work for me either in flb10, but cifsmanager is just a frontend to the mount command. So I tried that manually and no good either, it worked fine on JJ8. So it's probably not CIFSmanager's fault... Sorry but I haven't tried CM7 yet to report as to if cifs works or not

Guest supermies123
wow. n25 is a big, big step up in speed and smoothness for me. apps open instantly and all lag and jitter seems to have gone. fantastic. thx to all that have developed the rom.

Is it also smooth in menus now?

Did you install another launcher or any fixes?

Which launcher is there by default in CM7?

I tested CM7 few nightlies ago and menus were still kind of sluggish.

Guest simonckenyon

n23 left overnight (2am to 6am) went down from 43% to 5%

i had wifi on (disconnected due to the bug i've been mentioning) but gps off (to stop it crashing

not what i was expecting. will try tonight with wifi off

Guest targetbsp
Nighlty 24 is out... and GPS wasn't touched (it seems)

Great site for changes tracking: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

hoping today will be the GPS problems fixing day! :D

THANKS! :(

That's a nice site! Better than my method which is to search code review with the following lol:

status:merged -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_click -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_inc -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_click -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_heroc -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_click -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_inc -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_click -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_bravoc -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_bravo -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_passion-common -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_supersonic -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_commtiva_z71 -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_harmony -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_buzz -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_bn_encore -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_advent_vega -project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_glacier

Edited by targetbsp

Guest gat2011
Is it also smooth in menus now?

Did you install another launcher or any fixes?

Which launcher is there by default in CM7?

I tested CM7 few nightlies ago and menus were still kind of sluggish.

yes.

gingerbread by eugene-flys for me.

adw.

Guest solidslash
i've been running a version of cm7 released about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i did a full wipe and installed n22 yesterday. wifi worked just once immediately following installation. all subsequent attempts to connect to my router have failed. in the entry relating to my wifi signal in the 'wireless and networks' sectioin it displays 'authenticating....' for about 4 seconds then changes to 'disabled'. anyone else having this problem?

I'm experiencing the same issue. The only successful wifi connection was on the Orange stock ROM before I unlocked the phone. Since I upgraded it to nightly 23, it keeps giving me "disabled" after few seconds trying to connect. Any ideas?

Did a full wipe etc. of course.

Edited by solidslash

Guest gat2011
I'm experiencing the same issue. The only successful wifi connection was on the Orange stock ROM before I unlocked the phone. Since I upgraded it to nightly 23, it keeps giving me "disabled" after few seconds trying to connect. Any ideas?

Did a full wipe etc. of course.

did you try re-flashing? i had the same, then worked ok after re-flash.

Guest spvnexus

I'm really happy with cm at the moment. However is anyone having an issue with the wifi sleep policy? Mine just doesn't seem to disconnect when the screen turns off etc. On cm25

Cheers

Guest gat2011
I'll be flashing n25 soon, fingers crossed it'll work.

forgot to add -really don't know why, or if indeed, this made a difference, but it seemed to: whenever i left the 3g data connection enabled, whilst setting up wifi, the wifi never seemed to work correctly. so, disabled 3g connection option after flash and only then set up wifi. haven't had problems since. (both 3g and wifi subsequently work fine when enabled)

Edited by gat2011

Guest KelticDaz

Just upgraded to N25 from N23. Wifi and GPS which were flakey for me are working great on this rom. Many thanks to the devs for their work.

Guest That-Guy
Just upgraded to N25 from N23. Wifi and GPS which were flakey for me are working great on this rom. Many thanks to the devs for their work.

Excellent Thanks, going to give Nightly 25 a try now :D

Guest SebbesApa
yes.

gingerbread by eugene-flys for me.

adw.

I have to agree. The "Gingerbread Launcher free" by Eugene373 is by far the smoooothest launcher i've ever used on the blade! :D

Guest natash
It is not headset, it is car set.

It is nokia hf310. When it is paired and connected, the screen will turn on, it is disconnecting. When I wake up the screen and check the bluetooth option I see. "Paired disconnected". Also when somebody is calling, the nokia hf310 did not ringing, just ZTE Blade.

Guest natash

It is possibility to turn off the charging when USB cable is connected to the PC. I would like to avoid charging 20x times per day for 2-3 minutes, when I am uploading something to the ZTE Blade and every time when I connect it to the PC.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
It is possibility to turn off the charging when USB cable is connected to the PC. I would like to avoid charging 20x times per day for 2-3 minutes, when I am uploading something to the ZTE Blade and every time when I connect it to the PC.

Haven't found a way yet with CM7.

Guest Treacles

1 Day and 5 Hours on Nightly 22, and its on 56%

Longest its ever lasted for me on Any ROM, wasnt expecting it to even be on when i woke up forgetting to put it on charge last night.

Wifi Off

Data On

GPS On