CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest shadowninty
umm, why do I have market when I have done factory reset and wiped + installed N26

I didn't install gapps.

package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
[/codebox]

this maybe? its in Updater-Binary

What about GPS stability and shutdowns in N26?

(I guess FM radio is still broken)

Is there any other launcher than ADW that supports vertical pagination and runs smoother?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Here is a HUGE logcat of issues with the music player app. MAY BE USEFUL FOR DEVS.

A few notes:

I have an OLED blade with 512mb of RAM (cyanogen says I have 404mb)

My music Library is entriely class 8 (smallest file, most encoding) Lossless FLAC files

Sorry most of it is completely irrelevant...

alogcat.2011_03_19_18_55_30_0000.txt

hope this may help...

Guest pellonet
umm, why do I have market when I have done factory reset and wiped + installed N26

I didn't install gapps.

AFAIK there is an option to back up to Google when signing in to your account & this will reinstate the apps you installed earlier. Mine has done this regularly & doing a wipe is not an issue as everything comes back automatically.

Guest targetbsp
Yeah, well, I might gotten a little over-enthusiastic.The reason I thought the wifi reconnection went so fine was merely because with N26 my phone never went to sleep. So I reverted back to N25 and sleep was fine again.

I'm seeing the same. N26 does not appear to be sleeping!

Guest chimas
I'm seeing the same. N26 does not appear to be sleeping!

Wait Y'all mean the phone doesn't go to sleep even after you press the power button??

Guest hegde19

I had wifi not disconnecting issue with nightly-25(clean wipe install from n-24) even when I have selected wify sleep policy to sleep when screen off. Now letting it charge on N-26.. yet to see the results..

Guest targetbsp
Wait Y'all mean the phone doesn't go to sleep even after you press the power button??

The screen goes off - but the phone isn't sleeping. In so much as the bottom buttons bring the screen on and spare parts shows the phone running 100% vs screen on of not much. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest dibbles
The screen goes off - but the phone isn't sleeping.

But when I look at the battery usage in spare parts I see...

Running 34.8% - this represented me getting the phone back to how I would want it after doing a clean install of build 26. Then I let it go into standby and now I have just checked it the Running percentage is now down to 26.7%.

Wouldn't that suggest that it is sleeping..?

Guest targetbsp
But when I look at the battery usage in spare parts I see...

Running 34.8% - this represented me getting the phone back to how I would want it after doing a clean install of build 26. Then I let it go into standby and now I have just checked it the Running percentage is now down to 26.7%.

Wouldn't that suggest that it is sleeping..?

Updated my reply as you were writing this. Mine shows running 100% with an partial wake apps. :S

Edited by targetbsp

Guest tsddave

Hi all

Im pretty new to Android phones and I am currently using Pauls r12.

I notice this CM7 and have seen some videos on youtube of it and it looks pretty nice.

I have backed up my current os using clockwork and wonder if I could install this to try it and then go back to my current os if it doesnt suit? I take it I can but dont want to take any chances :D

In addition to this question I also use titanium backup. Can I install using backups made of apps and games to CM7?

Sorry for the noobish questions but I just want to make sure on this.

Guest dibbles
Updated my reply as you were writing this. Mine shows running 100% with an partial wake apps. :S

That is not what I'm seeing...

Running 25%

Screen on 20%

WiFi on 3%

Wifi running 3%

Guest Amphoras
Hi all

I notice this CM7 and have seen some videos on youtube of it and it looks pretty nice.

I have backed up my current os using clockwork and wonder if I could install this to try it and then go back to my current os if it doesnt suit? I take it I can but dont want to take any chances :D

In addition to this question I also use titanium backup. Can I install using backups made of apps and games to CM7?

I've never done it, but I think theres an option in clockwork to restore in the same menu as the option to make a backup. Picking that should take you back to your old ROM. You should be able to restore apps with Titanium, but just make sure you only restore apps and not any of the system data stuff or it can cause problems.

Guest dibbles
Hi all

Yes you can go back to your clockwork backed up previous ROM if you did not like CM7 by using CW. I have used CW's backup and restore and it has worked well providing that you have not renamed the backups since they were made and stored as it checks the md5 number.

I have also used titinium backup pro to back up and then restore all my apps and their data to a later build of CM7. However I'm not sure if it is wise to do this from a 2.2 build to a 2.3 one. I have not done that but instead reinstalled my apps and games when I went to my first build of CM7.

Guest chimas
Hi all

I have backed up my current os using clockwork and wonder if I could install this to try it and then go back to my current os if it doesnt suit? I take it I can but dont want to take any chances :(

Yes there is an OPtion for you to do so. The easiest way of doing so is by using rom manager which could be found in the market. But once you try this rom I doubt you would wanna go back. :D

Guest BillBong

Slightly off topic but I'm trying different launchers on N23. Didn't really like the feel of Zeam, it's fast but there's not a lot you can change/tweak. I've used ADW before and quite like it. I don't find it lags but it took a few reboots for the phone to feel as responsive as you'd expect. The only thing that bugs me about ADW is the non-scrollable docking bar - I don't like the "flip-up" second dock, which is why GO seems better to me because it's very similar to ADW in the options/tweaks/look with a scrolling docking bar - and it seems pretty smooth and responsive.

I'm just looking at Eugenes Gingerbread Launcher but I can't see how to get to the settings - how do I change the number of screens and dock settings etc? If I click on the Menu button and go to settings it just takes me to the main phone settings menu, I can't see anything for the launcher itself.

Also, is there anything way to switch off the phone via a CM menu option rather than through the hardware/power button - or is Quickboot the answer?

What about GPS stability and shutdowns in N26?

(I guess FM radio is still broken)

Is there any other launcher than ADW that supports vertical pagination and runs smoother?

GPS still shutsdown/reboots (as explained in my previous post a few pages back).

FM Radio no where in sight yet, but probably because devs has assigned this as an 'enhancement' therefore there won't be too much effort on their part until other things are fixed.

Go Launcher Ex gives you both the horizontal and vertical pagination (in the apps menu). Runs ok for me.

Guest That-Guy
I'm on n26, and the phone is sleeping well...

+1. On N26 SF TFT.

So for the people who are on N26 and their phone is sleeping properly...

Does your WiFi re-connect after sleep?

I'm on n26, and the phone is sleeping well...

So does mine. As long as my wifi isn't running. :D

Edit: to be clear, even with a clean install, no apps, widgets, themes whatsoever running, when I activate wifi, my phone doesn't go into sleep mode. So it has to be the new wifi modul what's causing trouble.

Edited by bhf