CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Lee Black
Sorta what I hope for when the RC2 topic is up. I think we've just about got people out of N8, so lets bring it up to RC2

Running RC2 now :(, made the jump to cyanogen from JJ9 and loving it...up to now :(

Thanks

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Sorry, bit of a noob and would really like to help out with all this. One question though, If I move to the latest updates will I lose my finely tweaked homescreens etc.? I've got them exactly as I want.

However, sometimes sacrifices need to be made...

Nope, when you hop from nightly to nightly or RC that doesn't touch the homescreen settings at all.

Guest hc_1540
Nope, when you hop from nightly to nightly or RC that doesn't touch the homescreen settings at all.

Excellent news. So no need to wipe then?

Guest iconoclysm
i think i found the best workarund for proximitysensor...i downloaded the honeycomb port, grab the system\lib\hw\sensors.default.so, system\lib\hw\sensors.goldfish.so and with rootexplorer copied to the system\lib\hw folder. Reboot.

settings\call settigns\ tick in-call touch ui than make a call.. wait a few sec...the screen goes black press the power btn and see wonder

so maybe those two lib files are wrong in cm... cuz i tried it with from jj...gingerbread sdk...and didnt work..this was the last try and it works :(

not update zip

Well blow me sideways! It seems to be working for me, after a fashion. Proximity sensor now no longer blanks the screen at all. Which is dandy as far as I'm concerned.

So initial impressions are good for me with N15 and this fix

Big thanks to you for this :(

Guest Rotmann
here is the taos files from toms kernel...someone could use this?

What are these for?

I can confirm that ROM manager removal does not affect battery life, 1,5-2% battery drain in airplane mode with no usage. So does the new boot.img have no effect on battery life as originally stated by Tom_G?

Guest Ippe H
Those files are the same in the HC port and in CM. The HC port got it from either HCDRJacob's or Tom_G's proprietary repo, both are the same, and CM uses this repo (one of them atleast).
That sensors.goldfish.so is different file.. it's from orginal SDK 3.0 img

Guest Smiff2
seems to be working for me, after a fashion. Proximity sensor now no longer blanks the screen at all.

haven't tried, but sounds like that's completely broken your proxi sensor?

Guest King Mustard

My dad has RC1 on his phone, which was installed on the day it was released 3 weeks ago.

Unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a definitive RC2 release date.

Is cm_blade_full-15.zip stable enough to run or should I wait the days/weeks/months until RC2 is released?

Guest Jekle

Nightly 15 is the latest version of CM7 not RC2 you might aswell wait until early hours of tommrow to get Nightly 16.

P.S RC2 has been released yesterday!

Edited by Jekle

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Is cm_blade_full-15.zip stable enough to run or should I wait the days/weeks/months until RC2 is released?

RC2 is released, see page 1 and the pages pointed to from there.

Guest King Mustard
Nightly 15 is the latest version of CM7 not RC2 you might aswell wait until early hours of tommrow to get Nightly 16.

A nightly is released roughly even day though, so when tomorrow comes, I "may as well wait until Nightly 17" if you catch my drift :(

In fact, are these easy to update on top of each other? I will install every other nightly if I don't have to backup-flash-restore the Blade each time.

Guest Trademark-NRW
My dad has RC1 on his phone, which was installed on the day it was released 3 weeks ago.

RC2 has been released.

Guest Treacles

I believe it IS out? o.O

Guest Dark Man X

i see that other devices have same problems with proximity and battery.

now i would like to know if some launcher (launcher pro,...) are only on the blade little bit laggy or if it´s also a problem on other devices.

Guest DonJamal
Well blow me sideways! It seems to be working for me, after a fashion. Proximity sensor now no longer blanks the screen at all. Which is dandy as far as I'm concerned.

So initial impressions are good for me with N15 and this fix

Big thanks to you for this :(

ure welcome :(

Guest hecatae
RC2 is released, see page 1 and the pages pointed to from there.

sadly still not showing on rom manager, which is why most people are asking, as it would be simple to download to the phone and install

Guest Jekle

There was a line in build.prop that could be added to speed up the reaction of the proximity sensor what is it it was mentioned in the old CM7 topic.

Guest Zythus

If u feel that your launcher is laggy - use Gingerbread Launcher by Steven Lin - so far best launcher from the ones I've been using (adw, launcher pro). And no laggy!

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
There was a line in build.prop that could be added to speed up the reaction of the proximity sensor what is it it was mentioned in the old CM7 topic.

Apparently doesn't work, I'm afraid

Guest naxuu
anybody else tried my fix on the 5th side 89post? im just curiuos for how many people it works

I tested it, and works. now proximity sensor don't switch sceen off or on (seems like sensor is "dead" while call is on) Now when i make a call, i press powerbutton and screen goes off (i do that because i accidentaly hang up calls by my cheek) and if i want to use dialpad i just press powerbutton again and screen goes on. and after call ofcourse. i am looking way to disable proximity sensor for months now, and this do it, so thanks :(

(i dont even want proximity issue to be fixed anymore, this way it more better to me)

ps, sorry my terrible bad english,