CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest stephen m

Noted the reference to clockspeed by Zythus. Tested mine via Quadrant and 995 - not much difference to his 1057. But if all things are equal shouldn't the results be the same. :D

Guest peter0118
Hello everybody!

I have the CM7 mod n25 release!

Today released n26, and its have stronger wifi.

Can i do this: create an update.zip from /system/wifi folder, and flash it to n25?

is that a good idea?

edit1: i created the update.zip , i wait for the answer

IT WORKS!THE WiFi signal is better

Guest JamieMc

Upgraded from n24 to n26. The wifi tether fix has stopped working which I'm thinking is down to the new kernal wifi module...?

As I need that I've reverted back to n24 for now

Thanks

Jamie :D

Guest hugobosslives
Noted the reference to clockspeed by Zythus. Tested mine via Quadrant and 995 - not much difference to his 1057. But if all things are equal shouldn't the results be the same. :D

nope. quadrant runs a number of tests. These tests will depend on a number of things that will be different between same phones on the same roms. it will depend on things like spare memory, temperature of cpu, random crap taking up resources in the background... etc

my point willl be proven if you run two quadrant tests. Do one today and one tomorrow and you will get two different scores.

Guest That-Guy
It may be a nice idea to include darktremor's a2sd and htc ime mod in the nightlies.. :D

Or not lol

They are optional extras, if you want them you can install them :(

Guest targetbsp
done to 43% in 8 hours with practically no use.....

What version? As we're discussing over the past few pages, the most recent one doesn't sleep with wifi enabled.

Guest aidanj
It may be a nice idea to include darktremor's a2sd and htc ime mod in the nightlies.. :D

i'm not so sure about darktremor's a2sd - i used to use it on the nightly builds, but it always required a re-install after i flashed a new nightly. personally, i use link2sd, found in the market - i haven't put a new nightly on since installing it, so i'll see what happens when the new nightly build is released.

Guest DarrellK

When I start an application which uses GPS (e.g. Google Maps) I loose GSM and 3G radio (the icons go white and calls/3G data stop working). I need to reboot in order to get them back. This was happening under RC2, so I updated to N26 to see if it was fixed, but no difference. I re-installed after Factory Reset/data wipe, Cache wipe, Dalvik Cache wipe.

Guest simonckenyon
Do you mean the gps crashing or the wifi sleep issue? Wifi sleep is fine for me in N19 and N23 but it is broke in N26 and someone earlier said N25 as well.

gps crashing

the wifi sleep problem is new in n26

Guest simonckenyon

i watch people have all sorts of problems trying to reinstall apps

my perspective is that when using cm7 on the blade set your expectations a little lower

until such time as this rom settles down and the major problems are resolved i would not bother trying to reinstall apps

in any case, if you have a google account and you just go:

boot into recovery

wipe cache

install rom

install gaaps

reboot

then all your apps will still be installed

will potentially lose is your saved games which is no big deal

and right now, with the state of flux on this rom, if that is your priority then i suspect you are using the wrong rom

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I'm on N26 and I did a full wipe before installing.

I can confirm that the phone never sleeps (ie the menu/home/back button always wakes it when the screen is off).

This may well relate to the wifi driver, but I will point out that for me, it happens whether or not wifi is on, and no matter what wifi sleep policy is activated.

Now I'm still between 100-90%, but so far my battery is being unequivocally defeated by whatever is causing this lack of sleep.

I'm on N26 and I did a full wipe before installing.

I can confirm that the phone never sleeps (ie the menu/home/back button always wakes it when the screen is off).

same here.... but when I switch WiFi OFF Blade is sleeping properly

YES, GPS signal stable in N26!! :( (thank youuu!!)

Waiting for shutdown issues

Could you pleeeease take a look at the FM Radio too??? :D

Also, lower CPU freq works for 112Mhz... hmm.. what could be the working maximum?.. :(

Guest Frankish
FLB Froyo is still the one. What's the point from CM? Battery sucks and lots of problems.

Battery is on a par with FLB. Not that many problems and games play better than on FLB.

Guest peterdalrymple
I'm having an issue where my phone just goes unresponsive after it being in sleep mode for a while, any experiencing it?

I was just going to post this.

Mine is doing it too. It'll work fine for a couple of hours. Waking, sleeping, waking, sleeping(although it might not be a proper sleep as stated above) then I'll press the power button and the home/menu/back buttons will light up but no screen. Pressing the power button will turn these light on and off but will not turn the screen on. I've had to pull the battery 3 times since installing N26(clean install)

Guest Fou-lu
FLB Froyo is still the one. What's the point from CM? Battery sucks and lots of problems.

you try N25? ADW EX and most of everything is faster than FLB, 7hrs my battery went down 1% on sleep no battery issues, all day no problems at all.

only after first boot was there many bugs, reboot fixed it and fully stable now..

Guest skull_fcuk

My battery is being awesome just now. All big chest and a low 1% loss last night. Going to see if N26 can be as good tonight. I too am impressed by the phenomenal progress this ROM has made in the last few weeks. Been with it since RC1, and will stay on it. My little San Fran is giving me so much value for money just now, mostly due to the excellence and functionality of this ROM. Was delighted to be showing off the GPS (Google Navigation) to my Dad the other day. Being an old grumpy set in his opinions kind of guy, it was refreshing to hear him profess his surprise at how useful it was in finding the address of an Ebay seller i was looking for, in the back end of nowhere.

Noticed the other day, i'm still getting the issue of my photos not retaining selected zoom when pictures are taken. Not sure what's going on there. In previous nightly's i was getting two photos taken. I would import photos onto the laptop, and there'd be two of copies of each image, one large and one small. Hmmm. Anyway, keep up the good work Cyanogen Mod guys. Where do i send the Whiskey bottles?>

I tried this rom a few weeks ago and found it too buggy to use as my day to day rom, although I could see that it would be something I would definitely be using when it matured . Well I installed nightly 25 yesterday and was impressed by how much it had improved . I don't quite understand why adw launcher is so slow and laggy but glngerbread launcher from the market makes a world of difference . I just have one question . Although the camera has lots of new features , the zoom on both video and stills is very jerky . I can't find much in this thread about the camera , just some people saying that it's much better on 25 . Is it just me , or is this a common problem ?

I suppose it's just me then. I'll get me coat!

Guest jayhix

just thought id confirm sleeping problem in n26

in addition sometimes phone screen doesnt wake up at all the buttons at bottom light up but screen does not come on, had to rip out batt and reboot.

also still having the problem with ADW and ADW ex storing widgets on the homescreen after a reboot, i did a wipe and this fixed the problem at first but its now reoccurring again. anyone else have this issue?

Guest DarrellK
When I start an application which uses GPS (e.g. Google Maps) I loose GSM and 3G radio (the icons go white and calls/3G data stop working). I need to reboot in order to get them back. This was happening under RC2, so I updated to N26 to see if it was fixed, but no difference. I re-installed after Factory Reset/data wipe, Cache wipe, Dalvik Cache wipe.

More information - after an application uses GPS, the 3G & GSM indicators go white, and connection is not possible. Turn wifi on, and that works, and also GSM comes back. Turn wifi off, GSM is lost again. Toggling GPS makes no difference.

Can anyone else confirm (or otherwise) this behaviour?