CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Amphoras
I prefer the new spb shell (though its only in beta phase), as the 3D is kind of eye catching and gives my blade kind of a higher value ;-)

regards

Do you have to get accepted to their beta to get this, or can you download it from somewhere else. It looks pretty cool.

Guest Paden

Have reverted back to FLB from N25 as Bluetooth to flaky for my needs at the moment.

Having said that no other issues encountered, battery life good & speed good most notably for me in Gallery.

Cheers, Paul

Guest jayhix

another problem ive just noticed, listening to music on double twist and music stopped, screen froze completely unresponsive and then poof little green android man..

anyone else confirm problems playing back music causing reboots? twice its happened to me tonight now in space of 20 mins

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

My experience with N26 thus far is pretty good.

I agree that the phone doesn't sleep with wifi enabled. Solution? Turn off wifi after use. It takes about a minute to go to sleep after that. Also, try fonix's much toted method of setting the end button behaviour to sleep in spare parts.

Guest aidanj
another problem ive just noticed, listening to music on double twist and music stopped, screen froze completely unresponsive and then poof little green android man..

anyone else confirm problems playing back music causing reboots? twice its happened to me tonight now in space of 20 mins

this issue doesn't only occur when playing music on the phone. it happens to me infrequently whilst browsing the web. i don't remember it occuring on nightly 19 and later up until now.

Guest Maz2011
I'm just looking at Eugenes Gingerbread Launcher but I can't see how to get to the settings - how do I change the number of screens and dock settings etc? If I click on the Menu button and go to settings it just takes me to the main phone settings menu, I can't see anything for the launcher itself.

I couldnt find any settings either. Same for the Modaco Gingerbread launcher. Maybe there just arent any?

Guest hedgepigdaniel
My experience with N26 thus far is pretty good.

I agree that the phone doesn't sleep with wifi enabled. Solution? Turn off wifi after use. It takes about a minute to go to sleep after that. Also, try fonix's much toted method of setting the end button behaviour to sleep in spare parts.

Will try the spare parts idea. My blade didn't go to sleep for a good hour after I turned wifi off though, perhaps this is a separate issue.

Has anyone else found that wifi tether (with the fix linked in second post) does not work on N26? my laptop did not even see a network when i turned it on, with identical settings to waht worked on N25.

Just about to download N28 (yes, not N27). apparently 2 builds a day is becoming the norm.

Guest burstlam

what's the point of 2 nightly rushing out in just 4hours of time?

i know something changed with CM official resources...

but is it necessary to do so?

I wonder.

Guest burstlam
Will try the spare parts idea. My blade didn't go to sleep for a good hour after I turned wifi off though, perhaps this is a separate issue.

Has anyone else found that wifi tether (with the fix linked in second post) does not work on N26? my laptop did not even see a network when i turned it on, with identical settings to waht worked on N25.

Just about to download N28 (yes, not N27). apparently 2 builds a day is becoming the norm.

just rolled back to n25

the new wifi driver does not compatible with the wifi tither fix.

and it seems that it does not actually turn off in some sense.

Guest rapidone
Nightly 27 is out.

Currently on the download will post any feedback here :D

N28 is out. But it seems to be the same as N27/N26. So no need for me to flash...

Edited by rapidone

Guest forney27
this issue doesn't only occur when playing music on the phone. it happens to me infrequently whilst browsing the web. i don't remember it occuring on nightly 19 and later up until now.

Ive upgraded both mine and my wifes to N26 and it just turns off when we arent doing anything now. funny, my wifes phone was a on a battery percentage of 96 the phone turned off and when she turned it on, it wass on 99 percent..

I thought it was the GPS that shut the phone down, but we made sure the GPS was off if we were using it

Guest Roo13
FLB Froyo is still the one. What's the point from CM? Battery sucks and lots of problems.

Battery is alright now, and guess what, to reach such good quality and reliability as FLB's rom did (and still does), it has to improve steps by steps..

About launcher, Eugene's is the fastest but as i was used to Go Launcher i reinstalled it, it's less fast but functionalities are so useful..

I've noticed something else on CM, when i was on 2.2, my screen often went crazy (zoom in/out or scrolling up/down randomly while using it), now it occurs almost never, i thought it was coming from my screen but it seems the rom has something to see..Is the touchscreen driver a lot different from 2.2's roms...?

Guest samjam

I'm on N28 and find that when the phone has been sleeping for a while, pressing power-on to wake the phone has a 1 second delay before the phone screen lights up. (I;m on OLED if it makes a difference).

This was unexpected and at first had me pressing power again, which of course turned it off before it had turned on and made it look as through it were broken.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

i flashed nighty 26 yesterday to try it, i did a full wipe etc.

When i wake up this morning after charging over night the phone had crashed, it seems like its not 100% stable yet so im going back to swedish spring release for now.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
I'm on N28 and find that when the phone has been sleeping for a while, pressing power-on to wake the phone has a 1 second delay before the phone screen lights up. (I;m on OLED if it makes a difference).

This was unexpected and at first had me pressing power again, which of course turned it off before it had turned on and made it look as through it were broken.

+1

Guest muller37

full flash to n28 resulted in worse wifi range for my networks and couldn't connect. went back to n21 and now all fine again.

Edited by muller37

Guest Frankish

Have you changed any cpu related settings? Setting the minimum to lower than 245mhz and also using the smartass or other governors may cause this. If so try setting minimum to 245mhz and ondemand governor.

Guest Roo13

+1

Can't it be the smartass governor, as i use Overclock Widget i've noticed such behaviour when waking up: delay to speed up the cpu...

Edited by Roo13

Guest The Soup Thief

Wifi on n28 is working beautifully over here

Seen no reconnection issues as yet (no additional over/underclocking)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest skyhacker

I installed N28 (over n27) and chaged to use the smartass governor

- Used GPS from home to work, abou half an hour drive with no issues, picked up signal 1 min after strated and worked all the way without reboots or crashes

- Wi-fi still causes no sleep problem

I'll post findings with more tests