CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest andreasTheJoker

hello guys. I was on nightly 25 and tried to flash to 28 but i cant have gapps. i had full wipe cache/data. i use cwm 3.0.1.4 and i did exactly the things i do every time. it says gapps installed ok but nothing.. i did the same thing 4 times just incase something gone wrong but nothing.. I read the topic since cm7 released but i cant find anything or just i didnt see it. i hand of help would be great. :D

Guest t0mm13b
When did the FM driver and USB OTG make it in? :( There haven't been any commits on TG's sources regarding that.

The GPIO thing is beyond me but I noticed that there have been no changes to the gpiolib.c file ever https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_b.../gpio/gpiolib.c which was the file mentioned in the dmesg.

no idea mate.... :(

its there in black and white in the dmesg log.... :D

:D

Guest css771
No help on how to embed pages, as I asked above? Ah well :D

Perhaps you could use snap

idk if the screenshot size can be increased somehow. It would be too small otherwise.

Edited by css771

Guest Frankish
without reading 78 pages, how do i install: "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip", the instructions really should be in post #1.

Flash it through recovery as you would any other update zip. Obviously with no wipe. Or you can open the zip and add the files straight to a nightly rom zip and flash it all at once.

Guest Ufufu
No help on how to embed pages, as I asked above? Ah well :D

Victor,

Maybe something like page2rss.com? I created a feed from the update page (here it is), but I do not know if it works yet, there will have to be some updates first.

Guest natash

Extended controls do not work with "mass storage". When I try to add this toggle I see: "Your device does not support direct control of a USB" ????

I losing the dock icons from time to time, with ADW launcher and ADW launcher EX.

without reading 78 pages, how do i install: "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip", the instructions really should be in post #1.

Sorry, it's a standard update .zip, you flash it with clockwork like you would a standard rom.

But, the Nightlies include Market anyway, so it doesn't actually need to be installed.

Guest Frankish
Sorry, it's a standard update .zip, you flash it with clockwork like you would a standard rom.

But, the Nightlies include Market anyway, so it doesn't actually need to be installed.

Err since when?

:(

I have nightlies 4, 8, 12, 22 and 26 and none of them have market in. :D

Edited by Frankish

Perhaps you could use snap

idk if the screenshot size can be increased somehow. It would be too small otherwise.

That's the sort of idea, but alas, it doesn't work. The image is too small. :D

Victor,

Maybe something like page2rss.com? I created a feed from the update page (here it is), but I do not know if it works yet, there will have to be some updates first.

And again, it's an idea, but you can't embed the feed very easily in BBcode. A site that wrapped the feed up in an image was too small.

I think I may get to work making a wiki page of this thread. I'm starting to lose my resolve (if it wasn't already obvious) and a community driven thing would be far better.

Guest Frankish

I wouldn't install the next nightly guys...not if you still want to see some boobs!

They removed the boobs wallpaper of all the girls :D

Guest jijijoujou1
Err since when?

i got the market installed in N27 (with wipe) just try

Guest css771
I wouldn't install the next nightly guys...not if you still want to see some boobs!

They removed the boobs wallpaper of all the girls :D

They did? :D Didn't Cyanogen himself tell those people to fook off and be more like Charlie Sheen? :(

Ah well not like anybody uses that wallpaper anyway :(

Err since when?

Really? Well...errr.. Every single install I've done, the second you put in your google account details, the apps installer comes up, with all the Accept gubbins from the market. I haven't had to install Gapps since RC1. And I have, of course, wiped :(

Guest hecatae
Really? Well...errr.. Every single install I've done, the second you put in your google account details, the apps installer comes up, with all the Accept gubbins from the market. I haven't had to install Gapps since RC1. And I have, of course, wiped :D

I've never had market on any nightly or rc I have tried

Guest t0mm13b

They removed the boobs wallpaper of all the girls :(

awwww...... :D

twas a mate o mine that told me about it.... must message him to save it... :(

will dropbox it for anyone who wants it.... :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Frankish

Maybe the installer doesn't format the system partition properly then? Honestly i have looked through all the above nightlies and not seen the market apk. I always manually format system and never have the market there after install.

Just wasted an almost 90mb download on nightly 27. No market apk there. It's called "vending.apk" fyi. Try this, wipe, go to mounts menu and format system. Install any nightly. Is the market there now?

Thanks hecatae i'm not going mental then. I guess the cm update script isn't formatting the system partition so even wiping would keep the installed gapps from previous installs.

Edited by Frankish

Guest JolyonS
without reading 78 pages or bothering to type install gapps zip into the very useful search facility, how do i install: "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip", the instructions really should be in post #1.

I guess they thought it was too obvious to mention and didn't consider that the posts explaining how would rapidly become impossible to find amongst the literally minutes worth of reading the thread expanded to.

Guest Richard_Arkless

just a little explanation on why the market is appearing after flashing the new rom, I had the same affect with the pulse's unofficial cm6 and I found out that there was a batch file that is executed before formatting the system that would backup all the gapps and then after it has finished flashing it would then restore them

I personally dont like it because it would be a pain if you were switching from 2.2 to 2.3 and found that all the 2.2 gapps was still there and messing up the system

Guest hecatae
awwww...... :D

twas a mate o mine that told me about it.... must message him to save it... :(

will dropbox it for anyone who wants it.... :D

it's still in rc2, wait for rc3 and for it to be logged to the issue tracker as a fault :(

Guest Frankish
just a little explanation on why the market is appearing after flashing the new rom, I had the same affect with the pulse's unofficial cm6 and I found out that there was a batch file that is executed before formatting the system that would backup all the gapps and then after it has finished flashing it would then restore them

I personally dont like it because it would be a pain if you were switching from 2.2 to 2.3 and found that all the 2.2 gapps was still there and messing up the system

Totally right. Backuptool.sh

So that's why mine is always clean because i format system prior to install so there is nothing to backup. And i'm right the gapps are not included in the nightlies :D

Makes sense...but then...doesn't. How does it not effect Frankish, for example?

My line of thought it: I have the Gapps .zip on my SD card (in the root, where I usually put ROM files, too) is there anything in the update script that might pull that file in automatically?

EDIT: Annnd I was beaten to it by the correct answer.

Luckily, I like this current behaviour, so I'm not fussed. Doesn't break anything.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin