CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I once tried not downloading gapps after earlier reports it was now included (which seemed odd to me when they said thy weren;t allowed to) and what I ended up with was a rom with no gapps. :D

Also, page2rss updates way too slowly to be useful for something you want to see daily. For security reasons, most forum software isn't going to let you embed external html into a thread so some way of generating it as a picture is probably the way to go. I don't know any such way though. :(

I once tried not downloading gapps after earlier reports it was now included (which seemed odd to me when they said thy weren;t allowed to) and what I ended up with was a rom with no gapps. :(

Also, page2rss updates way too slowly to be useful for something you want to see daily. For security reasons, most forum software isn't going to let you embed external html into a thread so some way of generating it as a picture is probably the way to go. I don't know any such way though. :(

I'm cheating and building a web page :D I'll iFrame it and throw in a load of info from the first post.

Guest Frankish
Makes sense...but then...doesn't. How does it not effect Frankish, for example?

My line of thought it: I have the Gapps .zip on my SD card (in the root, where I usually put ROM files, too) is there anything in the update script that might pull that file in automatically?

EDIT: Annnd I was beaten to it by the correct answer.

Luckily, I like this current behaviour, so I'm not fussed. Doesn't break anything.

Nah it doesn't really break anything i suppose. I was still in the habit of formatting system manually as the early builds the script didn't do this for us. At least it makes sense now. The thing is i have seen that line a thousand times in the update-script so i should have known.

Nah it doesn't really break anything i suppose. I was still in the habit of formatting system manually as the early builds the script didn't do this for us. At least it makes sense now. The thing is i have seen that line a thousand times in the update-script so i should have known.

It helpfully goes how much wiping is really neccesary. You seem to still go above and beyond the amount needed.

Guest samjam

I've gone back to N25 to save battery. I'm puzzled that clockwork doesn't seem to distinguish between installing an update zip and installing a complete rom zip.

Guest jayhix

This is a test post re victors question, please ignore.

If you can see this, your browser doesn't

understand iframes. However, here is the

link

to the webpage.

edit: well that worked nicely lol

Edited by jayhix

Guest jayhix

Here's the code for embedding a webpage, you'll need to turn on html in your post settings, and you may want to change the height and width :D

edit: CODE REMOVED, to avoid any malicious websites being embedded in posts etc.

Edited by jayhix

Guest bugeyes
I've gone back to N25 to save battery. I'm puzzled that clockwork doesn't seem to distinguish between installing an update zip and installing a complete rom zip.

Yep back to N25 here too.......excellent work of course from the devs! :D

Here's the code for embedding a webpage, you'll need to turn on html in your post settings, and you may want to change the height and width :D

<IFRAME src="http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade" WIDTH=800 HEIGHT=400>

If you can see this, your browser doesn't

understand iframes. However, here is the

<A HREF="http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade"> link</A>

to the webpage.

</IFRAME>

Oh you are a genius good sir!

I didn't think we could HTML to work, but that's exactly what I wanted. To the point where I was gonna build a parallel site and just point there :(

I mean, I even started working on it, With iframes 'an all.

Nice! And I stand corrected. :( It's just off in *most* forums for security reasons then. :D

By any chance do you know how to enable HTML, I can't seem to find it?

Guest Amphoras
By any chance do you know how to enable HTML, I can't seem to find it?

Under the option to add an attachment, theres a dropdown box set to HTML Off. Theres a couple of other options for it on, I guess one of them works.

Apart from me being a COMPLETE BUFOON. Is it actually there, or have I not got it?

I know that picture's for a new topic... but All my posting dialogues look like that. :/

EDIT: Just deleted image to save my Dropbox account dying :D

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Ufufu
Apart from me being a COMPLETE BUFOON. Is it actually there, or have I not got it?

I know that picture's for a new topic... but All my posting dialogues look like that. :/

You don't have it - it's usually just above the "Enable emoticons" checkbox.

I played around with the board settings, and I can't understand why it's not there for you. Maybe by some oversight HTML posting is disabled for Ad-Free members? (Or more likely, mistakenly enabled for regular members - I'm not sure allowing HTML is a very good idea).

Guest mELIANTE
You don't have it - it's usually just above the "Enable emoticons" checkbox.

I played around with the board settings, and I can't understand why it's not there for you. Maybe by some oversight HTML posting is disabled for Ad-Free members? (Or more likely, mistakenly enabled for regular members - I'm not sure allowing HTML is a very good idea).

I'm not Ad-free and I have the option. Maybe it's disabled in his control panel?

I'm not Ad-free and I have the option. Maybe it's disabled in his control panel?

I had a good snoop around, and there's nothing obviously HTML based in my control panel :D

Guest Nickman1200
Apart from me being a COMPLETE BUFOON. Is it actually there, or have I not got it?I know that picture's for a new topic... but All my posting dialogues look like that. :/
Look here:idiot2.th.jpg

Guest Krinyo

I'm flashed experimental kernel v6 over n28: battery drain is stopped. :D So it's kernel related, maybe the new wifi driver...

Edited by Krinyo

Guest Rotmann

No battery problem on N28 here. Same as N19 and up.

Alack, posted this in IE9 (where i was using chrome before)

Still nothing there. Ah well. I'm making my own site atm, you wait till that's done :D

Guest ThrashMan

He's probably refering to the "wifi stays on even when asleep" issue since N26?

Guest targetbsp

I'm adfree and also don't have it. So yeah it looks like it's off for ad free members.

The phone doesn't sleep with wifi on. That can't be good for battery?? I could just turn off wifi with tasker on screen off but its easier to just use an older build until they fix it. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Ufufu

Well, he's the only one that is Ad-free out of all of us, and he doesn't have the option :x

I could not find any HTML related settings in the control panel, and I don't think it's the browser because I'm on Opera and if it wouldn't work in any one of the browsers, that would have been Opera :D