CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Krinyo
i keep getting reboot on nightly 28 and i made sure i did a full wipe any ideas? it seems to happen when sending a text or typing it sometimes just starts vibrating other it just freezes till it reboots.....

First: Dalvik cache reset in CW...

Guest Zoon81
Today this happens 2 times too. By pressing the Power button begin light LED in keys. Repeated pressing Power button light off LED (this cycle can be repeated indefinitely). But the screen at phone doesn't work. Pressing other buttons is useless. Only one solution of this problem - to take out and to insert again the battery...

Try this!

Perhaps this solves the problem,I solved this problem setting

turn off "Always use proximity sensor"

(setting / call_setting / Always use proximity sensor [])

incall touch ui work fine.

Guest forney27
Today this happens 2 times too. By pressing the Power button begin light LED in keys. Repeated pressing Power button light off LED (this cycle can be repeated indefinitely). But the screen at phone doesn't work. Pressing other buttons is useless. Only one solution of this problem - to take out and to insert again the battery...

Yes, I also had the same problem, but since moving my governor to ondemand, I havent had this issue.

Guest Roo13
SmartAss works fine for me. I'm wondering if you guys do all the power-saving things you can

For example, turn off Facebook notification (if applicable), turn off ROM manager reporting, only have Wifi on when you need it, set Spare parts to put the phone to sleep on End button. etc, etc.

That may sounds dumb, but what is the "End" button..? i have home, menu, back, +, -, and pwr...but no End button...? :D

I've also had this happening, but consistantly over the last couple of nightlys, anyone case to give me a pointer to how I can setup things so that I can try to get a logcat out?

Interestingly, its just the screen, as I tried calling the phone once it had locked, and it still rang, but the screen stayed dead, so it couldn't be ansered. Also tried connecting to both power and to usb, both of which did nothing.

Didn't try connecting to it with android commander though...

Guest Rotmann
no N30 even tonight !!!!!!! i spent my night waiting for it

Hahaa :D Buildbot pwned you :(

That may sounds dumb, but what is the "End" button..? i have home, menu, back, +, -, and pwr...but no End button...? :D

Power on/off.

@Peepz experiencing reboots, you have some crazy app or live wallpaper, you'll have to try and see. Someone reported some animated wallpapers creating reboot problems.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest samjam
Big, big, big mistake, you should never do that, the build-bot sees it and makes fun of it :D

I remember in my home parallel universe, a mistake with the /etc/hosts file cause the build-bot to watch itself. Unfortunately this caused a singularity which at first seemed to be an infinite source of free energy until we realised that the rest of the universe was leaking through the singularity in the form of energy.

/dev/null filled up pretty quickly and blew me into this universe. I'm not sure what happened to everyone else.

Since then, build-bot watches other people. (It has to watch something, it's the only way to properly manage the quantum entropy field in a highly functional machine)

Guest birdibird
I remember in my home parallel universe, a mistake with the /etc/hosts file cause the build-bot to watch itself. Unfortunately this caused a singularity which at first seemed to be an infinite source of free energy until we realised that the rest of the universe was leaking through the singularity in the form of energy.

/dev/null filled up pretty quickly and blew me into this universe. I'm not sure what happened to everyone else.

Since then, build-bot watches other people. (It has to watch something, it's the only way to properly manage the quantum entropy field in a highly functional machine)

:D

Guest Nick Rhodes

Of the recent builds, which has the least issues, most stable (screen freezes/reboots) with decent battery life ?

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest Pirttila

Swedish Spring here i come... N28 is not ROM for me anymore, 6-10 shutdowns per day, eating battery like crazy + some odd behavior(yes i whipe, whine and everything :D ). -> i flash experimental kernel and battery was fine but shutdowns not -> back to N25 and still shutdowns. I know this is RC and there is bugs but you never know whether a cell phone is on or off, that kill all fun. I did not use GPS or wi-fi, couple times there was notification "updates available" when the phone was switched off. Hope someday this ROM is back on track. :D

Guest targetbsp
Of the recent builds, which has the least issues, most stable (screen freezes/reboots) with decent battery life ?

Cheers, Nick

I'm using N23 as my day to day rom. That has the battery life and hanging up issues fixed and pre-dates wifi keeping the phone awake. I don't get reboots but I don't use GPS (is that still a suspect?)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest MrIcka

Yepp, I'm also using N23 on my phone and it works great... runnning it for a week now, have had a couple of screen freeze and 2 reboot but thats it

Guest Rotmann

Cheers, Nick

If you use Wi-Fi and want to leave it on loger, N25. If you always switch off WiFi before putting the phone to sleep N28

Swedish Spring here i come... N28 is not ROM for me anymore, 6-10 shutdowns per day, eating battery like crazy + some odd behavior(yes i whipe, whine and everything :D ). -> i flash experimental kernel and battery was fine but shutdowns not -> back to N25 and still shutdowns. I know this is RC and there is bugs but you never know whether a cell phone is on or off, that kill all fun. I did not use GPS or wi-fi, couple times there was notification "updates available" when the phone was switched off. Hope someday this ROM is back on track. :(

It's definitely some problem of yours. Maybe you restore stuff you should not like system apps or settings or don't format /system. Running N28 on my OLED and on my wife's LCD now (she would rip my head off if I would put some unstable ROM on it :D ), no issues.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest legolamb
Every single time somebody calls me, my phone is immediately powering off.

This happens on N28 :D

No prolems with that here, first try for CM7 for me, not really added anything to it yet but it seems stable enough after a day and a bits use, battery life when not on standby is scary though :D

Guest Armadillo1

I'm on N28, was on N22 before but I could swear that had the same problem. People end up being blacklisted for no apparent reason. :D

Not sure if I'm calling them or it's when they call me 2nd time, will have to check further. Really annoying though.

Guest Nick Rhodes
If you use Wi-Fi and want to leave it on loger, N25. If you always switch off WiFi before putting the phone to sleep N28

I normally have WiFi to disconnect on sleep. Will this work with N28 ?

Is this a battery issue with N28 ?

Guest forney27
Swedish Spring here i come... N28 is not ROM for me anymore, 6-10 shutdowns per day, eating battery like crazy + some odd behavior(yes i whipe, whine and everything :D ). -> i flash experimental kernel and battery was fine but shutdowns not -> back to N25 and still shutdowns. I know this is RC and there is bugs but you never know whether a cell phone is on or off, that kill all fun. I did not use GPS or wi-fi, couple times there was notification "updates available" when the phone was switched off. Hope someday this ROM is back on track. :D

Kinda thought the same, so went back to flb.....and then came back like an hour later as cm7 has too many bells and whistles. Its kinda felt like going from windows 7 to windows 3.1

I use Iheartradio and the apk wouldnt work in flb either, but it does on CM7 2.3.3

Im happy to play along as Im sure a perfect ROM is just around the corner.

Guest Schwinni
It's definitely some problem of yours. Maybe you restore stuff you should not like system apps or settings or don't format /system.

I had an infinite reboot loop when importing the access point from a Android 2.2 rom.

After a reflash and NOT importing WiFi settings, all was fine.

I'm still on N23 - not enough time to restore everything everyday. :D

Guest targetbsp

No. The phone stays awake if wifi is connected. It doesn't go to sleep so the wifi won't disconnect. :D You have to manually disconnect wifi from a widget or something or use tasker to do it on screen off should work.

I'm on N28, was on N22 before but I could swear that had the same problem. People end up being blacklisted for no apparent reason. :D

Not sure if I'm calling them or it's when they call me 2nd time, will have to check further. Really annoying though.

If you have in call touch ui unticked then the blacklist button looks like the hang up button so you accidentally blacklist people. Or something. It was covered way back in this thread and I can;t quite remember. But anyway, turn the touch UI back on in call settings. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Rotmann

Maybe you press with your face the blacklist button? Disable in call ui in call settings.

It does not disconnect in N28, WiFi stays on and the phone does not sleep.

I had an infinite reboot loop when importing the access point from a Android 2.2 rom.

After a reflash and NOT importing WiFi settings, all was fine.

I'm still on N23 - not enough time to restore everything everyday. :D

Don't need to restore, flash over it. Never had any problems.

Guest The Soup Thief

It does not disconnect in N28, WiFi stays on and the phone does not sleep.

So you need to turn it off manually when you ain't using it (through the menus, with switchpro or similar or else automagically with Tasker)

Make sure you do that and you'll find it very economical in terms of battery usage